“Nice place great location”
Review of Silver Lake Resort

Silver Lake Resort
Ranked #7 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Boston
“Nice place great location”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed on an rci exchange, tried to ask for an updated room and for a two bed second bedroom ( we are a family of 5). We were shot down, but it worked out just fine. We were with another family, placed in side by side 2 bedroom suites in 1800 building, facing parking lot. The suites were fine,being so close to the pool was awesome, we used the pool deck as extension of our room. Could even make drinks in room and stop at convenient ice machine by pool. Wish I hadn't wasted the energy on trying for a better room. Everything worked, beds were comfortable, kids took turns sleeping on pullout couch, not bad for one person.
Pools clean and beautiful, plenty of chairs, nice tennis court, movie theatre had limited selection, but if there was something you wanted to see, it was great, free and onsite, big screen.
We didn't end up hanging out as much as we planned, so much to do in Orlando. Had 2 resort days.
No timeshare pressure.
Teenagers did poolside crafts, enjoyed ice cream sundaes.
That back entrance to disney is phenomenal, we used it for universal and sea world too. No Disney parks this trip, kind of a shame since we were right there.
If you live in a million dollar home, the unrenovated rooms may not suit you, but otherwise you should be satisfied. Very clean, I am not picky but the other mom is, she brought her own vinegar to clean the coffee pot before using it, and she was very happy with the cleanliness of the unit.
Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Don't stress about which room you get
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Beth3536

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Farmer City, Illinois
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I just left today (4-20-2012) from a weeklong stay at Silver Lakes Resort. I was in the 900 building on the third floor. I honestly thought the resort was very nice. It was clean and very well kept. The location is excellent and makes getting to the Disney parks or Rt 192 very easy. The pools are all heated and were very nice. In fact while we were there they were building a new gazebo like structure made out of solid cedar. The rooms were very nice and well maintained. It was well stocked with everything you could need. The TV's were not of name brand and the picture quality was less than stellar, but we did not watch tv that much. The one in the bedroom was NOT a flat screen and a little old. With that said, it was very nice to have a full kitchen, and a washer and dryer. MY ONLY COMPLAINT, was that you DID NOT have wireless access without buying some sort of activity card that was 25.00 for the week. They masked it by offering some discounts on services, etc...but COME ON...give everyone wireless. Motel 6 has wireless. Honestly that was kinda cheesy I thought. If you want to sell an activity card, then do it, but give me wireless. To be fair, they did have two computers that you could use if they were not busy, but were limited by time and depending on who was waiting in line.. Front desk, and personnel were very friendly. Yes it is a Time share, but we told them we were not interested, and we were not hassled at ALL. They told me that the owner would not allow high pressure sales. Which I did appreciate.

Room Tip: The 800,900, and 1000 building are the newest. The 1700 and 1800 buildings are nearest the main poo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank bearmde
NH
Reviewed 16 April 2012

First of all, I want to mention that this is a review for a condo, not a resort, as I don't feel that this place should be considered a resort.

We stayed in a recently renovated room and it was quite large and nicely decorated. We had a 1 bedroom and it was plenty of room for my husband, myself, 19 year old daughter and 6 year old son. We stayed here for 1 reason . . . to go to Disney. We were in the room very little and did not use any of the amenities except for the pool on 2 afternoons.

The kitchen was stocked with plenty of items to cook with. We went to the grocery store the first day and stocked up on essentials. It was nice to have a full size fridge. We only cooked breakfast a few days so we did not use the oven or microwave, just the stove top to cook eggs. We did notice grills available to cooking, but did not use any. There is no real restaurant on site but did see people ordering pizza by the pool and having drinks. I would recommend eating at nearby places such a Sweet Tomatoes, Chevy's, Carrabba's, etc. I went online to each of those restaurants websites and was able to sign up for coupons which were a great money saver.

We also used the back gate to travel back and forth from Disney. Very convenient and easy to navigate. The closest park is Animal Kingdom.

There is a McDonalds that you pass on the way to Disney through the back gate that made for a quick breakfast but also allowed us to stock up on packets of salt, pepper, spenda, ketchup, jelly, etc. Saved us from having to buy this at the store.

Parking was the only issue we had. We were never able to park in front of our building. We usually had to park around the corner, which is not a huge deal, but at Midnight you wish you were able to park in front.

If you are looking for a resort, I don't feel this is the place to stay. If you are looking for a clean, spacious, condo then I would recommend it. I was the perfect place to fit our needs for this trip, which really was just a clean place to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room on the top floor. Super quiet!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank kunkel5250
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here a week at the end of March in room 523. There were 5 of us. Our room was a 1 bedroom with a King sized bed and there were two pull-out couches out in the living room areas. The couch beds were uncomfortable- that's why I gave Sleep Quality the lower ranking. The condo itself was clean and huge. Full kitchen with dishwasher, dining room, two living room areas and a two full bathrooms. We had a washer/dryer in the closet too. The back patio balcony was fully screened with a table and 4 chairs. The bathroom off the living room area was smaller - just enough room for a shower/tub, toilet and sink. The bathroom off the 1 bedroom was huge! Huge jacuzzi tub (which we didn't get a chance to try), a huge walk in shower, long vanity with two sinks, a closet, and a separate toilet room. We arrived at 3pm, but they would not check us in until 4pm. So we went grocery shopping while we waited - two grocery places close by! The main pool was huge but it was a little dirty on the bottom. We only had time to go twice during evening hours and it wasn't crowded then. They had movies and activities planned but we didn't try those as we were out and about most of the time. Animal Kingdom is a 5 minute drive away - go the back way to the parks! We only called down to housekeeping once to get more laundry detergent. They brought it to us within the 1/2 hour. They don't clean rooms daily, so hang up your towels for reuse. You also have to take out your own trash. They came in once during the week to replace all our towels and took the trash, but didn't do any other cleaning.

Some pros:
Huge condo
nice price
convenient to Disney parks
security
lots of pool space

Some cons:
couch beds are uncomfortable
you have to pay for wi-fi/internet access that is slow
the tv in the main bedroom was old and the cable would go in and out
not many places to eat close by. places seemed to have been closed down.
you can hear your neighbors (but it wasn't bad enough to bother us)

observation:
the girls behind the check-in desk I think were more interested in talking to each other than wanting to help you check in. I felt like I was "bothering" them for showing up! Also they didn't mention anything to me during check-in about the wi-fi/activity card - if I didn't know about it ahead of time from these reviews I would have had to make another trip to their counter!

Overall I would recommend this place!

Room Tip: building 500 overlooked the lake. there were noisy birds/ducks there at night. It is near the road...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank creekmom2
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is quite long review so I ask for your patience :)

Called the front desk to inform them we'll be checking in late, the person who answered the phone can't find our reservation and she seemed starting to get frustrated. My wife asked for the supervisor then she finally found our reservation. Upon arrival at 10pm, I spoke to Nina, everything was going well until she asked me to write the names of people who will be checked in so I wrote my name, my wife, and my 4 yr old daughters name..that's when it all went downwards.

Her response....we have a problem, I can't check you in. You reservation is only for 2 persons. I told her this was a timeshare gift from my dad. She responded well you can get an upgrade for 150 bucks good for 4 people with kitchen and that depends if there is a room available or else you have to call RCI. At this point I was already frustrated so I told her do I have a choice? And she never responded. She finally got us a room and I paid the additional 150.

When we got into the room 524C to my surprise there is only a full bed so I had my wife called Nina asking why there is only one bed. She explained the room is good for 4 people. The other 2 can sleep on the rollaway couch. My wife asked if there are other rooms available and Nina said all RCI rooms are the same. At this point we are both frustrated it's almost midnight so I told her we'll just deal with it. How can you have a room for 4 people when there's only one bed good for 2 persons?

I had to sleep in a rollaway couch for 6 nights. Springs are so uncomfortable. My back hurts until now. The room itself has an adjoining door to another room and we can hear the kids in the other room. We can also hear the footsteps above our room. We saw 2 cockroaches on the outdoor stairs to the parking lot (left in the morning and when we got back in the evening it's still there)

The rooms are very clean, pool is heated. Well maintained grass. It's secured and the security people always smiles everty time we get back from the parks.

This could have been a very good resort except the front desk lack basic customer service. Nina I'm sorry if I gave your name but a simple "SORRY" would have been nice. Even if it's our fault for not confirming our rooms it would be nice to hear "sorry if there has been confusion" words like that makes customers feel at ease. You want to leave a lasting impression to customers and our experience talking to you wasn't pleasing at all. My comments hopefully can be taken with a grain of salt.

By the way my dad called RCI and complained about our experience in Silverlake..when he reserved it he mentioned we have a kid so RCI will give us a 150 credit on our next vacation. This is my honest review of the resort and I hope yours will be a good one thanks!

• Stayed March 2012
12 Thank jghenmar
Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed here instead of a Disney Resort or hotel, because of cost and space. These are just timeshares that they rent out like condos. No obligation. You can get all of your attraction tickets right there, it is a closed gate community, super close to Disney Animal Kingdon and our unit was super clean. The pools are huge, and there are kid activities all day. Because our unit had a kitchen we were able to save quite a bit of money on food. We will stay here each time we go to the orlando area. No complaints from me on this one!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank bmtnb1
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We have stayed here several time it is so enjoyable and relaxing. You can walk to and from your room to the pool unlike some other resorts.The pool area is nice, big and open and not crowded, The pool is heated which is a bonus. Parking is not a problem either.

Only thing is that they dont have WiFi in the rooms. They have a business room which is free.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Dawn27reed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
1.2 km away
6.1 km away
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#25 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Silver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!