1,800 results
All reviews animal kingdom golf simulator full kitchen main pool cabana bar disney parks movie theater washer and dryer through rci no pressure living room one bedroom unit smaller pool timeshare presentation time share jacuzzi tub activities center
Reviewed December 1, 2017

We stayed at this resort with friends that were RCI members. We were in bldg. 900 which had been refurbished with new furniture, granite counter tops and comfy mattresses. We were pleasantly surprised to find a king bed in the 2nd bedroom instead of the usual 2 twin beds. The unit was well stocked with all the kitchen utensils that you would need. There are many restaurants in the area as well as a grocery store all very nearby. Their small store in the lobby was well stocked with all the essentials to cook or grab a pizza or ice cream. We were impressed with what they carried in the onsite store. We were only there for 3 nights and so didn't use the pool or other amenities. This location is extremely close to the Animal Lodge and to
the other Disney parks. We got sucked into listening to them trying to sell us to join a vacation club where you have access to cruises, hotel rooms etc. None of us were interested but we did receive money, a restaurant gift card and each couple received a certificate to book a week at a RCI resort within the next two years--you pay the exchange rate. This resort is very quiet and we hardly saw anyone else in our building even though I know there were lots of folks around. I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a newer unit
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 96traveler
Reviewed November 28, 2017

I've been an owner at Silver Lakes for over years and just couldn't wait to stay at the property. I've visited the property and enjoyed the pool and cabana bar on each trip I've made to Florida. There was never any availability for my dates so I was super excited when it worked out this year. Considering the amount of money I pay each year I was expecting so much more. Honestly I was kind of embarrassed because we brought along our parents for this years trip. Upon checking in, I was underwhelmed by the front desk staff. They weren't overly friendly or excited about welcoming us to the property. There was no recognition of our status as an owner. What made the check in even more insulting was that our guest service agent gave us no information, she just sent us over to customer service to be asked about upgrading. Meanwhile the other couple checking in were getting detailed info including the location of their unit. We were placed into unit 8306. We were glad to be on the top floor, but we were facing the parking lot. This turned out to be the worst location so close to the entrance/exit gate. All night our rooms filled with bright lights from the parking area. IN the early morning we were awaken by the noise of loud golf carts and staff yelling across the parking lot to each other. This is not how you want to spend a week long vacation. You want to sleep peacefully and sleep in. This unit also disappointed by way of the appliances. The stove, washer and dryer were all outdated. I have a habit of running Jacuzzi tubs before I get in them. I ran the one in out unit and after draining the water there was dirt and debris on the bottom of the tub. Needless to say I never used it after that. The final disappointment and somehow the biggest was centered around a listed activity for the resort. We delayed going out to enjoy the sights of Florida to attend Wine Glass Painting. We arrived at the game room and let the attendants know why we were there. They had no supplies out or ready for anyone to participate in the activity. After waiting 10 minutes they come back to say they can't find the supplies needed for the activity. It wasn't that big of a deal to me, but my parents were truly disappointed. My stay at Silver Lakes really makes me question my ownership of this property. There was nothing exciting or different about this resort over any other. I've stayed at two other local resorts and i'd much rather return to those properties.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JMW9614
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

I will admit to being nervous to try a Fl time share since there are so many but this one makes the grade. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, my parents and grand ma were in a 2 bedroom lock off and my in laws were in a 1 bedroom. They were all different set ups and they were all huge! Each one met our needs perfectly. We were in Fl for a Disney World trip so we didn't take advantage of all the amenities but we did spend some time in the pools, baby pool, pool restaurant/bar, and game room all of which were very clean and enjoyable. The location of this resort is perfect if DW is your goal. Just a few minutes to the parks and the roads are so clearly marked you don't even need gps. The toiletries, coffee and laundry detergent provided were good quality and name brand. We took advantage of the complementary room turn over service half way through the week and were presently surprised to see that all our used products were replaced with new, everything down to a fresh roll of paper towels to new shampoo and coffee. We did make a trip to the grocery store for some supplies making the kitchen useful. (Wine opener and glasses are included in the very nicely stocked kitchen if you've had a long day at the park). As a mom of 4 being able to enjoy the amenities of home including jacuzzi tub, laundry machines and dish washer while at Disney World made my life much easier! We've stayed in the park before but liked this much more. The only complaint any of us had was that the bedding is of low quality. If you are sensitive to rough sheets bring a set from home. All in all this is a great option for anyone looking for a home away from home while visiting the Mouse Trap.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2017

We spent a week with our kids and grandkids at this beautiful resort! The Condos were recently updated and fully equipped with everything you need. Washer and Dryer in the Condo. Master Bedroom with King sized bed and private bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. Second bedroom and second bathroom. Nice Common Area with a sleeper sofa and chairs and tv shares space with the kithchen. A screened porch with access from the main common area and the master bedroom. Two beautiful swimming pools with an outdoor bar with food service and a hot tub. A game room and a fitness room. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The staff was sonderful!! Within miles of all The Disney World Attractions!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed November 21, 2017

It is hard to believe, but RCI lists Silver Lake as a Gold Crown resort. To me, Tin Crown is a better description. The rooms are nice and the heated pools decent, and best of all is that the location is very close to all of the Disney World attractions.

The staff was very apathetic. The woman at check in could not crack a smile, let alone make much eye contact. I have seen warmer welcomes from fast food drive through windows. The guys working at the little snack bar in the lobby cannot be bothered to look up from their mobile phones to charge you $5 for a protein shake. The only person who was welcoming was Elliot at Guest Services. Good luck at getting an extra small bottle of shampoo as well. This could be a great resort if only the management tried training and leading their people.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family