New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Lake City
Mildenhall, United Kingdom
“A very nice and restful hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

There are a lot of choices when looking for a hotel. On a previous trip, I tried one of the "entry level" motels, and was disappointed. This trip I wanted to spend the night in a nicer place. I got the best rate by going directly to the Holiday Inn website. When I arrived my room was ready, and, after a long day's drive, I, too, was ready. I came into the room, and the light was not working in the entryway. But, I hit the switch for a secondary light. I looked at the nicely made bed (2 large pillows and 2 small pillows); triple sheeting. I saw the nice television set. There was a sofa in the room, too! When I heard road noise I went to check the window. Something was wrong, since I was not able to latch the window closed. I called the Front Desk, and was immediately given a new room. Room number 2 had a chair and not a sofa, but the window was securely closed. As I got ready for bed, I noticed that there were only the smaller decorative pillows. Not wanting to get a 3rd room I went to sleep. If this happens to you...get the full size pillow. The smaller pillows were really more decorative than functional. But, it was my decision not to make another request. As friendly as everyone was, I am certain that I would have been given either a pillow or another room. Lesson learned: Ask for the pillow. The Ruby Tuesday that is attached made dinner easy. I will feel very comfortable staying here in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fdsk_Manager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in bringing in extra staff to keep things under control even on Little League weekends. We can't wait to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I traveled to Lake City this weekend with my sisters and husband. We could not have been happier with this hotel. The hotel was clean, very well appointed and a great location. This is actually the second time I have stayed here, We had a suite on the 6th floor and it was more than enough room and privacy for all of us. There were 2 flat screen Tv's plenty of sitting room when my parents came to visit. The beds were super comfy!!! There were several softball and little league teams and families staying and the room was extremely quite despite their running through the hotel and having fun as kids that age will do. It did not bother us at all.
The only complaint we had was that the hotel is smoke free. Someone across the hall from us was obviously smoking, as it was choking when you walked into the hall. We did mention it to the housekeeping staff, and we were told not to worry he would pay for it at checkout. That did not solve the problem of the overwhelming smell when you were outside our room. I feel it should have been stopped immediately but was not addressed. It was just as strong if not stronger when we checked out on the third day.
But overall this was a very nice experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Fort Myers
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

The strong smell of air freshener/deodorizer. Good, safe location with restaurants and gas stations close by. Very impressed by the front desk staff. Left some valuables there and the staff was very helpful in keeping them secure until I could return.

Room Tip: Suite room 226 was good.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fdsk_Manager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to get your items back! Recently we have been trying out new air fresheners to find the perfect one. Your feedback is valued and will help us in making that determination. We hope to see you again soon!
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

All our expectations were met. Large, clean, quiet and comfortable room with plenty of towels and pillows. Close to resturants and shopping. The free Wi-Fi was a welcome bonous.
No hestiation about staying here again.

Room Tip: During snowbird season this place fills up fast so make a reservation.
Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Fdsk_Manager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Many travelers enjoy our free WiFi, either on their own devices throughout the building or in our well-equipped 24 hour Business Center. We can't wait to see you again!
Tarpon Springs, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days while traveling in north Florida on business. The hotel is located in a nice area and is close to many restaurants (Applebee's, Red Lobster, McDonalds, Sonny's). There is a Ruby Tuesday and a Cracker Barrel within walking distance. There is also a Walmart nearby. The room was large and well furnished. The room was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly. The bed was comfortable and they give you both firm and soft pillows. The hotel has a bar and restaurant but no breakfast buffet. I had a made to order breakfast that was average. The hotel has an open atrium with rooms around the perimeter so the room was noisy until the restaurant closed around 10:00. If I were traveling in this area again I would definitely stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the upper floors will be quieter because of the atrium.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelOften026
Fdsk_Manager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many travelers find that our convenient location works well for them. We hope to see you again soon!
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I started off by looking for a hotel in Lake City that would take my two pups. I picked Holiday Inn and was so happy that I did. The young lady who checked me in was nice and helpful. The room was spotless and comfortable. The entire hotel was nicely furnished. There was also a great pet exercise area and a Ruby Tuesday right next door. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone with or without pets.
Good job Holiday Inn, Lake City.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank dmspeech
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are proud of the fact that our pet rooms are just as fresh and inviting as all of our other rooms. We hope to see you again soon!
Northwood, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stopped here on our way home from Florida. It had been a long, hot day and we only drove about 2 hours before having to stop for the night. I made the reservation online and when we checked into the hotel, the girl didn't seem to have much enthusiam or pleasantries for customer service.

I got checked in and later on my husband stopped by to give them our Priority Club number. He then had to make a second trip back down to the desk to see what we got for being a Priority Club member.

Most times when we stay at Holiday Inns or Holiday Inn Expresses we get something for being a loyal Priority Club member. I realize that at a regular Holiday Inn, breakfast is not included, but most of the ones we have ever stayed at have given us at least 1 free breakfast in the restaurant for being a loyal member. This hotel however was different. After 2 trips to the front desk (because the girl didn't give us all the information), we were given a certificate good for $2, yes a whole whopping $2, towards a drink or breakfast. I found that to be a slap in the face. I realize they don't have to give you breakfast, but most of the nice ones give you a little more then $2 for being a Priority Club member.

Overall the hotel was nice. Rooms were clean, beds were comfy, and they had working internet, all of which we were looking for. Customer service could certainly use a boost though.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
ohnostargazer,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J