We stay in one of the king "hotel" units in Feburary. We've stayed in time shares before but the 9000 building was the first time we encountered the two unit in one system.We shared an enterance way with the main unit that had a condo style set up..maybe one or two bedrooms.
Which wasn't a problem at all but it was impossible to close the enterance door without a loud bang (Im sorry if the people next to us were bothered by this..I really tried to be quiet even if you werent)
Anyway...the sows ear thing...the unit was builder grade...nothing special at all...the bathroom fan was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think.One towel bar that was to hold towels for the whole week.(4 bath 4hand 4face cloths)Cheap shower head the ones you have to move around just to get a good soaking.One very small vanity with no room on the counter.The plastic vertical blinds wouldnt darken the room and kept falling off the track,Im sure they would have come to fix them but we didnt call.The enterance to the room had an electicial box in full view..(tacky)..could have at least painted to blend in with the wall...dark green carpet that was worn with traffic..and those gawd awful mirrored closet doors that let you have a real good look at the beauty you are first thing in the morning, right beside the bed..And The oldest tv I have seen in a long time....
Now the Silk purse thing...The towels in the bathroom were thick and wonderful, they have Bath and Body Works toileties..always a plus! The king bed and duvet..well it was top of the line Loved it....Enjoyed the screened in balcony.
The pools and activity areas the very well kept.The grounds were beautiful and we enjoyed walking them every morning.The staff very friendly.Restaurant was abit expensive but we didnt use it.
Nicely located to everything but it was alittle hard to find...thank goodness for GPS.Meet a gentleman in the elevator that drove around for 2 hours looking for the place.He was alittle cranky....
Our unit had a bar fridge,mirco wave,dishes for two and a coffee maker..it was all we need.The little store in lobby had groceries and sundries.
Would we stay again...yes!!
So for what we paid it was great....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando's Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida's premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire. *Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. Ft. Clubhouse.9,000 Sq. Heated swimming pool. Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building. Satellite pool adjacent to main pool. Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks. Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children's pool, outdoor BBQ grills. Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children's play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court. *All Villas/Suites Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper. *Now Completed:316 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas 72 three bedroom villas Awards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca and Hotel.de so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee, Florida