2,746 results
All reviews pizza hut breakfast buffet disney parks mini golf red lobster kids eat free golden corral busch gardens coffee machine two double beds fresh towels free shuttle walgreens pools orlando theme hurricane
Reviewed September 14, 2015

1st time at this hotel solely because of the excellent service I received over the phone the times I called in by an employee named, Stephanie H. She works some days on the front desk & other days in the back handling reservations. What a consummate professional all the way around! Stephanie H. did all she could to make my stay nice. Other desk staff appeared to be jealous of her excellence & made inappropriate comments I overheard some of the times I was inside the main hotel lobby. You would think they would watch & learn instead of making jealous comments as they should be celebrating excellence that reflects only positive on the entire hotel & staff! This was noted to a manager, so I trust it will be addressed & cease ever occurring again by getting rid of them. I observed several other guests also asking personally for Stephanie H. from all over the World - thanking her over & over for how well she took care of them. Bravo Stephanie! "Noel" a maintenance man has worked there for 14 years he told me and he too was prompt fixing a phone & safe issue & was very gracious in saying to call him if he could possibly help in any way while I stayed there. Other staff like "Joe" were also terrific. It's nice when staff love their jobs because the results are positives for all who come in contact with them & it serves to reflect nicely for the hotel. Sarah in the restaurant was also lovely & professional.

The rooms are simply older basic & I never got to use any of the 3 outdoor pools during my 4 days & 4 nights, due to bad weather & my away conference long schedule. But again the staff makes ALL the difference, so the naysayers, jealous cranky ones & negatives need to be let go, promote Stephanie H., Noel if he can get promoted any higher & give them some good raises - because THEY are the reason I will return again!

Room Tip: If you are alone or seek quiet, stay in the back & asked where families are NOT being placed.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Muncha_Ocala
Reviewed September 14, 2015

First I will start by saying I have never left a Trip Advisor review before -- I spent 10+ years in the hospitality industry and always feel my standard is probably a little higher than most. Yet I picked this resort because it was decently priced and allowed dogs.

I checked in at 4PM on a Saturday. Check-in time is listed as 3PM, yet there was only 1 agent at the desk checking guests in, while there were 2 at Guest Services doing nothing. Eventually another agent came out but as soon as she did the first agent left, again leaving only 1 agent. There were 2 people in front of me and 3 behind me - standing in a humid lobby.
I finally get up to the front desk and the agent was checking me in. At that point, a gentleman who fixes the washer/dryers and the game room came up. I assume she was still checking-in but her ENTIRE conversation was with the man standing behind me, who eventually was standing right beside me. Why couldn't he wait until the guests were taken care of and why was she allowing him to ruin my check-in process, make it take longer and give me a terrible first impression. Between waiting in line and getting my keys it was an over 30-min process. Personally I feel that is ridiculous. Guests should ALWAYS come first and you should be talking with them, not a 3rd-party vendor.
I had asked to be put in a room that was somewhat close to everything, as I am a female traveling alone. Without any explanation, my room was as far to the back of the property as humanly possible. I assume these are the designated pet rooms but I received no information of that during my check-in.

The room was decently clean -- although it smelt of wet dog -- and there were bottle caps on the floor from the previous guest. Something that a vacuum wouldn't pick up but is large enough you can't miss it!

Having worked in hotels for some many years, I clean the room a little bit and remake the beds myself. Just out of habit and to make myself feel more comfortable. I called the operator twice during my stay to request items, each time taking close to an hour.

On my final morning, I didn't have the DND on my door as I had gotten a late check-out of 1PM. 845 in the morning (while I was still sleeping) Housekeeping comes knocking on the door... they knocked again about an hour later.
So what is the point of getting a late check-out to not be disturbed if they are going to come wake you up over an hour before you wanted to be up....

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Micah W
Reviewed September 14, 2015

Stayed here for a couple of weeks and hade an OK experience. Nothing major to complain about besides a little bit to loudly from the outside corridors. And the hotel really needs renovation the facility seems to have been in a better shape back in the days. It's very close to disneyland just a few miles / minutes away. Good and free spacy parking! But the past part of the hotel was the bartenders Louis and Carlos! Those guys did an awsome job making us feel welcomed! Will stay here again if I get the opportunity!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnonSwed
Reviewed September 13, 2015 via mobile

Where to begin?! The room was dirty as if it was never cleaned, garbage on the floor in bathroom and nail clippings under table. Disgusting!! Sheets looked like they weren't changed, just made the bed. The ceiling and walls were covered w mold in the bathroom area! We were told we can switch rooms. So we did thinking maybe we just got a bad room to begin with. The other room was just as bad! Smelled so musty, had a mold problem also and found a dead bug in the bed! We checked out and were told we had to deal with "Groupon" to get our refund. Would never stay in a motel that dirty especially w our 3 yr old. I would definitely not call them a "Resort"!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank sjb91011
Maingate L, Guest Relations Manager at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2015

Dear sjb91011: We would like to express our sincere apologies for any troubles you may have encountered during your stay with us. We assure we strive to meet and exceed guest expectations and we most certainly apologize if we did not meet yours. We will look into your concerns and review with our management team. Thank you for your valued feedback and we hope you may change your mind and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2015

This is a decent hotel for the budget traveller, and families. I visited right after the labor day ended and there was absolutely no crowd. A few european families ( especially british) wit kids ( well behaved) . The pool starts from shallow and deep end has about 7 1/2 feet. There is a kiddy spalsh pool also. No life guards. I had a king bedroom, the bed was moderately firm and comfortable. Did now feel my low back pain that usually happens with i sleep on soft bed. If you are looking for just a nights sleep and pool , then this place just serves that.

It has a pool side bad that only accepts cash / card. No hotel room credit.

A few MAJOR DRAWBACKS

1) The TV channel line up needs to change. All the channels SUCK !
2) Exteriors look very shabby and weather beaten. Fresh coat of paint , and some improvements to increase curb appeal must be done
3) The BALCONY is HORRIBLE ... Ugly concrete with Ugly stains from the runoff from A/C ( See pictures).. Couldn't they have run a drain pipe under the concrete and let it drip out neatly.. instead of running off the floor and creating stains and also slip hazard.
4) Lobby paint ( ugly ) and decor / lighting needs change.
5) They try to guide you to another table across checking for timeshare sales. Wyndham.. Get the freebies if you like and then RUN > ( buyer beware)

Room Tip: Don't get rooms facing west, when you get back your room will be considerably warmer
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo