Maingate Lakeside Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)
2,648 results
All reviewspizza hutbreakfast buffetdisney parksmini golfred lobsterkids eat freegolden corralbusch gardenscoffee machineanimal kingdomshuttle bustwo double bedsfresh towelsminute drivewalgreenspoolsorlando
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Over all it was a good experience...the only fault was the toliet and the slow hot water...if it wasn't used in a few hours I had to flush it 4 times to get it working, then it would be fine, there was hot water but it was very slow to warm up, once it did it was fine, other than these 2 problems my stay was fine. The beds were comfy, and the room was clean, the location of the hotel was good. For the money it was well worth the stay and I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Let me start by saying that I just checked in tonight. Contrary to the last post, there is free WiFi as I am using it now sitting in my room in building 8. The hotel/resort is well above my expectations based on the reviews I have found here. We almost changed at the last minute, but glad we didn't for the price. With a 10% off coupon the room was $29 a night through hotels.com. The resort fee doesn't bother me at this price and seeing as how we will be using the facilities. The room is basic but large. I have paid way more for a similar room with less square footage. It is a little dated but certainly not antique. Fidge works well and is clean (hard to find clean firdges in budget rooms). There is a new faux marble tub surround. Everything is very clean. We are first floor on the end facing the parking lot. There has been some noise but nothing major. The pool areas were very nice. The pool directly behind out building was not heated as advertised. Although I hve read people complaining about the long walk to the heated pool, everything is very close and it was litterally walking across the street to get to the heated pool which was warm and very large. It looked great at night and there were people sitting at tables outside enjoying the night. The guy who checked us in at the front desk around 8:30pm Sunday 2/19 went above and beyond explaining everything and was extremely friendly and helpful. We went back for more towels after using the pool and the guy was excellent. They delivered four extra towels to our room at 11:30pm. Great service! It is dark but the grounds look pretty nice for what you pay. Restaurants, bar area, and all the things around the front desk look great. I am so excited for this week and relieved at how good the hotel is so far. Well worth the money. No issues with hot water but it is late although we did take 3 different baths. I will update this tomorrow after a daytime at the pool and using the mini-golf course since we aren't hitting the parks tomorrow. Great location for Disney and everything imaginable within walking/short driving distance. The Chinese buffet across the lake looks a little shady in and out, the food doesn't look the best but they had some really good flavor and was open until 11pm on a Sunday.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank moten33
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Note: For all those who complain of the water in the shower not being hot, here's what I found. I spent the first 10 minutes of my shower thinking the same thing. However, I finally figured out that the shower knob actually turns counter-clockwise to warm up, as opposed to clockwise. I have NO idea why but got so frustrated and angry that I started fiddling around to see if I could get it any warmer. However if you turn it too far to the right, it goes cold again. There IS hot water but the knob makes NO sense so you really have to just play with it. It goes from lukewarm, to warm, to hot, to cold.

We stayed at the hotel because we won the bid on Travelocity's top secret hotels... They have it listed as a 3 star with a 4 star user rating. However, I would have ranked it as a 2, maybe 3 star. It's clean enough but the facility is old and its age shows. Our TV remote didn't work and when we requested a downstairs unit with 1 king bed as opposed to 2 smaller beds, they were unable to accommodate us. We only stayed for 1 night so we didn't require much. There are no elevators in the 2-story complexes so keep that in mind if you don't want to lug your luggage up stairs. I wouldn't call this a Resort as much as a Motel. All the doors open to the outside and if you have noisy neighbors, you will definitely hear them (whether in or outside their rooms). With the mandatory $7.50 "resort fee" that they tack on to all reservations, it brings the price up to a rate that I would have rather spent elsewhere for someplace nicer and newer. There are plenty of better options in Florida. There is no free internet. There is no free breakfast.

Room Tip: Pick a downstairs unit to avoid lugging your luggage up dirty outside stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Kissimmee2012, Director of Sales at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to wirte. We appriceiate the feedback. I am providing the information to our engineering department to review as well, about the water challenge.
You are correct, there is a resort fee, but that does include Internet access as well.
We do have plans to renovate this year, proceeding building by building as not to disturb our guests. Thank you for the review, we value your time! I do apologize your experience was not one you truly enjoyed, and will send the review along to our Director of rooms to address the issue with cleanliness of the stairwell.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

good low cost accomodations......coffee in room ......no complaints............

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rickcardo

Thank you for your comments. As always, I appreciate you taking the time to update us on your stay. We hope to see you again here in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We bought $99 Groupon coupon for two night stay in the pool view room including $30 food credit. We saw similar promotion for $39.99 per night from roomsaver.com (it is a hotel coupon book that you can find at the diners or restaurants -- see photo). It means you do not need to use Groupon to get deals. The room interior is decent but we like it. Mattress is little hard. Prepaid breakfast coupon is $8 which is not bad. If not prepaid, breakfast is $9.50. To take advantage of the food credit, buy breakfast coupons or food in the premises and charge them to the hotel room – do not pay cash. When you check out, you will get $30 discount of the total food purchase. It rained so we did not try the pool. Free shuttle to Animal Kingdom is at 9.25 AM and returns at 5.20 PM. Overall experience is good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends