See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile

We booked through hotels.com...deceptive photos and information.. Not a standard econolodge.. Dirty, moldy, smelly, out of date, found roaches in room, scattered trash outside, building needs a lot of work...... anyone with asthma definitely will not make a stay here... No place to sit for breakfast as they only have 4 tables... Also additional 8.95 amenities charge for what? Will never book again..

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Germanleo
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The place is close to a lot of restaurants and shops, as well as attractions. I did not care for the shuttle fee forced on you, that is part of the room price. We was on business, and never used the shuttle.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights over Spring Break while visiting Disney World and Universal. Upon arrival, our room smelled of mildew. However, we told the front desk associates and we were promptly moved to another room that was much better. The room was clean and comfortable. We were disappointed in the shuttle service. The shuttle to Disney only ran at 7 AM and returned at 10 PM. This schedule did not work well with our 21 month old. We ended up renting a car so we could go to and leave the parks whenever we needed to with our son. Otherwise, it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was told on phone they had a one bedroom handicap with seat in shower and cribs next to office. when i booked--nonrefundable--on check in I found they only had 2 bedrms..no crib--Pack-n-play & room was 10 rooms down from office.

I have handicapped baby needing sterile conditions. severe airborne allergy to potatoes and feathers (which I made sure staff knew of before arrival). Bedding worn and gross, thankfully I brought my own. In room Safe was closed and had to wait so long for someone to come, I had to bring valuables in my van. Meanwhile they said they would put crib in room.

Got back later, baby has heart disease and needs to sleep on time. No crib. After calling, I drove to office and was told "they don't put the cribs in the rooms" (I am handicapped!!) and handed a pack n play. I drove back to room, pack and play was broken and when I opened it up was full of potatoe chips!!!! I immediately dumped the chips out outside and then I just left the pack n play outside. I was in shock. Suffered severe asthma attack, baby had to take his inhaler too, both of us took benadryl.

Took over 2 hours for office to send a clean pack n play out. Lady set it up. I didnt notice BIG HOLE on side until the baby was shaking my pill bottle the next morning, having climbed out! Office staff very uncaring about my mobility issues.

Sugar ant infestation throughout room. They would not spray. Just washed behind the TV with bleach. Only member of staff willing to do anything was the head of housekeeping "Granny". Desk clerk said I needed to "Not leave food out". The rooms have microwave and fridge!!!! They Need to spray!!!

Computer in room a joke, Internet so slow and usually not working. It has some virus program that makes you watch advertising just to get connected. Each time it kept wiping out my saved browser pages on my laptop. If I hadnt brought my laptop I would have not been able to even write an email. In room computer had nothing but the worlds SLOWEST BROWSER. No office software..NOTHING.

I had to add days because baby needed more appointments at the childrens hospital. Instead of doing something so my week stay would run through, they made me come to the office twice in the morning.

The first time the lady did not redo my keys and I had all the stuff out and couldnt get in my door. I have severe mobility issues with chronic pain and a heart condition.

She never apologized but when I complained of the service she said thats why the price was so cheap. You get what you pay for!!!

Bathroom had a severe mold smell. Guests were loud and having a party on two nights. Hotel clerk said it was $1.50 to wash clothes. I put my baby to bed and had exactly that, then had to wake baby up because it was $1.75!! Washers are filthy, no one bothers to wash them. Dirt around the outside rim where the clothes pass to get put in. I had someone elses tissues and fuzz on my clothes after I washed them!!

Pictures that advertise this hotel are from when it was first built. THEY DO NOT REPRESENT THE HOTEL. They need to be updated as they are falsely advertising. THIS HOTEL LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURES SHOWN. I am posting photos they show and ones I took there. BIG Difference.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HelenofKnots
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at both of these Econolodges and found Maingate to be far superior to the one on International Drive. The rooms are much bigger. Dollar Tree, Nike outlet stores within walking distance. Pool and laundry but no soap to buy (bought from D. Tree). As stated in other reviews be aware of the $9 per night resort fee. Breakfast area is small and crowded but they have outdoor seating to accommodate. Cold cereal, toast, mini donuts, waffles,coffee, and delicious mango juice. They only provide 6oz cups. Save your table,get your coffee juice and then wait in line for making the waffle. These are older hotels and prices very reasonable.Hotel on Int drive provides mini muffins only. Maingate offers other amenities for purchase such as v8 juice $1 and other snacks. Staff is awesome.Had problem with volume on tv and they sent someone right up. Had difficulty getting onto the Internet and again sent someone right up. Planned to go back to Orlando but stayed here 5 days. Very pleasant experience. Will definitely return. Very reasonable rate through the week $25 plus $9 resort fee which all the hotels charge. So much is nearby. Even found a Salvation Army thrift store to peruse. Old Town is not far and very interesting shops and drive. Love Econolodge for making things more affordable as without them this vacation would not have been possible. If you are here on vacation Gatorland is a must see. Grand kids liked Gatorland better than Disney. Refreshing to see such a family oriented attraction who obviously tries to keep prices low. Impressed that they have keep the values of the original owner.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family