All reviewsmaster bedroomsafari themefull kitchennature trailpool areawasher and dryertime sharetwo twin bedsdisney parksno elevatorthird floorscreened in porchshuffle boardhot tubtimeshare exchangecomforts of homepublix supermarket
Reviewed August 5, 2018

I booked this resort a couple of weeks ago for my vacation. I was looking for something that would accommodate me and my family. It was 6 of us, so this resort was more than enough for us. We did enjoy the resort and I like that fact that it had an African theme to it. The rooms where nice size. In the master bedroom It a Jacuzzi and shower. The other bedroom also had a bathroom. Pullout couch bob, too. The kitchen was very nice and clean they supplied you with everything, pot, pans ,dishes, etc. It's a very cozy, resort. CON: I didn't like climbing 3 flights of stairs but we manage. The place is a little dated but it's not a bad for the money. PRO'S: The service was great and everyone treated us very nice. Anything I needed they provided it. Oh, yes, I almost forgot about the nature walk. it lead to restaurant and shopping areas, within walking distant.

1  Thank BigJosh1
Diamond R, Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you for vacationing with us and we are so pleased to hear you had a lovely visit. The Parkway International Resort is known for providing top notch customer service! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here with grandsons many years ago as a trade through II. Got the opportunity to trade in again this year and jumped at it. Very clean rooms. Excellent staff going out of their way at every opportunity to help or improve your stay. Grounds are lovely and well kept. Condos well stocked. Comfortable beds. Pool area clean and well kept. This is a smaller resort than some we have stayed at before, but that is one of its appeals to us. Only day 2 of a 10 day stay but anticipate no problems.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2018

I booked this resort on an Interval exchange through my timeshare. After reading other reviews of the property, I was a little worried.

Once I got here, though, I discovered that the unit I was given was a lovely place to stay.

It is not "luxury," which is why I went with 3 stars. The buildings are 3 stories and there is no elevator. That is a minus in my book.

However, we had a large, 2 bedroom unit. It had a big kitchen and a very large living room/dining room area with a sleeper sofa in it.

Each bedroom had a flat screen TV, as did the living room.

The beds were comfortable, though the pillows kind of sucked.

There was a beautiful pool area, though I never had the time to actually go to the pool.

The location is very convenient for Disney and Universal, if that is what you are going to Orlando for,

Yes, the resort is a little old and dated, but it is more than pleasant. I would not hesitate to come back again.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

I live an hour away in Cocoa Beach, and I traded a week from my resort in Waikiki to spend a week with out of state family attending a conference in Orlando. Be prepared - all buildings are named to make you think you are in Africa (Serengeti, Kenya, Nairobi, etc.), and after climbing three flights of stairs and entering the two bedroom unit, I almost believed it. Later on, after a visit to the resort’s pool and Jacuzzi, I believed it also.
Furnishings: The bedrooms have two huge, very heavy carved wooden closets/wardrobes which look similar to pieces I have seen in West Africa. Unfortunately they sit right next to the bed, blocking two of the three electrical outlets in the room. I had to move one at great effort to expose the outlet so my wife could plug in her CPAP machine. Suggestion: bring your own power strips if you need electricity for a CPAP or to charge any phones, tablets or laptops. There are no end tables either to set anything (cell phone, CPAP, water cup, etc.) on, so after moving the wardrobes I took the two stools from the dining room for "end table" use. The TVs are small flat screens, not mounted to the walls. In the bedroom the TV sits on the dresser and is too low to see from the bed, unless you are sitting up, against the headboard. In the living/dining room, it sits in another carved African-style cabinet, and the protruding doors of the cabinet block the viewing angle from the dining table. You have to sit on the uncomfortable and worn couch/pull out bed to view the small screen.
Cleanliness: The unit looked clean (at first glance), but a swipe over the counter tops and dining table produced lots of aged grime that apparently is rarely if ever cleaned between occupants. The master bathroom smelled like a public gas station bathroom. We surmised that the tile is not sealed, and previous occupant’s urine had penetrated the tile surface and or grout, and the bathroom had not apparently seen any Clorox in recent history. Closer inspection showed mold growing on the under edge surfaces of the MBR shower, and on the shower curtain in the second bath/shower room. Apparently Clorox/bleach is in short supply in Africa. After a phone call to the General Manager, we were given an apology and treated to a visit by the head housekeeper, and a subsequent “thorough cleaning”.
Mechanical: The coffee pot provided did not work on the morning after check in, so the staff quickly replaced it. We were also missing silver ware and pillows, which were replaced quickly. The vent fans in both bathrooms sound like a malfunctioning freight train, and seemed utterly worthless. Maintenance was very quick to attempt to “fix” the MBR vent fan. The technician disassembled the filthy fan, cleaned it and lubed it with WD-40, but it made no difference. The General Manager later told me that these were actually heaters, not vent fans, and he, like me, had no idea why anyone would install heaters in Florida bathrooms. Over the week, we got used to not even turning them on, due to the noise and uselessness of doing so. Hopefully in the future “renovation” project, these will be dealt with. The master bedroom shower would not produce hot water (though the sink and the other shower’s water was hot enough to scald you). The maintenance man increased the temperature output of the hot water heater, which had no effect. Eventually it was determined that the solution would require a plumber and a few days’ project, which would presumably occur sometime in the future, when the room was not occupied.
Common areas: There was one dumpster at the far end of the parking lot, to empty our garbage into. Unfortunately, there is no way to recycle anything. We separated our plastic, aluminum and cardboard throughout the week, only to discover that it all went into the same dumpster, and nothing was recycled. The back stairway (unit is on the 3rd floor without an elevator) had a few pieces of trash on the edge of two of the stairs, which remained for four days until I mentioned it to the General Manager.
Pool/Jacuzzi: On arrival evening we ventured out to the pool and Jacuzzi which was beyond packed with residents. Many resorts in Orlando advertise two or more pools, and I now see why this is important. I approximated about 150 people using the facility, and was amazed that my wife and I were the only white people there! I have lived and worked throughout Africa, the Caribbean, Central and South America on USAF and State Department missions, so that did not bother me, but it did surprise me to experience this, here in the USA. Obviously this is not a real issue, or anything the resort can control, but what bothered me was the lack of security or anyone designated to enforce posted rules. The sign at the Jacuzzi clearly states no one under age 14 is allowed in the hot tub without adult supervision, and gives a time limit. It also states there is a Maximum Occupancy of eight people. We arrived to find 14 people in the Jacuzzi – so full that the water was flowing over the edge! Later in the week (after entering the Jacuzzi with only two other people in it) we were then inundated with the staggered arrival of another eight “children” (bringing the count to 12 in the water) aged from low 20’s to about 6 years old, with no adults or supervision of any kind. Two of the youngest were splashing water everywhere, annoying the initial occupants. When my wife politely asked them not to splash, the oldest of the girls (a Hispanic 22 year old, who had her back turned to the offending kids, and did not even realize they had entered the Jacuzzi) reacted angrily and became very hostile to us. She claimed that this 6-8 y/o blonde haired boy was her bother and we had no right to correct him. She began cursing and insulting everyone older than she was, demanding that we all “Shut the F@*# up!” and “Get the F@*# out of the pool!”, and then launched into racial slurs, age related insults and absurd political insults and threats. It was all we could do not to physically eject her from the pool, and the roving Security Guard was nowhere in sight. She did not let up, and after about five minutes the other two original guests departed, fearing physical violence. Eventually her parents showed up after one or both of her “brothers” called them down from their room, complaining that they were innocent, and these white people were bothering them. Eventually after being told by parents to “ignore those people” (us), the rude and offensive girls left the pool. I talked with the Security Guard later, who made the excuse that he is all by himself and has to monitor parking lots and other facilities, and only comes by the pool area once in a while, but that in the future I should go to the Tikki Bar and ask the bartender to call him. However, the bar had closed about an hour earlier, so this was not possible. I told him to be more observant in the future, as the next guest might not be as tolerant or patient as I was, and that the resort would not like to have to deal with blood in the pool.
In spite of all of these issues, I will rate the front desk response time as excellent. When I called asking for pillows for the pull out couch/bed, they arrived within five minutes. When I called about the fan noise, the maintenance man arrived within five minutes. When I left a message for the General Manager, I got a call back from him right on schedule.
Conclusion: The big issue (in my opinion) is a lack of attention to detail at this resort. There appears to be little if any supervision or quality control in any area except the front desk, which is in close proximity to the management. My advice is to stay at a Marriott or a Sheraton time share resort if you have the option during your next visit to Orlando. I know I will ParkaWay across town!

Room Tip: Room renovations will BEGIN in late summer. Rooms on the 3rd floor have higher ceilings and less carpet. Remember there are NO elevators.
Reviewed July 25, 2018

July 2018 for a week. Plenty of room for the four of us. 2 bedrooms/2 full bathrooms, master bedroom has a king bed and 2nd bedroom two twin beds. Shower in hallway bathroom, shower and soaking tub in master bathroom, a tiny kitchen with a stacked washer and dryer. A small screened patio off of the master bedroom with a small table and chairs. A door off of the living room that leads outside to a path that you can follow to the pool. We were near the back and the tennis court was right outside our unit. It was very quiet. Kitchen had everything we needed but the frying pan was very small to cook eggs in for 4 people and we made spaghetti, so we bought a frying pan and brought it home with us. Very friendly, helpful and quick check in and check out. The concierge person, Jean Louis was very helpful and gave us directions and coupons. He will try to get you to a meeting for timeshare owners but we ended up not going and he refunded us the amount $ 20 that was charged to us to attend. There is a $ 100 deposit and it will be returned to you in about a week if there are no excessive cleaning to do or damages. The decor is old and reminded me of something at Disney with African animals everywhere, wall borders, wood, furniture, etc. but we loved it. A very comfortable, very convenient place to stay and about a mile from Disney. Close to all parks, Disney Springs and Universal Studios. We did not use any of the facilities while there. We tried to swim in the pool three different days/times and it was just too crowded for us. We spent our time at Disney, Disney Springs, Universal Studios, etc. anyway. Lots of shopping including Disney Outlet near by and restaurants. It was cheaper to plan some meals at the condo or at a restaurant nearby then eating at Disney.

Room Tip: We stayed near the back where the tennis courts were located. It was very quiet and not as much cars going by.
1  Thank familyfun001