We stayed on an rci exchange, tried to ask for an updated room and for a two bed second bedroom ( we are a family of 5). We were shot down, but it worked out just fine. We were with another family, placed in side by side 2 bedroom suites in 1800 building, facing parking lot. The suites were fine,being so close to the pool was awesome, we used the pool deck as extension of our room. Could even make drinks in room and stop at convenient ice machine by pool. Wish I hadn't wasted the energy on trying for a better room. Everything worked, beds were comfortable, kids took turns sleeping on pullout couch, not bad for one person.
Pools clean and beautiful, plenty of chairs, nice tennis court, movie theatre had limited selection, but if there was something you wanted to see, it was great, free and onsite, big screen.
We didn't end up hanging out as much as we planned, so much to do in Orlando. Had 2 resort days.
No timeshare pressure.
Teenagers did poolside crafts, enjoyed ice cream sundaes.
That back entrance to disney is phenomenal, we used it for universal and sea world too. No Disney parks this trip, kind of a shame since we were right there.
If you live in a million dollar home, the unrenovated rooms may not suit you, but otherwise you should be satisfied. Very clean, I am not picky but the other mom is, she brought her own vinegar to clean the coffee pot before using it, and she was very happy with the cleanliness of the unit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando's Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida's premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire. *Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. Ft. Clubhouse.9,000 Sq. Heated swimming pool. Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building. Satellite pool adjacent to main pool. Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks. Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children's pool, outdoor BBQ grills. Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children's play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court. *All Villas/Suites Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper. *Now Completed:316 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas 72 three bedroom villas Awards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee, Florida