“Pizza by the slice”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Walking the avenue we stopped at Downtown Pizza for a slice, what a nice surprise. Fresh made pizza ,thin crust, fresh tomatoes, spinach and lots of Mozzarella and Ricotta. A slice was really the size of two slices add two large fountain sodas and you had a great lunch for two for $ 9.00. Our server, Lindsey was very sweet and helpful in making our selection. We look forward to the next time we want pizza.

1  Thank Patricia S

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a great pizza and we found one. The Supreme at Downtown Pizza is one of the best I've ever had. It was even good cold the next morning (the large is hard for two to handle). We also shared a large garden salad as an appetizer and it was great, too. If I am ever down that way, again, I will be back!

1  Thank tyrcook
Reviewed 25 March 2017

You can't go wrong with this place. All their choices are worthy of the best you can say about Italian food. Excellent pizza. All the pasta choices are great as are the salads. You will always find yourself bringing home leftovers as the portions are large.

1  Thank AMF3
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Went last night after a few bevy's with the guys. Ordered chicken wings, these are excellent and a house special pizza.
The pizza was a bit of a let down, as others have mentioned the toppings slid off.
It was well cooked on the edges but like a raw pancake in the middle and we thought it was greasy.
Not the best but ok

1  Thank Crooksey_13
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I wanted to support a local business, so I ordered a pizza to go. The thin crust is hand-tossed. I sat @ the front counter & watched it being made from 10' away.

It was in the box only 15 minutes. But the crust was soft & soggy, looked like a thin wet pancake. The reason I know this is because the crust separated from the ingredients.

I can't recall ever seeing that happen, & I've made a lot more pizzas than I've eaten.

& When I lifted a piece from the other side, the edge crust & the bottom was near-burned, enough that I threw it away. Haven't figured that out either, as pizza ovens are built to cook uniformly.

Surely this is an anomaly, as Downtown is a favorite locals place. It was an extremely busy weekend night. Rarely have I seen 4 guys work that hard & fast. It was like Fast-Forwarding through the commercials.

I really wanted them to earn 5***** but having to throw the crust away makes it not a real pizza.