1,438 results
All reviewsmain poolmain resortfull kitchenactivity centerfire pitliving roomrecommend this resortsplash padbasketball courtwasher and dryerhot tubcheck in was easymini golfthree bedroomnice resortfitness centerweek stay
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Okay, so I was a little nervous about going to this resort because of the reviews. But I am glad we stayed here. First of all, if you are going to Disney, this place is perfect for the price, We were just down the road and everything was easily and quickly accessible. It really was super convenient. But about the resort itself. I think the big deal people must have talking about previous this year is the remodeling so maybe we were just there at the right time but it was very clean and the people were very nice. We checked in and were at our suite in about 15 minutes. There was a timeshare sales guys up front whom you receive your parking pass from but we just told him we were not interested and that was that, no pressure at all. Also, anytime you walk past an employee they are quick to greet you with good mornings, good afternoons and just your good southern hospitality. So who ever said they are rude is just nuts!! Our suite was exactly what we knew we were getting. I could tell it was an older unit from the outside just by looking at the newer units. BUT these older units HAVE BEEN UPDATED so do not be worried. They were spacious and all floors were newly tiled and counters were nice and appliances were new, it was not the fanciest place we have stayed, but it was not bad at all. And I would like to point out that I just refuse to stay some places, I am super picky so that should say something :) So I will end this by saying I would definitely stay here again. AND THE AMENITIES!!! I forgot, GREAT AMENITIES!!! Definitely family friendly:)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Chrissy J
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My family and I have just returned from this hotel/timeshare. We booked in at approx 6pm and were given a mini suite (basic but functional), when we awoke the next morning the toilet had backed up and was full of foal waste. Told the front desk and they moved us immediately.Staff are fantastic. When we booked in we where offered a choice of free gifts for attending the time share meeting. We attended this (our fault it was raining), offered the world until we said that we where not interested then spoke to in the most rude manner. We thought this would be the end of the matter but no every day we have a phone call telling us we had not been to the time share meeting.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
6  Thank Maddsy1
Reviewed September 12, 2012

PLEASE NOTE! I am NOT employed by trip advisor, Legacy or any affiliates.

Please mind the novel; I am going to explain the specifics of my trip that deal with Legacy and my true experiences.

First and foremost – People are obviously stupid and do not realize this is a RESORT. Not a hotel. Therefore you do not have a maid visiting your room for free on a daily basis.

I spent a full week at this magnificent resort with my girlfriend. I read some reviews on this property and I have to admit that I was skeptical. Needless to say, after I saw my room I was very impressed. The resort is EXACTLY as the pictures suggest. It was spotless; the people were friendly, helpful, courteous and fast. The only unpleasant surprise I had was the cab fare from McCoy International. Of course this has nothing to do with the resort. Expect to spend around $60 for the ride. However, there are quite a few restaurants, gift shops and pharmacies all within walking distance.
The pools are a bit on the small side, but it did not bother me at all. There are 4 pools on the resort as well as 2 hot tubs. If you had a room like mine, enjoy the jet hot tub in the master bathroom.
The kitchen was great. Being a trained chef, I was very comfortable with the layout of the kitchen. Since we were staying in the 1 bedroom suite, we had a full refrigerator, range, dishwasher, microwave oven, blender and toaster. The counter tops are granite with a 2 seating breakfast nook.
We had a DVD player in our room and we discovered on our second night that it was broken. We informed the welcome center of the situation and within minutes, our DVD player was replaced.
They make sandwiches in Marketplace on a daily basis until 10:30pm.
They are very reasonably priced and they are very good. They come with a bag of chips and a 20oz soda or draft of beer. The Tiki bar located poolside is open until 11 and they have several beers on tap including Bud (lite), Miller, Blue Point, Sam Adams and offer long board and land shark in draft.
They also make mixed drinks and have different specials on a daily basis.
There is also a spa located on the premises. I did not have the opportunity to use the amenity. I did however use the weight room that is equipped with several machines including elliptical machines treadmills, bikes, butterfly presses and abdomen exercises. They have dumbbells ranging from 2-40 lbs.
Also provided was a stacked washer and dryer complete with detergent for 1 load of laundry. The welcome center was more than happy to supply us extra boxes free of charge at our request.
On the very sad day of checkout, the welcome center was helpful in arranging a limo-van to escort us to the airport. A limo –van was also $60 plus tip. (Pretty much the same as a cab)
The bottom line is, if you are looking for a relaxing vacation, I highly recommend Legacy.The lack of wifi was not a disappointment because I was here on vacation and wanted to be away from the office environment and save it for when I returned home.
In no way was I disappointed with my stay. Nor was I asked, paid or bribed to write a positive review about the resort.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 555B. It was perfect! I did not experience any disturbance of sleep though it is next to the main pool. They seemed to be updated as compared to other rooms reviews I have read.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank zorak442
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Have just returned after two weeks here. Family of four with two children, we booked a two bedroom suite and found it really spacious. Children shared one bedroom (double bed each), and we had the master bedroom. Each bedroom had it's own separate living room (each of which could bed another two) - so we had plenty room and four televisions! Kitchen was totally adequate - we had plenty pots (and a frying pan), loads of glasses etc, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
Over the two weeks, our room had a full clean twice and two 'tidy-up cleans', we always got a large pile of towels and dish towels.
Have noticed comments on here about the time share talks. When we checked-in on arrival we received some local info leaflets, and were told that we qualified for a free breakfast (worth $60), and we could choose which restuarant in Orlando we went to (from a list). After the breakfast we would go and hear a thirty minute talk about the resort and time share options. As we have had this sort of thing sprung on us elsewhere, we just said ''no thanks'' - and that was that. We didn't take the offer (or the breakfast) - so if you don't want the time share talk just say no - simple! And go to the nearby Waffle House instead - to be recommended!

4  Thank CheshPotts
Reviewed September 4, 2012

read all previous reviews and was worried that we picked a bad choice to stay.We were very surprised of what we received .We had booked a mini suite for all 4 of us( husband ,wife, and two teen aged children.).The suite was just the right size as we were gone during most of the days.It was clean and basic supplies for kitchen and bath were provided.( ie shampoo,soap,and dish soap, toilet paper and paper towels).They supplied more if you request it from the front desk .There was housekeeping available if you wanted to pay more for it but for us not necessary as this was like a home away from home. There was laundry facilities available free of charge(-including laundry soap on request) at sister resort in Lake Buena Vista(only 10 to 15 minutes drive away during low traffic times)Just ask from desk staff for directions. The front desk people esp Greg and ,Alex, were all kind and helpful.I think one has to treat people with kindness and respect for them to treat you back that way.
Anyway, back to resort.
The pools and hot tubs were clean and well maintained.Never went to bars @ pool area but there were always lots of people using them.The entertainment was good but we only attended a magic show-Husband laughed throughout the entire show as the performer was a comedian as well. Wi Fi was available in our suite and computers were available for guest usage in main lobby.
All in all I recommend this resort for an economical and fairly stress free stay.

2  Thank alatat321