Stayed here in Feb 2012 with my GF and 1 yr old daughter. The website pictures make it look a lot better than it is. Considering we used my aunt's Vacation Exchange, I was expecting better. I'll break down my review in sections.
Resort Grounds - From the outside when you enter, the resort looks great. Plenty of trees and there's a pond in the middle of the resort with many different birds species. The pool area is nice as well, with a gazebo covered jacuzzi and little tiki bar at the back. Did not use the Tennis/Basketball Court, Gameroom or Internet Cafe (used a PC in the lobby).
Front Desk/Service - Front desk service was okay if we needed something, but daily room cleaning was not included with our stay. This was highly disappointing, and one of the reasons I would not come back here. Also, our Washer/Dryer broke down and they were unable to fix it. Not a big deal as we were on vacay, but another thing to note.
Rooms - Our 1 Bedroom Villa was fully equipped, but very dated and in need of an update. This is the other reason I would not recommend this place. Appliances, flooring, walls, furniture all definitely need upgrading. I originally had Westgate Lakes booked but changed over here because of the full kitchen feature. If I knew how it looked here I wouldn't have switched.
Location - In relation to Disney and the other main attractions, the resort was a little out of the way. They do offer shuttle service to the main attractions, and there are plenty of restaurants/shopping close by. It's across the street from Osceola Mall, but it's a run down place with mainly discount shops.
With all the other options available in Orlando, I definitely would not recommend staying at this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a secluded hammock of majestic oak trees, Oak Plantation is quiet and comfortable, yet close to everything-a distinct advantage among resorts in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure® Orlando and SeaWorld® are just minutes away. There's so much to see and do in beautiful Central Florida, no matter how many vacations you've spent here you can keep coming back - and never be disappointed. At our Orlando Kissimmee resort, you're right in the middle of all the excitement.Oak Plantation Resort offers children's activities, a playground, a video-game room, a fitness center, and picnic areas furnished with barbecue grills and tables.A Wednesday night "dive-in" movie by the pool with complimentary popcorn is available to all guests. The hotel also provides daily pool activities.The resort provides complimentary scheduled transportation to and from the Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios®, and SeaWorld® theme parks. Power up with a full breakfast buffet everyday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for only $7.95 (Adults) and $5.50 (Children ages 4-9). Free Wireless Internet access is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oak Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak Plantation Hotel Kissimmee
- Oak Plantation Kissimmee Florida
- Oak Plantation Villas Resort
- Oak Plantation Resort Kissimmee, Florida