“"Good service, well located and affordable hotel"”

Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange
Ranked #98 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 8 February 2016

When travelling to Kissimmee or Orlando normally we are looking for convenient and affordable hotels; I am happy to say that this year's selection achieved all our requirements. The hotel is well located, the service was effective and the room conditions were very good; it seems that it has recently been refurbished.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Yes, it's lower end, but if you are traveling and trying to save money it's great. When we go to Disney we don't want to spend a fortune on the room. Who's staying in the room other than to sleep??? Really, it's nice people, safe location and cheap. We were very pleased.

Room Tip: We always choose facing the pool
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Let's start with the positives... the staff was nice and helpful. Now to the negatives:
1. The room was very dirty. Visible dirt everywhere, the shower had mold and mildew growing on the walls and on the fixtures. My daughter spilled something on the carpet, when I used a white towel to clean it up, the towel turned black. Just plain gross.
2. Dirty linens. They did change the towels each day, but they did not return the correct number of towels to the room. There were four guests staying there, sometimes we would have three towels, other days four, one time we only got two bath towels, but no wash cloths or hand towels. The towels we did get had hairs all over them or they would have visible dirt. We called daily to get clean towels.
3. Amenities. Our room came with two refrigerators - which we used to keep groceries for our sack lunches. We came home on our first day and the refrigerator FROZE all of our food.
4. Bugs. Yes, bugs. There were gnats everywhere, ants crawling over the walls in the bathroom and sink areas. We even had some large black bugs crawl out of the sofa. Gross.
5. No parking. There was so little parking available, we ended up having to park at nearby businesses and walk to the hotel.
6. Broken In Room Safe. They advertised an in room safe, which was broken. There was no way I was leaving my valuables in the room, so we ended up storing them in the rental car, more safe than the hotel, but still not ideal.
7. Peeling paint. The paint was peeling off of the walls and the door. This really concerned me since we were staying with a small child.

On the whole, I am glad to say we survived, but we would NEVER recommend this hotel. If we hadn't prepaid for our entire stay in advance we would have RAN from this hotel. Please, if you took the time to read, please stay anywhere but here.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

After checking in and getting our room key we went to our room. Unbelievable..... You could kick your foot right through the door without it even opening. After packing up the car again and going back to the lobby we were given another room. We went there and thought everything was ok. At 3am the fire alarm went off. After vacating the room we walked over and seen there was smoke coming out of one of the rooms. The firetrucks came and left and I believe everything was ok. The next morning at 6am the fire alarm went off. This time I believe it was just a false alarm. After taking to some of the regulars at the hotel they said this happens ALL the time. When checking out we were not given any explanation or anything. The breakfast is not bad but not good either. I would recommend to NOT EVERY GO HERE!

Room Tip: I do not have any tips as I do not recommend anyone to go here.
Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

My lifelong ambition, a love affair I'd had ever since I could remember, was finally here. I was GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!!!!! Stepping off the plane to the stuff of dreams, you couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Me, my prince, our rented car... Until we arrived at the biggest loudest hotel on the west irlo Bronson highway. With a huge orange roof, its the epitomy of the american dream... If american dreams rented rooms by the hour. This was more like when you thought the dalmations were going to become stylish coats. Or Bambi's mum died. One thing that definitely wasn't dead was the lovely array of cockroaches that infested our room! We tried to tell ourselves that we were in the jungle book, and it was all part of the Disney experience (I should note for the record in true American style that our hotel was in no way affiliated with Disney) the only way this hotel could improve is if it was struck by lightening in a spectacular Floridian storm and burnt to the ground... Although it didn't ruin our trip, in hindsight we would have stayed on I drive. But for the love of god, don't stay here.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jessicaf1986
Reviewed 29 January 2016

This is our third stay here over the last three years. We found our stay excellent as usual. Friendly staff, clean comfortable room, at very reasonable cost. Hotel close to restaurants and Disney.Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We chose 1st floor, easier for luggage.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank marya48
Reviewed 5 January 2016

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge