“Cool Family Vacation Spot”
Review of Liki Tiki Village

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #24 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
New Jersey
“Cool Family Vacation Spot”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

The Liki Tiki Village is the perfect family vacation destination. My family of five have visited for week long stays 3 times since 2007. The proximity to Disney is great. As well as easy access to the highways to other Orlando attractions. The pool area and waterpark are great. Rather than trying to hit the expensive theme parks every single day of our stay, we always like to spend a couple of days just relaxing on the property. There are fun, daily activities for kids of all ages and the Tiki bar is great for mom and dad time. They also have themed activities in the evening, karaoke night, luaus and such. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We were assigned the 1200 building twice and the 1300 one time. Both buildings are close enough to walk to the waterpark but not too close to get the noise. Negatives? Not worth mentioning as they were very few and dealt with immediately.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating whenever we had a request.

Room Tip: If your balcony area is facing the woods, try to make sure it is screened in so you can enjoy the sp...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank trusteeeva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Finnish first
toronto
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Upon arrival, my 5-yr-old son looked out our balcony overlooking the water park, and said ,"This is AWESOME!" - and I totally agreed! I am currently here with both my little boys, ages 3 and 5, and we have all the comforts of home, an onsite water park (and the warm weather to enjoy it!), and Disney World around the corner! Wow. I don't know if we just lucked into a phenomenally good deal, but for $60 CDN a night, I certainly did not expect it to really look like the pictures on their website. But it does. It's absolutely lovely.

Check-in was fast and efficient, reception staff were friendly and helpful, our 1brm unit was immaculately clean (except, perhaps for the carpets, which I think could use a good steam clean - literally my only complaint, and a very minor one at that), spacious, and the beds (even the sofabed) are comfortable.

There is a fully equipped kitchen (fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender, and everything else we are likely to need) and enough supplies to get you started (coffee, dishwasher detergent, dish washing liquid, plus a sponge, dish towel, pot holder). For food and anything else you're missing, there's a 24 hr WalMart a short drive away (this also looks like a good place to get your Disney souvenirs).

There's also a washer & dryer, the bathtub is jetted, 2 TVs, DVD player (and they rent movies on site), a CD player, and in room WiFi.

The water park is absolutely fantastic for children (but probably only up to about age 10-12) and mums/dads/big brothers or sisters can join their kids on the waterslides. It's clean, the water is heated, and the lifeguards are relatively attentive.

There is a great play structure, and sand to play in. Also included in our booking are use of the paddle boats, mini golf, and 4-person bikes. I see rates posted, so it may be that these activities are extra with some packages.

The resort is a 12 min. drive to Disney's Animal Kingdom, 16 min. to the Magic Kingdom. Although the Hwy 192 area is lacking in character, developed solely for tourism - everything you need is within a short drive, with lots of restaurants close by. (We had dinner at the IHOP last night. It didn't stand up to my childhood memories of March Break family drives to Florida, but kids eat for free between 4-10 pm, so that kind of made up for it.).

Would I recommend this resort? Absolutely. Would I stay here again? Absolutely. In fact, I'm wondering if I could extend our stay...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank lehaha
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I used to live in New York and come here all the time I currently live in Florida now I LOVE this place! I had to wright a review after Debbie Downer wrote a book under my review lol. My experience at Liki Tiki Village over all was great the pool area was amazing I have a big family so we were all having a blast great place for kids, over all the resort is amazing rooms are great I feel like for family its a great place to be although i'm always happy when I go away and make the best of everything I guess you cant make everyone happy haha! Would love to go agian for old times sake.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank kealy a
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Every resort has some issues, there are bugs people, but this is Central Florida. Our villa was extremely clean although we booked the updated building, what they they gave us was ok too.
Housekeeping let a jacuzzi overflow in which the water travelled 4 floors below to our tub but we immediately had maintenance and quality assurance there to make sure all was satisfactory. The water only dripped in our tub, no big deal. They had housekeeping clean our villa (although we didn't pay extra for it) and replenish all supplies. They also offered to switch our room but it wasn't necessary. The only thing to be wary of is (and they are a separate entity) the belligerent timeshare salesman, very cheesy used car sales looking. He is rude and deceitful. We had a huge issue with him but the management of the Liki Tiki came to our room in person to see if there was anything he could do to rectify the problem.
All in all the customer service was outstanding, they are very quick to respond and accomodate any problems. The waterpark is awesome, pools are clean and warm, and staff very friendly. What more do you want for this price? If you want the Hilton, go pay Hilton prices.

5 Thank T J
Wolcott, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 January 2012

There are 600 units here, so i can imagine in the busy season things can get a little chaotic,however we booked January 19th to the 25th. We were in building 900, second floor. The unit is clean, and you get starters for everything you need. Walmart is 2 miles away, Target and Publix are down the street to get the essentials. You have a washer and dryer, a large living room with pull out couch, huge bathroom with a whirlpool tub, and a bedroom. We also had a vaccuum cleaner which came in really handy with 2 young children, a mop and broom. It is a resort, yet you are essentially leasing a unit for a short stay. It is not a hotel, therefore you do not have housekeeping, nor do you need it since you have everything you need. The deck-balcony was huge complete with a table and 4 chairs. That is part of the relaxing part, that i enjoyed. Any entertainment at shipwreck sallys runs from 5pm to 9pm, so it is quiet by 9pm if you are near that section.
The waterpark is fun for all ages. They have waterslides for older kids, zero entry for the younger ones. The toddler pool is large with an octopus fountain in the middle. Pools are heated to 80 degrees. The resort has other pools as well, yet we didnot go there. The resort fees are more than reasonable for what you get, and inexpensive compared to other resorts. You have the surry bicycle rentals which have baskets in front for young children [my 3 year old and 1 year old love it....but i will warn, itis a workout]. The paddle boats my 3 year old loved [It is a florida lake, and with that comes wildlife...], mini golf, tennis courts, shuffle boards, playground with slides and more. I really do not have anything bad to say about it. I heard units 700-1200 have been remodeled.

This is our 6th trip to Florida in the last 3 years. TIP for anyone reasearching...do it right the first time and dont cut corners. This area [kissimmee] is loaded with switch and bait...not here.

9 Thank familywhotravels_11
Anchorage
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Family of 5 from Alaska with three teens (first vacation beyond the west coast states). Loved the accomodations. Staff is wonderful! When taking a break from theme parks, we enjoyed paddle boating, playing mini-golf, basketball and volleyball. The room was clean and saw no bugs as mentioned in previous posts. I agree with others to state Liki Tiki is an excellent value. 2 bedroom suite was spacious and pool side unit highly appreciated. Teens went swimming every evening. Every morning, husband or I took advantage of fitness room. Next time will upgrade to a 3 bedroom unit for added teens privacy. Thank you Liki Tiki for making our east coast visit positively memorable.

6 Thank JacknTai M
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2012

So yes it's an older resort and a little rough around the edges but it clean, well maintained and the staff are friendly. The kids will have a blast in the water park and there are quieter pools if u prefer. The room was clean and had everything we needed. For the price you can't beat it, excellent value. If you want four star, go pay four star prices.

• Stayed October 2011