“Resort Vacation”
Review of Silver Lake Resort

Silver Lake Resort
Ranked #7 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 9 December 2017

My wife and I spent a week at the resort during last week in November. The weather was great and we were able to use the pools and hottub. They were heated which made it even better. We stay in a unit with elevators. The unit had a full kitchen and separate bedroom. Bathroom had a jetted tub. The accomadations were very nice. They had a full workout facility an onsite movie theater. Centrally located to Disney resort. Can see Disney fireworks from some of the units.

Room Tip: Buildings 1700 and 1800 best location for resort activities.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,442)

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Probably the only couple that came here not intending on a visit to Disney or any of the parks!

Had a second floor two bed apartment and it was really wonderful and massive. Fully appointed kitchen etc. We came the week after a hurricane and everything was open but it was a rainy season but it didn't affect our holiday. Plenty to do for the non Disney crowd.

Car essential to get about, Plenty of stores and restaurants about if you don't want to eat in.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor apartment!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We stayed at this Rsort in October 2016, and loved it. We stayed again for two weeks in November 2017, and again loved our stay.

We had a week after this resort at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek, We so wish we hadn't.

The pools are warm and very spacious, never over crowded. The Resort is very close to Disney by car 5 Minutes To Animal Kingdom, and around 10 to other Disney Parks.

If you don't do the over priced Disney Parks, the Silver Lakes is Just Perfect.

The Resort is Clean Friendly and the suites are large and pretty good for sound proofing. The Beds in the refurbed Buildings are so comfy.

If you are fortunate to be checked in by Hannah, You will be treated with a smile and a very welcoming Frindly young lady.

We would give this resort 10 out of 10 and the Wyndham Bonnet Creek 3 out of 10.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms block 800
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Awesome really nice place Jacuzzi in a 2 bedroom apartment clean nice pool the place is really close to the parks m a Publix really close it was just perfect will stay there again the staff was nice check out was easy

Review collected in partnership with Heroes Vacation Club
1  Thank lachelcha99
Reviewed 1 December 2017

We stayed at this resort with friends that were RCI members. We were in bldg. 900 which had been refurbished with new furniture, granite counter tops and comfy mattresses. We were pleasantly surprised to find a king bed in the 2nd bedroom instead of the usual 2 twin beds. The unit was well stocked with all the kitchen utensils that you would need. There are many restaurants in the area as well as a grocery store all very nearby. Their small store in the lobby was well stocked with all the essentials to cook or grab a pizza or ice cream. We were impressed with what they carried in the onsite store. We were only there for 3 nights and so didn't use the pool or other amenities. This location is extremely close to the Animal Lodge and to
the other Disney parks. We got sucked into listening to them trying to sell us to join a vacation club where you have access to cruises, hotel rooms etc. None of us were interested but we did receive money, a restaurant gift card and each couple received a certificate to book a week at a RCI resort within the next two years--you pay the exchange rate. This resort is very quiet and we hardly saw anyone else in our building even though I know there were lots of folks around. I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a newer unit
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 96traveler
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I've been an owner at Silver Lakes for over years and just couldn't wait to stay at the property. I've visited the property and enjoyed the pool and cabana bar on each trip I've made to Florida. There was never any availability for my dates so I was super excited when it worked out this year. Considering the amount of money I pay each year I was expecting so much more. Honestly I was kind of embarrassed because we brought along our parents for this years trip. Upon checking in, I was underwhelmed by the front desk staff. They weren't overly friendly or excited about welcoming us to the property. There was no recognition of our status as an owner. What made the check in even more insulting was that our guest service agent gave us no information, she just sent us over to customer service to be asked about upgrading. Meanwhile the other couple checking in were getting detailed info including the location of their unit. We were placed into unit 8306. We were glad to be on the top floor, but we were facing the parking lot. This turned out to be the worst location so close to the entrance/exit gate. All night our rooms filled with bright lights from the parking area. IN the early morning we were awaken by the noise of loud golf carts and staff yelling across the parking lot to each other. This is not how you want to spend a week long vacation. You want to sleep peacefully and sleep in. This unit also disappointed by way of the appliances. The stove, washer and dryer were all outdated. I have a habit of running Jacuzzi tubs before I get in them. I ran the one in out unit and after draining the water there was dirt and debris on the bottom of the tub. Needless to say I never used it after that. The final disappointment and somehow the biggest was centered around a listed activity for the resort. We delayed going out to enjoy the sights of Florida to attend Wine Glass Painting. We arrived at the game room and let the attendants know why we were there. They had no supplies out or ready for anyone to participate in the activity. After waiting 10 minutes they come back to say they can't find the supplies needed for the activity. It wasn't that big of a deal to me, but my parents were truly disappointed. My stay at Silver Lakes really makes me question my ownership of this property. There was nothing exciting or different about this resort over any other. I've stayed at two other local resorts and i'd much rather return to those properties.

1  Thank JMW9614
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I will admit to being nervous to try a Fl time share since there are so many but this one makes the grade. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, my parents and grand ma were in a 2 bedroom lock off and my in laws were in a 1 bedroom. They were all different set ups and they were all huge! Each one met our needs perfectly. We were in Fl for a Disney World trip so we didn't take advantage of all the amenities but we did spend some time in the pools, baby pool, pool restaurant/bar, and game room all of which were very clean and enjoyable. The location of this resort is perfect if DW is your goal. Just a few minutes to the parks and the roads are so clearly marked you don't even need gps. The toiletries, coffee and laundry detergent provided were good quality and name brand. We took advantage of the complementary room turn over service half way through the week and were presently surprised to see that all our used products were replaced with new, everything down to a fresh roll of paper towels to new shampoo and coffee. We did make a trip to the grocery store for some supplies making the kitchen useful. (Wine opener and glasses are included in the very nicely stocked kitchen if you've had a long day at the park). As a mom of 4 being able to enjoy the amenities of home including jacuzzi tub, laundry machines and dish washer while at Disney World made my life much easier! We've stayed in the park before but liked this much more. The only complaint any of us had was that the bedding is of low quality. If you are sensitive to rough sheets bring a set from home. All in all this is a great option for anyone looking for a home away from home while visiting the Mouse Trap.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family