“Very good hotel for affordable trip”

Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ranked #40 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 21 February 2016

We spent one night here for a short trip to Disney and I was pleasantly surprised. I have not stayed in Kissimmee for years, preferring to stay in the Disney Springs/Lake Buena Vista area. We got this hotel for about $40 less than prices all around Orlando on Hotwire. We checked in early, at about 9 am, and were kindly given a room. Although it was only two of us, we got a family suite with two bunk beds and a queen bed. The room was really nice: updated, a mini fridge, two televisions, and a large and clean bathroom. The A/C is really good; we put it at 70 and had to put it a up a bit more because we got cold. The hotel was quiet at night and in a good area of Kissimmee, so we felt very safe. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to the parks and a couple of minutes from International Drive. You can find tons of restaurants within 5 minutes of the hotel. My only complaint is the parking. We arrived from the parks at about 10:30pm, a relatively early time, and there was no parking. We had to park on the grass next to the entrance, a slightly dangerous area since it's immediately on the entrance to the hotel. The people arriving about 5 minutes after us would have not had anywhere to park. In the morning, we received a letter under our door that everyone parked by the construction area must remove their vehicle by 10 am. There really ought to be enough parking for everyone. But overall, I would recommend this hotel for people looking for an affordable and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2016

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Orlando/Celebration area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,582)

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

This was a big disappointment. The rooms were much smaller than expected. There was no kitchenette , just a mini fridge. No place to eat comfortably in the room. The main bed was lumpy. There was no closet door. Kids tv showed only one channel.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Stephen Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2016

Dear sweetkc123;

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Based on your comments, you stayed in one our queen bedded rooms with bunkbeds. These room do not have a kitchenettes and we do not advertise as such. We apologize that you had a problem with one of the TV’s in your room. We hope you reached out to our 24 guest service desk to have it fixed.

Again, thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

A costly and rundown tourist trap. Only positive side is the helpful and kind front desk staff that will go out of their way to try and satisfy you. In this case their name does not live up to their gimmick "the best surprise is no surprise" it was full of unpleasent surprises...and a overflowing parking lot was one of them

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Ron S

Dear Ron S;

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you were not happy with your stay. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectation during their stay with us. We have large parking facilities in the front and rear of the hotel along to handle all guest parking.

If we may be on any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at 407-396-4222.
Thank you – Stephen Zuravin – Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2016

My wife, teen daughters, and I took a small suite (queen bed and fold out couch) for 6 days as our home base for visiting Universal and Disney. This hotel was pretty good for our purposes. The room was comfortable. The bed was firm. The room was quiet. The girls thought the sofa bed was not that great. The wifi was spotty, perhaps because we were at the end of the hall. The breakfast was plentiful, but the room rate only entitled us to breakfast for 2; not family friendly at all. And a mysterious, non-advertised resort rate of $11 approx. was added for every night on top of the advertised room rate, which makes no earthly sense since we were miles from any resort and I saw no added benefit. Still, we were quite comfortable and appreciated the room amenities, which included a large flat screen TV, microwave, and fridge. We would keep this place in mind for a subsequent visit.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Moonspring

Moonspring,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that your overall stay with us was a pleasant one and that you and your family enjoyed the amenities the room had to offer during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn Orlando SW-Celebration Area

Reviewed 10 February 2016

This was my first stay at the Holiday Inn Orlando Celebration. My sister and I stayed here Feb 3-7 and had the BEST trip ever!
From check in to check out - everyone who worked at the hotel treated us like we were special. We did run into a couple of things like there were some sugar ants in the bathroom (only a few) it is Florida after all - and they let us change rooms and that was very seamless.
The new room was actually right next door and the room was clean - never saw one bug, so I knew immediately that we made the right decision to stay here.
Housekeeping made up our beds every day while we were out and changed out our towels, not sure what people have complained on previous reviews. Needless to say - we were very happy with everything.
We did not try the breakfast or the restaurant - however there are so many places to choose - the possibilities were endless. I'm a big fan of Starbucks in the morning & there is one right down the street.
We did not have time to check out the pool or hot tub - however they both looked nice and very well kept.
We were approached to do a timeshare presentation - I knew about it from reading reviews. I told him that we weren't interested and he never brought it up again, so no pressure and no harm done.
the beds were very comfortable, pillows were great. The carpet is old - however - who doesn't bring flip flops to wear while on vacation? I always do wherever I go, so the carpet wasn't an issue for either of us.
The other issue we had was when we tried to use the business center to print out our boarding passes and the guy at the front desk (I think his name was Christopher?) Well he told me they were having an issue with the printer and was kind enough to let us use one of the computers at the front desk and print out our tickets.
Also - on the reviews, people complained about parking. We had no issue with parking. There was always a space for us in the front of the building and the lighting is great -[ so not sure what people were complaining about...
And I am not worried about the "resort fee." From what I understand - ALL of the hotels in the area charge that - just like Las Vegas, so I have NO problem with paying it since it's industry wide.
So two thumbs up and 5 stars for this hotel.
I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend to anyone looking for a great hotel close to Disney.
By the way - did I mention that my other sister stayed in a Disney hotel 6.2 miles from this Holiday Inn. The room was $237 per night and had a $25 per day resort fee AND the room was no different from my room. So BONUS!
Thanks again for the GREAT customer service from everyone at the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Dawndiddly,

Thank you for your 5-Star review! We are pleased to know that your stay with us was a wonderful one. We are happy to hear that our staff especially Christopher, provided excellent service to you at every turn throughout your stay. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and I am happy to know that we did exactly that. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to the area.

Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn Orlando SW Celebration Area

Reviewed 10 February 2016

I needed a place to stay for just one night for a work commitment, and this particular hotel was closest to where I needed to be, so I used a free night certificate instead of paying $200. The best thing about the hotel was the staff, as I was treated kindly with every interaction I had. The rest of the hotel was pretty average, a little worn out, and nothing to get too excited about. Would not be my first choice if I needed to stay in the area again, and definitely not a $200/night hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2016

Dear FinanceGuy99;
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you were able to use a complimentary certificate during your stay and had a positive interaction with our staff.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Very helpful staff on reception. Ask for a room on 7th or 8th floor facing North so you can see fireworks from your balcony each evening ( but note - you get no sun)
First room very noisy- next door very loud and we could also hear the lift. Got room changed, no problem. All rooms have thin walls with connecting doors so you can hear.
Nice pool and outside seating.
Can buy good all you can eat breakfast in the hotel.
Italian restaurant on block after MacDonalds very good.

Falcons Fire golf course nearby very good.
Worth seeing the classic cars rally every Friday and Saturday in Old Town over the road.

Be careful about taking up offer of half price tickets for Disney at Vacations desk in exchange for going on a 'Vacations Holiday' tour. We were told it would be 90 minutes and it was 4 hours (without buying anything!). We felt it was waste of half a day of our holiday. The presentation and sales pitch was fine (it is not timeshare) - we were just misled over the time.

Stayed: January 2016
Stephen Z, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

John B,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your review. We are pleased to hear that you found our staff very helpful and that they were able to assist you in ensuring that your room requests were met. We apologize for any noise issues you may have encountered and for your sub-par experience at your Holiday Inn Club Vacations presentation. We hope that we have the pleasure of hosting you again on your next trip to the Orlando/Celebration Area.

Operations Manager