All reviews front desk spanish springs room was clean free breakfast visiting family catholic church eggs and sausage hotel appears to be higher priced hotels breakfast hours two queen beds third floor short drive wonderful hotel decent breakfast the hotel is pet friendly stayed here for nights
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

When we checked in, the room looks fine enough. Typical for a Comfort Suites. You get what you pay for. A Comfort Suites is a lower level hotel, but so is the price. My husband found a cleaning cloth on the ground in the room. What brought my rating down was the disgusting dirty scent of the towels, blankets, pillows and sheets. Have you ever smelled dirty hair or a dirty head grease scent?? It is quite disgusting! I had to throw the pillows off the bed because their scent was making me sick. Then my head touched the sheet instead and it had the same scent. I ended up getting a T-shirt from my suitcase and laid that on the bed and only then could I put my head on the bed to sleep. Showering was even worse. You feel fresh right out of the shower and then you pick up a towel and you instantly smell the filthiest scent and have to rub that on your body! Even my husband yelled out from the bathroom that the towels stink!! I do travel often and I’ve come to believe it’s the use of cheap clothes detergent. If they used Tide, the towels would be fresh like at home. These hotels try to save money with something as important as this, but they suffer the consequences of poor reviews as a result. Next, the beds are not comfortable at all! Every slight move my husband made, I could feel it and woke up. This never happens with our bed at home. Again, you get what you pay for. From now on, we will stick with Hilton or Marriott brand hotels and pay a little more.

Date of stay: August 2018
Julie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm sorry your stay was not a pleasant one and that you were not happy with the scent of our laundry. I can assure you that we use a commercial product that is used widespread in the industry. We have to use those products that clean and disinfect our linens and while they may not smell as good as tide (which by the way, I love Tide, too) but they are made for these commercial applications.
We appreciate you staying with us and hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Stayed there a few days ago. This 'hotel' is too old to be standing anymore. Nothing works. The microwave door doesn't open..You have to hold the microwave and pull the door open without it falling on the floor. The AC...unreliable. The furniture ..everything is BROWN ! The room is drab and dark... very depressing. No exhaust fan in the bathroom... smells and steam stay right there. My hair style was ruined because it was like a sauna. No where for the steam to go. The bathroom tiny little sink gets water all over you and the floor. .two people cannot try to groom themselves at the same time. The bathroom is only big enough for one person. Two Queen beds and one was unusable..about a foot next to the AC...blew cold air on your legs. Moved to the other one and it was like sleeping on JELLO... Every time my husband moved his leg or turned a little I bounced around. The springs are shot ... This bed had to be 20 years old !!! This place claims it was just refurbished... I say BULL ! Showing it's age for sure. Checked out the next morning at 9 AM. Worst place we ever stayed... It ruined our trip for sure. Manager was nasty and rude when I called next day to complain... BESIDES it is NOT in the center of the Villages as they say. Maybe a 15 minute ride to the center.. Ruined our vacation and they do not do refunds..I tried calling and of course to add insult to injury they have outsourced out of the country for Customer Service. Cheapos all around ..

Room tip: Don't take anything for granted and report any problems right away. Stay away from these hotels they are a waste of your money.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Again, thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you were so unhappy with your stay. Please, in the future, let the front desk know if there are any issues with your room. We could have moved you to another room that was more to your liking. Not saying anything until after you leave the hotel gives us no opportunity to try to remedy the situation and make your stay a better one.
As far as our location, we are in the middle of the Spanish Springs area. We are 2 blocks from the town square. The Villages covers 3 counties and there are 3 town squares. We are at Spanish Springs, which is the original one on the north end of The Villages.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

We stayed in the Comfort Suites while visiting The Villages. It is very convenient to the Town Square Spanish Springs.
Location: The hotel was in a quite location with good parking. There was no road noise at night or day.
Hotel Staff: We found the hotel staff friendly and efficient. The front desk person was friendly and willing to share information about the area and answered our questions.
Lobby: The lobby and dining area appear to be recently updated, but the room I stayed in #305 looked old.
Breakfast Bar: Lots of items on the breakfast bar which were plentiful and fresh.
Linens: There were a plentiful supply of towels and the bed linens were soft and clean
Bedding: The mattress was too soft. I know this is a personal preference, but I would have liked a firmer mattress. There were four pillows on each bed. They were very comfortable.
HVAC: The HVAC in my room was awful. The HVAC unit is located under the window next to the bed with the temperature control located on the wall. It took a long time to cool down the room when we first arrived. The fan made a loud continuous noise while it was running. During the night it would come on and wake me up. I had sinus congestion during the night and figured it was something in the room that was irritating me? The morning we checked out, I discovered a wet area on the carpet coming from the HVAC unit. I think this area stays wet most of the time and there is probably mold under the carpet.
One of the bedside lights was not working. The ceiling had a large black mark which you could tell it was from a smashed bug. The room definitely needs to be refurbished.

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

The staff was very welcoming and helpful our whole stay. The room was clean and fresh. I was very impressed. Would definitely stay again. It is located in a fantastic area with easy shopping and dining.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank thuff32
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my kids for a couple of days for a mini vacation .. we loved it the front desk staff is very accommodating and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.. the hot breakfast in the morning is very nice too. I would definitely stay here again .

Date of stay: June 2018