My family and I had a great stay at Silver Lake! We rented 2 two bedroom units for the 8 of us. Our units were in the 1700 building which was very nice. Not as luxurious as some resorts in the area, but still wonderful. I'm not fancy ☺ Everything seemed very clean and modern.
There was plenty of space for everyone. Beds were very comfortable and decor was good. It was great to have a full kitchen, and the kitchen was well equipped. The whirlpool tubs in the master bedrooms were super great, especially after long park days. My only (small) complaint about the room is that the dryer took a long time to dry clothes, but it IS a small dryer and it wasn't a big deal.
The grounds were pretty. The we used the main pool, the kiddie pool, and the hot tub. All were good. The pools are heated, and the kiddie pool was even a bit warmer than the main pool, which was great in January.
The (free) movie theater has 2 showings a day. The game room was alright. Ping pong is free, all other games take tokens. More tokens per game than I would have liked, but not outrageous. My kids had a great time there on a chilly non-park day. There are also resort activities by the pool and in the game room. Some are free, some are paid. Activities schedules were given to us at check in and were posted in the activities center.
There is a small store at the resort which is great for picking up what you need, but it is overpriced (which I expected). They have food, health and beauty stuff, souvenirs...its pretty well stocked. It's also easy to Uber to a nearby walmart or Publix if you have time and don't want to pay resort prices.
The resort is very close to Disney. Animal Kingdom is maybe 5 minutes away and Magic Kingdom about 15. We were able to Uber to all of the parks for $6-14 each way. Uber pickup and drop off at the resort was no problem at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando's Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida's premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire. *Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. Ft. Clubhouse.9,000 Sq. Heated swimming pool. Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building. Satellite pool adjacent to main pool. Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks. Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children's pool, outdoor BBQ grills. Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children's play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court. *All Villas/Suites Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper. *Now Completed:316 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas 72 three bedroom villas Awards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee, Florida