All reviewsclothing optional resortclub revealconversation poolpoolside cabanahot tubmain restaurantpool sidegreat poolfull kitchenvolleyballhottubplrnaturisttiki
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Swim, eat, spa, drink, talk, sunbathe, sauna, with or without swimwear, Drinks were top notch as well were the heated pools (4) plus a hot-tub. You can play volleyball, in the water or the sand. There is a pool side bar and you can get eat, there is also a nightclub. The only item I was disappointed in was the gym, the equipment was very old and hard to use. You can stay in their rooms or rent a condo at an adjoining property. Enjoyed my month there. I didn't stay in their hotel rented a small condo.

Room Tip: rent a condo
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank sandiv2016
Reviewed November 12, 2017

I wish anyone was here. It's a beautiful looking resort, but where were the guests? The Thursday - Friday I spent at PLR there were were about 1/2 dozen people around the pool; surprising for a nice sunny day. There were 4 in back on the courts playing pickleball, but they disappeared by the time I returned with my paddle. I left to spend the day at Lake Como, returning by late afternoon. My room was nice, clean and well kept. The room service staff was extremely cooperative, asking me if I needed anything else.The food at the cafe was just OK; service mediocre, unless you were a regular. Not sure I'd return.

Stayed: June 2017
7  Thank Steven L
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We go to PL occasionally for a night out or an overnight stay. Nice place and very relaxing. Only complaint is the conversation pool and hot tub have way too much chlorine in them. I understand that they get alot of use, but when your nose and throat start to burn after awhile, and your skin drys out and turns red and itchy, there just might be a little too much chlorine in the water. Otherwise great place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2017

I stayed a weekend at Paradise lake, I was very disappointed with the attitude of the members who acted like they wanted me to leave their club. People gave me unfriendly looks. Couple of times some of them moved away from one pool to the next, as soon as I entered the pool. I thought this attitude will diminish when the club get crowded, but I was wrong.
Front office staff was nice and very helpful. But bar at the pool (which was the main restaurant) staff does not care about serving me. I had to approach them to order my food. They will have all the chit chat with others while I am waiting to order my food. Every time they took my order last. Once they finish all the conversations and the other customers move away then they will attend to me with very short answers. Rooms were ok but they are too expensive. They will change resort fee of $ 50.00. I think it is very high. Places like Gaylords Resort in TX charge only $ 25.00. Gaylords Resort is a 5-star establishment. Think again before you go. It doesn’t matter how updated the facilities are, if members and staff are keeping up with this type of attitude, management may not find too many return customers.

Room Tip: Sorry cant recommend at this time.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
7  Thank sb589493
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I decided to make a return trip this year, after visiting last year. I checked in Thursday afternoon and checked out Monday morning. Customer service has improved and the appearance of the poolside cabana rooms have improved. Staff is friendly. Some updating on the exterior appearance of the cabana buildings, the front desk building, and the Key West bar area, to brighten the place up and make it pop, would go a long way in making a first impression. Attendance during the weekdays is sparse but Saturday and Sunday is usually pretty busy. You are permitted to bring food and drinks into your room as long is it is not alcohol or glass bottles but there is no microwave or refrigerator in the rooms, so that option becomes a moot point. If you have any medications that need to be refrigerated, you are out of luck.

The Saturday I was there was Singles Saturday, where unattached singles were given free admission if they RSVP'd before hand. I did so. Last year, I was told I was not eligible for the free admission since I was staying overnight. Something they said was a "better deal" for me, but I did not agree. I asked this year if I was eligible for the free admission. The gentleman at the front desk refunded $41 of the $45 daily admission fee for Saturday. However, from my understanding, any locals that came for the day and wanted to get a room so they wouldn't have to drive if they have been drinking, were eligible to get a room for $90 vs. the $120 standard Saturday rate, if they were on the RSVP list. I was not given that discount, apparently since I was staying multiple nights. Sundays all summer long are "Sip and Strip" Sundays, where you will receive free admission with the purchase of a $20 Bare Bucks Card that can be used for food and drinks at the resort. Essentially,you are getting in for $20 and can get $20 worth of food and drinks for free, since some guests will not use the entire amount or may run over. Once again, I asked at the front desk for that deal and was told I could not get it because I was staying in a room and I had a room card for all food and drink charges, which I would have to pay for everything I ordered. While everyone else was getting a $20 deal, I paid the full $45 daily admission fee and the full $90 Sunday night rate for a cabana to stay the night. Again, I was penalized for patronizing their onsite hotel room. I paid $135 when I should have only paid $110 if they appreciated their overnight guests. Getting a room should be a bonus to the resort, not a penalty to the guest. If you plan on staying overnight, rent a condo on the resort grounds from an individual. There are several different sources you may rent from. You can rent a condo from and individual for around the same price or maybe even cheaper than you can get a cabana room from the resort and you will have a full kitchen if you want to fix your own meals. A golf cart may be included, depending on who you rent from. You will be on the grounds and won't have to dress, but you will be staying away from the pool area. You will pay daily admission, just like you will if you get a cabana room, but you will get all the discounts and perks that those visiting just for the day receive. I will be doing that when/if I decide to stay in the future since the resort doesn't see the need or the importance to extend the same offers to the overnight guests in the cabanas. The owners of the resort and the management need to do a much better job of promoting and encouraging guests to stay in the cabana rooms, but penalizing the guest is not the way to do it. And you shouldn't have to ask for the discounts. They should automatically be given to you and the benefit explained to you as if they greatly appreciate you.

Room Tip: Rent a condo on the resort grounds from an individual vs. renting a resort owned poolside cabana room. You will get a better deal overall.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo