We just returned home from the Legacy Vacation Resort, and I wouldn't hesitate to return for a future stay! We arrived around 6 p.m. on Saturday, and had absolutely no wait. Traveling with two children and a pregnant sister-in-law, I requested a ground floor room, and it was granted immediately without hesitation. I was then sent to "guest services", where I obtained parking passes, and was strongly encouraged to do the timeshare tour. I took my parking passes, and declined the timeshare tour without any problems whatsoever.
We were in unit 152, and we had no problems with cleanliness; the unit was spotless when we checked in. It had two bedrooms, two baths, and a pull-out sofa sleeper, with a full kitchen. There were six of us total, and it was a comfortable unit, with room for everyone. The master suite had a king bed, whirlpool tub, and ample storage space for belongings. The guest bathroom had only a shower, and the second bedroom offered a queen size bed.
For those used to daily maid service at a hotel, this resort is not a hotel. It is a timeshare. There is no daily maid service, but units do have washer/dryers in them to do laundry, like cleaning towels and sheets, during your stay.
This resort has tennis courts, mini golf, basketball, several pools and hot tubs, and even a children's splash pad. The amenities were all very well taken care of, and available for use. The kids' club even offered free Wii games.
This resort is only about 15 minutes from Disney World, and is near tons of restaurants and shopping. The location was extremely convenient, and not terribly far from I-4.
There were a few minor problems that we had during our stay. The first night we were there, a huge fight broke out with some other guests right outside of our condo. They were screaming, and it became apparent that they were getting violent. With small children in our company, we were extremely uncomfortable with this display of behavior, especially at such a family-friendly resort. The next morning, police and management arrived, combed through the unit the people had been staying in, and appeared to be taking it very seriously. Whether the next day was the disturbing guests' check out day or not, they were not at the resort in the following days, which was a relief to us.
Another very minor problem was the circuit breaker in the second bathroom would occasionally pop, causing the lights to go out in the master bathroom. After calling maintenance to fix twice, we finally realized what the problem was, and just fixed it ourselves whenever it happened.
Overall, we had a nice stay. Our kids loved the pools, mini golf, and splash park. We enjoyed the hot tubs, gym, and relaxation the resort had to offer. I would absolutely return to Legacy Vacation Resorts in the future if it were an option in my travel plans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation in the heart of Central Florida’s most famous vacation destination – Orlando! Legacy Vacation Club Orlando located in Kissimmee, Florida puts all the magic, sun and fun virtually on your doorstep. You’re just minutes from the Walt Disney World® and Universal® Orlando theme parks, as well as the many other exciting attractions Orlando has to offer. Whether you need 1, 2 or 2-bedroom deluxe accommodations (2-bedroom deluxe suites sleep up to 8 guests), we’ll help you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Legacy Vacation Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Vacation Hotel Kissimmee
- Celebrity Hotel Orlando
- Celebrity Resorts Orlando
- Celebrity Resort Kissimmee
- Celebrity Resort Orlando
- Celebrity Hotel Kissimmee
- Legacy Vacation Resorts Kissimmee, Florida