Maingate Lakeside Resort
US$221
US$199
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$75
ClarionHotels
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$107
  • Restaurant
US$179
US$159
HolidayInn.com
US$66
  • Pool
Polynesian Isles Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$134
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$107
Agoda.com
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$93
Hotels.com
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
US$49
US$350
US$208
Cancelon
2,665 results
All reviewspizza hutbreakfast buffetdisney parksmini golfred lobsterkids eat freegolden corralbusch gardenscoffee machineanimal kingdomshuttle bustwo double bedsfresh towelsminute drivewalgreenspoolsorlando
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was looking for a nice time with my family on March 22nd, 2012.

How embarrassed I was to find that the customer service did not find or acknowledge the travelocity booking. I had to complained to the manager on this and she finally found it. I asked the cleck if I could stay for another day and he said that would be a problem. They wanted me to call the reservation at travelocity to reserve the same rate or they were going to hit me with a full rate charge if did not. Again, I had to get the manager to help. When I went to the room the TV and phone were not working. My wife found PUBIC HAIR in the bathroom. I ran back to the manager and demanded another room.

I got another room much cleaner this time. The next day after returning from the Disney Parks at 11:00 pm. I took a look inside and the housekeeping staff did the beds and here is the kicker they completely forgot to put any towels and toilet paper. I was furious and I call the front desk and spoke to the same manager. She gave me two rolls of toilet paper and told me somebody will bring me some towels. It took them 45 minutes and it was the security guard with an annoyed attitude who brought me the towels.

NOT event once did the manager of Maingate Lakeside Resort apologized to me.

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that the breakfast buffet was very good and the pools were good. Other than that stay away from the front desk and the rooms.

This hotel has a great location and a beautiful lake. This place needs new owners and new management that cares for the customer and the look of the rooms.

Room Tip: Please, read the reviews here and look at the pictures before you book. Some of the reviews are spot on. The pictures are accurate. I made a mistake and decided to take a risk and I lost. I was hoping that the hotel would have taken notice and improved the cleanliness of the room and the customer service. Boy, did I made a bad mistake. My family will not let me forget about it. :(
1  Thank Javier C
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have just returned from maingate lakeside and we were dreading the holiday before we went because of all the dreadful reveiws on this site but fear not we had a fab room 250 there were no bugs the air con worked the cleaners cleaned every day and we spent 16 nights here they changed the bedding and towels every day the staff were friendly, attentive and helpful yes it is a little run down and could do with a lick of paint and an update but the rooms are clean and the beds are comfy and lets face it your not paying for a 4/5 star hotel you are paying for a 3 star hotel and thats just what you get
we had a fab holiday and cant wait to return hulk roller coaster at universal was awsome also paid to go on safari to hand feed the giraffes at bush gardens a must for all animal lovers fab expierience and only cost $33 each money well .
please please please please dont worry like i did about this hotel it is fine. Adef try bubba gumps shrimp house at city walk fab resturant and only cost $85 for 4 of us to eat 2 courses and drinks in soviner cups

Room Tip: we had room 250
6  Thank hotelcandanrocks
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a complex of several buildings. We only stayed overnight and they put us in the building farthest away from the pools, lobby, and resturaunts. They passed on a $7.50 "resort fee" that increases the advertised price so beware of that if considering booking. Rooms are older and show wear and tear. I will pick a different establishment in the area next time.

Room Tip: Try to get one poolside if possible.
1  Thank Ridgerunning
Kissimmee2012, Director of Sales at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Good morning and thank you for writing. We are an older establishement, and plans are still in the works for a renovation. There is a resort fee that applies to reservations, but we do not try to hide this information from our guests. We confirm the additional fees during every booking, offering a total commitment that includes taxes and resort fee. Our resort fee includes local phone calls (very popular with International travelers) as well as internet access.
Again, thatnk you for writing.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Day 1: Walked into the room, no A/C, room smelt like urine and mildew. Instead of fixing the A/C they ran into the room carrying an A/C from next door and swaped the broken one to the other room. The bathroom had urine stains on the toilet, was extremely small and dirty, and the toilet broke by the end of the day. Beds felt and looked like they should be in dorms or a homeless shelter. The sheets were visibly dirty as well as everything else in the hotel/ homeless shelter. There was no help from the front desk for anything.
Day 2: Woke up by the maids yelling in the halls at 8AM. Didn't want to use the showeror anything there so we made the great escape back to the real world and out of Baghdad AKA Maingate Resort.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamal A
Kissimmee2012, Director of Sales at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Good morning, and thank you for writing. I am copying this email to our Engineering department for review, and follow up to address the issue you are speaking of. Thank you again for reaching out.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Was going for a wedding and for Disney parks. I was very concerned after reading reviews. I am picky with cleanliness when I take my kids along. Our room was clean, bathroom clean. We checked mattresses for bed bugs and found none, thank god! I took my own sheets, pillows and towels just in case. The location is great, was very pleased with that. Heavy traffic most days but it was spring break but did hit heavy traffic since main road after exiting hotel. The a/c was not too cool. Would come back to room and sometimes was warm since it would turn off I guess after a while. Did have a musky smell but we bought air freshner, that solved the problem. Front desk very helpful at check in and check out. Good hotel if you're going to be out and about and use it just to sleep and bathe. Oh and since its pet friendly be careful stepping on dog poop especially at night when you cant see and don't expect to step on it. Guests or management should really take care of that since I'm sure there's specific areas where pets can go for that.

• Stayed: March 2012