“Mostly okay....”

Econo Lodge Maingate West
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Econo Lodge Maingate West
Ranked #104 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Sockets wouldn't hold plugs. Had to hold plug in place and appliance in the other. Linens were clean, maid service was excellent. Computer didn't work. No bulb in standing lamp. Office staff very friendly and helpful. Pool was not as clean as it should be. A/C needs help. But the hotel is very convenient to attractions and restaurants and the price was great so I'll probably stay on our next visit.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 November 2015

Booked this hotel for 1 night, I used Agoda site, it did not mention any fee but when I checked in they want a facility fee to pay for the shuttle service to Disney and wifi service, my room is comfortable and had a computer free to use, breakfast room is small, shuttle service to Disney leave the hotel way to early 7:50 am, I'm on vacation I wanna be able to sleep in, so I ended up drive, is about 15 minutes from Epcot, over all is cheap hotel, you got what u paid for!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank oceanrfrizz
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

I can't complain. The staff was very friendly, they gave me a room with handicap access, which I really appreciated it, since we basically booked the room the same day. The room was clean, the Internet worked out great. The pool was amazing, water was warm so you could swim up till late at night.
Like I say for the price, it's a great place, it's close to a lot of restaurants, disney, and the international drive.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

We booked through hotels.com...deceptive photos and information.. Not a standard econolodge.. Dirty, moldy, smelly, out of date, found roaches in room, scattered trash outside, building needs a lot of work...... anyone with asthma definitely will not make a stay here... No place to sit for breakfast as they only have 4 tables... Also additional 8.95 amenities charge for what? Will never book again..

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Germanleo
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The place is close to a lot of restaurants and shops, as well as attractions. I did not care for the shuttle fee forced on you, that is part of the room price. We was on business, and never used the shuttle.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights over Spring Break while visiting Disney World and Universal. Upon arrival, our room smelled of mildew. However, we told the front desk associates and we were promptly moved to another room that was much better. The room was clean and comfortable. We were disappointed in the shuttle service. The shuttle to Disney only ran at 7 AM and returned at 10 PM. This schedule did not work well with our 21 month old. We ended up renting a car so we could go to and leave the parks whenever we needed to with our son. Otherwise, it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was told on phone they had a one bedroom handicap with seat in shower and cribs next to office. when i booked--nonrefundable--on check in I found they only had 2 bedrms..no crib--Pack-n-play & room was 10 rooms down from office.

I have handicapped baby needing sterile conditions. severe airborne allergy to potatoes and feathers (which I made sure staff knew of before arrival). Bedding worn and gross, thankfully I brought my own. In room Safe was closed and had to wait so long for someone to come, I had to bring valuables in my van. Meanwhile they said they would put crib in room.

Got back later, baby has heart disease and needs to sleep on time. No crib. After calling, I drove to office and was told "they don't put the cribs in the rooms" (I am handicapped!!) and handed a pack n play. I drove back to room, pack and play was broken and when I opened it up was full of potatoe chips!!!! I immediately dumped the chips out outside and then I just left the pack n play outside. I was in shock. Suffered severe asthma attack, baby had to take his inhaler too, both of us took benadryl.

Took over 2 hours for office to send a clean pack n play out. Lady set it up. I didnt notice BIG HOLE on side until the baby was shaking my pill bottle the next morning, having climbed out! Office staff very uncaring about my mobility issues.

Sugar ant infestation throughout room. They would not spray. Just washed behind the TV with bleach. Only member of staff willing to do anything was the head of housekeeping "Granny". Desk clerk said I needed to "Not leave food out". The rooms have microwave and fridge!!!! They Need to spray!!!

Computer in room a joke, Internet so slow and usually not working. It has some virus program that makes you watch advertising just to get connected. Each time it kept wiping out my saved browser pages on my laptop. If I hadnt brought my laptop I would have not been able to even write an email. In room computer had nothing but the worlds SLOWEST BROWSER. No office software..NOTHING.

I had to add days because baby needed more appointments at the childrens hospital. Instead of doing something so my week stay would run through, they made me come to the office twice in the morning.

The first time the lady did not redo my keys and I had all the stuff out and couldnt get in my door. I have severe mobility issues with chronic pain and a heart condition.

She never apologized but when I complained of the service she said thats why the price was so cheap. You get what you pay for!!!

Bathroom had a severe mold smell. Guests were loud and having a party on two nights. Hotel clerk said it was $1.50 to wash clothes. I put my baby to bed and had exactly that, then had to wake baby up because it was $1.75!! Washers are filthy, no one bothers to wash them. Dirt around the outside rim where the clothes pass to get put in. I had someone elses tissues and fuzz on my clothes after I washed them!!

Pictures that advertise this hotel are from when it was first built. THEY DO NOT REPRESENT THE HOTEL. They need to be updated as they are falsely advertising. THIS HOTEL LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURES SHOWN. I am posting photos they show and ones I took there. BIG Difference.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.