“Great and Affordable”

Maingate Lakeside Resort
Ranked #105 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 7 March 2016

This is a great, clean, and affordable place to stay near the Disney complex. The rooms have two full beds and they are always clean and decently spacious. The pool is small but very well maintained.

The hotel is located very close to the parks - very close. It's also on a main drag with lots of restaurants, shops, and even a mini golf place.

There is a $10 resort fee added to their advertised fee. I was aware of this in advance so it was no big deal. Even with the fee it's a great value.

Make sure you have a parking pass for all cars planning on staying overnight in the parking lot.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, especially on the weekend, get a room away from the pools.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,625)

Reviewed 6 March 2016

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

We booked a last minute holiday to Florida through a travel agent in the UK. Having looked at the reviews I was very worried! I needn't have been. This is a very clean hotel with everything you need. Granted, it's very basic and very dated but we hardly spent any time in the room.
The room had 2 double beds, large flat screen tv, bathroom, safe , coffee machine and fridge. The only negative was no wardrobe, only a hanging rail with 3 hangers on! The cleaner came everyday to change towels and re stock coffee and the room was always spotless. Yes - the rooms are slightly dated but we had no issue with mould or dirty smelly carpets.
The pool and pool bar were fab. My daughter loved staying in the pool until late watching the poolside movies whilst we enjoyed 241 at the bar!
We enjoyed the Buffett breakfast at the hotel a few times too.
We never used the Pizza Hut express as we found local restaurants ( Longhorns, Millers Ale House, Friday's ) were fantastic value for money.
We hired a car so Disney was only approx 8 mins from the hotel!

Before we went to Maingate, having read other reviews about resort fees( ranging anywhere from $5-$30 per night) I contacted USAIRTOURS who advised us that the resort fees had already been paid and included in our package. I kept the email for proof. Sure enough on check out I was told we had to pay a $5 per night resort fee that the holiday company hadn't paid!!!! I showed the email however the receptionist wasn't having any of it and told us to pay up!!!! $70 may not be breaking the bank but when it had already been paid for I felt the hotel were taking the Micky!!!!
USAIRTOURS have advised us that they will be reimbursing us as the hotel should not have charged!!! Check the resort fee before u travel!!!

All in all a good hotel that needs updating.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Blondie3910
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Stayed here a couple times for last minute trips to the parks (very close to disney). Rooms are nothing special but if you just need somewhere to sleep it works just fine. There is a $10 resort fee per night fyi.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Janely S
Reviewed 29 February 2016

I stayed there for 2 nights. It was a great stay for a good price. I booked my hotel with Hotels.com I got a good price. The check in was kind of slow, I arrived at 12 am and there were 2 people in the reception, but the lobby was busy. The bed was comfortable, and the room and bathroom were clean. They dont have elevadors, it's 2 floors.
They offer buffet breakfast for 9.99 + taxes. The breakfast is ok.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Bought a groupon for this place. It was ok. We stayed two night. We went to animal kingdom. I was close, that's why we stayed here. Bathroom needs a good clean and paint job. The doors need some work. There "free" shuttle only goes to certain parks, and they are timed throughout the day. Probably would find a different place next time.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

September 2015 my partner and I stayed at this hotel for two weeks whilst we went to Disney land and universals.
Thankfully we only used the room to basically sleep and wash as we was out for long days visiting the parks. The room was very clean, and had two double beds in it! It was cleaned daily, and never found any issues.
The resort however is very dated and boring. The poolside was dead, the facilities inside might as well not even been there (I.e bar and canteen) they was always shut! I don't if this is because of the time of year we was there, but the hotel was still pretty busy!

However, the staff were amazing! Lady on reception gave us a warm greeting and was very helpful every time we had a query. The grounds men were also lovely and handy - they took us for a ride in there golf buggy thing so we didn't get soaked from the awful storm upon our arrival! The Americans can be very accommodating :)

We pretty much got what we paid for, the only downfall was the how far away if was from all the main attractions - if you're staying here purely to visit Disney etc...
They have shuttle buses free of charge, just limits you as you have to stick to their timings, which wasn't always convenient - but still handy.
m