“Family Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #90 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States
“Family Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We recently stayed from feburary 29-March 3,2012 and our room was excellent for the price we paid. we loved the fact that the hotel was close to Walt Disney world and universal studios, the room was very clean and it also had kithchen accessories for our kitchen with housekeeping coming to our room every morning with fresh towels.the staff was very nice and we used the outdoor heated pool which was very clean and we also used the laundry room which was clean also.our breakfeast was good with french toast and eggs also coffee and cereal every morning.

2 Thank JenniferCruz01
SOSinNC, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts and comments. We do appreciate your recognition of our commitment to your comfort by your kind words.

Again, thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and our future guests. We value and appreciate your continued patronage. Thank you!

Wade D. Michael, CHA, CMCA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I do a lot of business in Orlando and The Palms is very accessible to anywhere in Central Fl. It is right on I-4 quiet and very clean. The rooms are super large with full kitchens and the staff very friendly. They have a great reputation and I highly recommend them for short stays and long term rentals.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bill G
Thank you for your great review and for sharing your comments and thoughts about our resort. I appreciate the fact that you would highly recommend us to your friends and business colleagues.

Your comments about our large Villas with full kitchens and great staff are very much appreciated.

Your feedback is important in meeting and exceeding your expectations and those of our future guests, and I appreciate that you were willing to share the details of your visit. Thank you!!

Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This hotel was a great price and perfect location for visits to Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. It was less than 10 minutes from WDW, and about 20 minutes to Universal. About 20 minutes from Orlando Int'l Airport as well. The hotel itself needed a little updating, but we were barely ever in the room so it didn't matter to us. The bathroom looked like it had been updated recently, but the appliances in the kitchen were old and worn and the cabinets looked about ready to fall off their hinges. The fridge leaked the first day, but seemed to stop for some reason. We did not use the stove or dishwasher, so cannot comment on those. I saw some plates and cups and silverware. The bed was comfy, though the pillows were awful. We stayed in Building 6- farthest from the highway we were told, and it was very quiet. The walls seem to be thin between room though- sometimes we could hear the kids next door, the shower next door, or the people upstairs. I wore earplugs, so it didn't bother me much, but my husband lost sleep one night. The pool looked nice, though we didn't use it. Hotel staff was nice and efficient. Theme park tickets are sold onsight, and they will try to talk you into some deal where you can watch a 90 minute presentation- but upon declining they did not push us further. Transportation to some of the theme parks is offered free of charge, but we chose to drive our own car. Breakfast was sufficient- there were "eggs" (looked more like pancakes, I did not try them), oatmeal, cereal, waffles, bagels, pastries, coffee. Overall, a good choice for a visit to WDW.

Room Tip: To be farther from the highway, ask for Building 6.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank episarski
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your comments and thoughts about our resort. Our goal is to not only to meet but to exceed the expectations of each and every guest we serve in order to make their stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I apologize that your experience at our hotel was less than 100% to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your recognition of our staff’s commitment to you in providing efficient and caring service. We were glad to read that you considered our resort a good value, also happy that you enjoyed the location of our resort and considered us to be an excellent choice of accommodations in the Disney Resort area. Again, thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and our future guests. Your feedback is invaluable to help us improve to better provide for their comfort of our future guests.\

Steubenville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed for four nights Feb20-24, 2012 and we were very pleased with our onebedroom suite, it was equipped with the things we needed. We had two kids 15 year old and a five month old so having a crib in the room was great. The staff was very friendly upon check in and said Hi everytime we had passed them. The free breakfast was good, you had cereal, oatmeal, eggs, bagels, toast, and danishes and juice, the coffee was not good os dont drink it but everything else was good!! The pool and hot ub areas were nice and my oldest made use of the pool and hot tub and they had a game room which satisifed my son, and the guest laundry was nice we were able to wash some clothes. The rooms were nice a little beat up but you can not expect every hotel to be top of the line, but even with some wear and tear it was clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom are roomy, not big but had plenty of room. Overall i was very satisfied with this hotel and would definitely stay there again. Just keep in mind that it is a little worn but most of the hotels in the area are. The highway is behind the hotel but we didnt hear any of the trafic so it was quietier than we thought. So if your on a budget and wanty a clean room and free breakfast to satisfy your need then this is the place.

2 Thank lisad1977
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and your positive comments about your return visit to the Palms Hotel & Villas. We do appreciate your recognition of the benefits of visiting our resort and our staff’s commitment to your comfort.

We are very pleased that you found our spacious Villas to be a great value. We appreciate your patronage, and look forward to your return once again.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

My family & I stayed in the Palms in Feb 2012, this was not our first stay in the area, but our first at the Palms, we have visited the Kissimmee area before and stayed in similar sort of Villas, this time around we decided to try another new adventure and it paid off. The Palms is located very close to the parks/attractions, approximately 5 -10 minutes from Disney / Sea World, there is free shuttle that is very dependable if required. The hotel itself is very clean and well kept, the staff are very friendly, there is a pool, jacuzzi, games, laundry facility and most importantly there is breakfast every morning and its Free!!. The breakfast comes in well especially when you have to go to the parks early, you can simply stop by the restaurant area on your way out, some days I even packed to go. The hotel is located just off the Irlo Brownson Memorial Highway (it will take you three minutes walk), once you're on that strip there is every single restaurant that you can think off, Old Town is on that highway about 5 minutes drive up, there are many attractions in the area.
Going back to the 'hotel' the rooms are well kept, clean and comfortable, I read some reviews before I booked this hotel, the majority were good reviews there were the few negatives, but you get more than what you pay for if you stay at this hotel, I would definitely return and encourage my friends to go as well.

3 Thank Viechell S
SOSinNC, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts about your visit with us and our future guests. We were pleased to be a part of your trip to the US and glad that your enjoyed our location and value.

Your comments and kind words are greatly appreciated, and thank you for your recognition of our staff’s commitment to our guest’s comfort. We will be anxiously awaiting your return to our hotel!

HyannisPort
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We were pleased way beyond what we expected. VERY CLEAN. The cleanest rooms I have been in to begin with, and that excepts pets. No smells from other pets, no fear of fleas, or pet dander.I keep my Yorkie very well groomed at all times, this place was a refreshing surprise. Our Villa slept 5 of us. The staff, from check-in to check-out way above professional standards. The pool, heated and clean as was the hot tub spa. The free breakfast was elaborate every morning. Grills by the pool, stove, refrigerator, microwave all clean for use. Dishes and utensils are in the rooms and clean. Close to all Parks and shuttles on-site. I would stay here again anytime. You made my stay a wonderful and stress free vacation. I would also like to say NO ONES DOGS BARKED at all anytime. We all cleaned up after our dogs also.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are laid out the same. We were on the ground floor in Building #7.
4 Thank Kathleen V
SOSinNC, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts and gracious comments about your visit with us and with our future guests. We were pleased to read that we have gained your confidence and that we will see you again in the future.

Your comments and kind words are greatly appreciated, and again thank you for your recognition of our staff’s commitment to you and your pet’s comfort.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I travel to Celebration a lot and find the hotels on Palm Parkway to be very convenient to the town at a much more reasonable price than the hotels across the street in Celebration itself. The hotel is located almost at the end of the road, with I-4 running along the edge of the property. Except for the occassional semi without brake mufflers, I did not have any problem with road noise.

The hotel charges a nightly resort fee. This is common in the area.The Radisson and Melia, on the same street, and the Celebration Bohemian Marriott all charge approximately a similar fee. At The Palms, the sign on the front desk says that the fee covers local phone calls, wireless internet, shuttle to the resorts, breakfast and one other thing that escapes me.

The room is spacious with a small kitchenette (sink, fridge, microwave, stove.) There is no oven. There is a separate bedroom from the living area. I would consider the kitchen more of a place to store and reheat leftovers than an actual kitchen. It does come with plates, utensils and a couple of pots and pans. If you want to stock up, there is a local grocery at the end of the street and a Publix nearby. While I was there, they started a "room service" program. It is basically a delivery service with a limited menu. I did not try it out, but thought that it was a great idea.

When I first went into my room, I found several problems. I tried to call the front desk, but the phone system was out for the entire complex. I had to walk back to report the problems. They could not tell me when the phone system would be repaired. However, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the problems I reported (other than the phone) were fixed quickly.

The hotel wireless signal was spotty and almost non-existent in my room, so I resorted to using my cell phone for calls and data. My cell coverage in the room (Sprint) was weak, but passable. At times, my friend had no cell coverage (T-Mobile) at all. The lack of a working phone in the room and no cell coverage from some providers could be problematic for some guests.

Although the room was generally nice, the carpet by the kitchen was sticky and the chair and ottoman in the living room was so badly stained I wouldn't even put my suitcase on it, no less sit on it.

One suggestion that I have for management is that they repave the parking lot. If anyone is asleep in the car, they won't be once you turn into the parking lot. This may have been taken care of already.

After a few days, my thought was to give this hotel a four rating. However, on my second to last night of my stay someone checked into the unit above mine. I could hear every step they took. When they got in, when they left, when they used the bathroom, when they went to bed or got up, etc.

The bottom line is that if you are traveling with kids and are on a tight budget, this could be a very good value for you.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room away from I-4.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stb501
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your comments. Our goal is to not only meet and exceed the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as we can. I apologize that your experience at our hotel was less than 100% to your satisfaction.

We apologize that our telephone system was indeed out of service during your visit, and has now been replaced with a new state-of-the–art system which will better provide for our guests needs. Our housekeeping department has been instructed to take immediate action to improve the condition of the carpet, chair, and ottoman in your room. We do have plans to resurface our parking areas, and hope to have this completed by late summer.

Again, thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and our future guests. Your feedback is invaluable to help us improve to better provide for their comfort.

Wade D. Michael, CHA, CMCA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
5.3 km away
Seasons Florida Resort
#15 of 153 in Kissimmee
0.6 km away
Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration

Been to The Palms Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!