“Lack of basic supplies in the room” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maingate Lakeside Resort

Maingate Lakeside Resort
Ranked #90 of 157 Hotels in Kissimmee
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Lack of basic supplies in the room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed 4 nights form March 31, we were constantly pleading for basic supplies like toilet papers, towels, cups. Beds were not made. Nothing was supplied in the room until you beg for it. It has an apearance of cheap motel.

Room Tip: No Comments
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mahmood R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Finnish first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised. I got a very low rate on this property, and it was not bad at all. We had a room near the lake for a 1 night stay. It was clean and the bed was comfy!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank QueenBreeze
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting family at one of the Disney resorts. This was perfect for what we wanted it for. A clean room, quiet, AC that works and a great location. The pool was and Cafe were both nice, and we found the staff friendly. There is a pharmacy and many restaurants in walking distance.
Yes, the hotel is in need of an update, and some of the outside areas could use a good scrubbing. I agree with the other reviewers that the towels were not sufficient (fortunately I had read the reviews ahead of time so I brought some with us). You can always go buy them for a few bucks- they do have laundry facilities
All in all, we would stay here again, you can't beat it for the money- and quite frankly, if you are planning a trip to Orlando, who wants to spend their day IN the hotel room!

Room Tip: We stayed in building 15- not a great view, but the rooms were clean. We were in rm 579.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank J A
Villa Rica, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

After reading reviews and lots of hotel being sold out for Spring break. I decided to stay here with my family for our Disney vacation 3 nights. When arriving the lobby looked pretty decent so I said okay this is not bad. Checking in wasn't bad just a 5 min line. Got our room number and key. When walking up the stairs that's when I noticed that it wasn't great hallways had trash (pizza boxes empty cans ect. Open our room and it STUCK like OLD room.

Carpet,walls and ceiling had stains. The bathroom had not been cleaned it had hair and SCUM yes SCUM. Went to the Walgreens next door and bought my own cleaning supplies and clean it up.

The only GOOD was the location and that the Hotel offered a decent breakfast which you had to PAY.

I would never stay at this place...

Room Tip: If you are staying for more then ONE night DO NOT STAY.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Elidee143

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Miami, FL, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We booked this hotel for an awesome price on Travelocity secret rates for 23.08 plus taxes and 7.50 daily resort fee. Upon entering the hotel lobby there was a line but within five minutes we were checked in by Kathy who was great. We got a king room which was just as pictured with the exception of no minnie/mickey mouse on the bed. The room was clean and smelled good the only downfall is that for some reason they do not put fitted sheets on the mattress they put a flat sheet and tuck it under the mattress. The bed was ok, there is a mini-fridge, sofa and old tv (not flat screen). Overall if you are NOT PICKY and just looking for a place to shower and sleep this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank otrebor
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Let me start off by saying that I stayed here about 4 years back when this was a Best Western and had a disappointing experience. After I got the room off Hotwire and read all the bad reviews on here I must say I was a little scared to see what I would find. But from the time I got there until the time I checked out I have nothing but good things to say about this place. The check in clerk was very nice and professional, very nice manners! I stayed in building #2, room 188. I found the room to be very clean, the beds were nice and the bathroom was spotless! I had a poolside room and it looked nice and the grounds were well kept.

To summarize I normally stay in Disney resorts but had to get something quick and cheap for a funeral. A Disney resort would be my first choice, however if you don't have that in your budget and stay off property I don't see how you get a better bang for your buck than this place. Don't let all the negative reviews scare you away, give this place a try. And BTW, this place even has a Pizza Hut Express in addition they make hamburgers and have a little snack place....I didn't even know it was here until after I walked to Walgreens! All the food was made to order!

Room Tip: Building 2 is in a prime location!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank banjo60
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012 via mobile

We arrived to one person trying to check in 6 with the manager walking by to do nothing. Then got to room and had no towels ( 2 days in a row we have had to call for them)

Grounds are ok amenities are ok nothing great but nothing bad. The people seem to help when asked.

The room. It isn't bad seems clean not problems there but things like tub broke, door to bathroom broke, safe locked just don't think I would stay here again even for the decent price.

Stayed April 2011