“Beautiful Hotel!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This hotel is right off I-75, clustered with a few others, and easy to find. The lobby is absolutely gorgeous! Very upscale. The open center allows you to look down to the lobby from all the floors. Carpeting was clean and not worn. The first elevator we took up to our 6th floor room was a little scarry. It kind of lurched and moaned when we reached our floor. I couldn't get off fast enough. Other than that, there were no incidences.

The hot tub was a HUGE disappointment! It was more like bath water and the jets only slightly bubbled. It wasn't worth getting my bathing suit wet. Horrible.

We didn't get into the pool because there was a bunch of youth baseball players there for their travel teams. Very loud, but they had fun. There was also a sauna we didn't use .... the kids were playing in it.

The restaurant wasn't open for dinner so we had to go elsewhere. We went to Bob Evan's down the road .... BIG mistake! Service was basically non-existent. Food was ok - the usual Bob Evan's stuff.

The beds were cozy and comfortable. Internet access easily accessible. The shower was ok. I had to turn the knob all the way around and then to the setting for warm water. If I just turned it to the warm center, it never got warm - had to go all the way around. Weird!

Lighting in the room was poor. We had all the lights on and we still strained to see what we were looking at.

I don't know if the staff knew it, but there was a wall hanging missing. The hooks were still there, but no picture.

Breakfast room service was good and the food was excellent. We decided on room service instead of going to the dining area because of the number of children staying in the hotel. There would be no room to sit.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Fdsk_Manager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for posting your photos, they look great! Our hot tub is designed to be a gentle whirlpool. While it does not offer the powerful jets of a jacuzzi, it is kept at 104 degrees year-round, and is meant to be a relaxing amenity that any of our guests can enjoy. We do offer Jacuzzi Suites, featuring a Jacuzzi tub for 2 in the bedroom area. The jets in these tubs are much more powerful.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the room service and Free WiFi. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I’ve stayed at this relatively new hotel several times and every time between 4:00 a.m. and 4:15 a.m. the garbage truck empties the dumpsters. It is impossible that this activity does not awaken the entire facility. I was on an upper floor at the opposite end of the building and it was extremely loud. I’ve mentioned this problem at check out each time and have received the same lack luster response each time, “I’ll tell the manager.” Apparently the manager doesn’t care as this problem has been occurring for months. Lake City is a small municipality and by no means is there a need for a 4:00 a.m. garbage pickup.

Staff at this location is also much less personable than other Holiday Inn’s.

If you can handle the 4:00 a.m. garbage truck wakeup call and the unpleasant staff, then this newer lower end Holiday Inn was relatively clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ed B

I apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. Our garbage service is scheduled for 12:30 pm daily, so I am at a loss to explain the noise you heard, but our overnight security team is conducting an investigation. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Lake City on my way to visit family in South Florida. The hotel has an atrium-style lobby which was suprisingly elegant. The staff at the desk were quick to welcome us and check-in was smooth. The room was spacious and very clean. The large flatscreen TV had a nice selection of HD programming. We had a suite which allowed our kids to watch their own TV while my wife and I caught up on election news! We left early the next morning so we didn't get a chance to order breakfast in the loby cafe. Maybe on our next visit! We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GatorBrad
Fdsk_Manager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2012

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our studio suites are a popular option for families, because the added space and extra amenities, such as the second TV, pullout sofa, refrigerator, and microwave, all make their stay more comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Good location, nice quality hotel. Only disadvantage was bfst wasn't included in Priceline rate.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Fdsk_Manager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! I hope you had the opportunity to try our full service breakfast restaurant. While it's not included in the rate, we feel that it's a better meal and a better value than many of our competitors. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2012

As expected with Holiday Inn, the servce and cleanliness was spot on. Very modern amenities, LCD TV's, wireless internet and a very comfortable bed. Loved the location...far enough off of the Interstate that you don't hear it all night.
If you're on your way to south Florida and need a place to stay, stay here!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Lots of travelers on I-10 and I-75 find us to be a "perfect halfway point" when driving in Florida. We are proud of the modern amenities that you mentioned, especially our brand new 37" HDTVs in every room, featuring the most HD programming in town. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2012

This hotel is very well located and new. I stay here everytime I am in the area, Ruby Tuesday next door but I walk across the road to the Texas Roadhouse - this place is awesome!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay! As you pointed out, we are conveniently located near many local restaurants. We also offer dinner in our lounge, or for room service. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 November 2011

This hotel is unexpectedly good at taking care of its guests. From overall cleanliness to great attitudes of the staff, staying here is a pleasure.
This is not a five-star hotel, and you won't confuse it with one. It is, however, a solidly good hotel with appropriate amenities and friendly, helpful staff. We've stayed here a few times, and have been pleased each time.
The suite in which we stayed was clean, amenities plentiful, and it was roomy enough for us to spread out a bit. The televisions had all the channels listed on the cards, and the remotes worked. In fact, everything worked, and from our experience that's unusual enough to comment on. (The one thing that got laughed about was the elevator's speed: we thought we might have to check out before actually reaching our floor)
As noted, staff was friendly and helpful, leaving extra coffee as requested, and even giving extra towels when they found we'd used all three we'd been given initially.
There's a Ruby Tuesday next door to the hotel, and the hotel itself has sit-down service for breakfast, in its cafe area. Can't speak to this, but it appeared well-received by those who availed themselves of it.
Good stay, good value, great staff. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: The corner suites are great, with two exposures. There are some very odd "interior" suites...