“No! Don't stop!!”

Super 8 Lantana West Palm Beach
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Lantana
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We found this in the Roomsaver coupon book and decided to try it. It was one of the worst hotel experiences of my life -- worse than ones I stayed at in a 3rd world country! The first room we were given the lights didn't work and upon exiting found that the door did not lock from the outside. We called the front desk and were told to come back to office and they would give us a different room. Well the 2nd room was definietly worse as the toilet leaked all over the floor and I felt like it was going to fall over everytime I used it. My husband would not move again so I had to put towels around the toilet. I reported it to the front desk and he apologized and said he would bring us extra towels which he did eventually. The high speed internet they advertised was not in my room. I was able to connect but not even able to check my email as it took forever to load anything and kept disconnecting. In the morning I could not connect at all. The girl at the desk in the morning when we checked out did not even apologize for our bad experience. All she said to us was "so the toilet is loose?"
During the night there was a lot of drinking and swearing and loud people to one side of us and to the other side people fighting til 2 in the morning.
My husband did not get his driver's license back after check in and did not realize it until the next day. We had to turn around and go back to get it. I think they should have called the room and let his know his license was at the front desk or atleast flag the account some how so he could have got it back the next morning. Now we have to be on watch for identity theft.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank woodstar0206
Frank M, Manager at Super 8 Lantana West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We would like to apologize for any unsatisfactory conditions that you might have experienced while a guest in our hotel.
Spring Break is always a challenge in the Hotel Business, and as sad as it is, many people today just do not have good manners; nor do they show any concern for others. While some guests in a hotel think it should be a party, there are also those guests just looking for comfort, relaxation, and some peace and quite.

Please accept my sincere apology and be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed. Please contact me directly the next time you plan to visit Lantana / West Palm Beach area. I would like to prove this was an exception and not the rule.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

this was everything the person said in the last review. we must have been their the same time. i went with my family. a hooker was walking around all over the hotel knocking on doors. we were at the hotel while the cops and fire people were called for the abuse. people banging all hours of the night. the maid took all of our towels. it didnt matter because the ones they gave us were filthy and we wouldn't use them anyway. the floors made both my daughters feet black. the bathroom door had a hole in it from someone who tried to kick it in. the lock on the door was busted from someone who must have tried to break in the door. the pool had needles in it and around it. this was the vacation from *ell. i tried to ask for my money back and still haven't heard anything. they should sut this place down. in going to call the health dept on them. i cried everynight because we had to stay here. we didn't have enough money to go to another hotel because they wouldn't give me my money back. if anyone tells you anything diff. about this hotel they must hate you.

Room Tip: go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Crystal . Thank You for affording me the opportunity to converse via phone. I hope all of your concerns regarding your stay where addressed and resolved. Please accept my sincere apology for the unsatisfactory service levels you experienced during your recent visit. Our goal is total guest satisfaction for all of our guests and I am disappointed we let you down. I hope when in lantana / West Palm again you will call me so that I can see to your stay personally.

Sincerely

Reviewed 28 February 2012

This hotel should not even be listed as a choice to stay in. Upon check, 3 rooms from me was a sexual battery crime scene. Prostitutes and drug deals were going on all over the property. The room was filthy, smelled horrible and I wouldn't even touch the bed! This hotel is a LIVE IN hotel for Prostitutes, drug dealers and gangs!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!! Also upon arrival, there was a knock at my door to bum a cigarette and a beer!!!

Room Tip: Do not, do not, DO NOT stay here. Ther is no good room!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Frank M, General Manager at Super 8 Lantana West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed without delay.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

The wife and I found this hotel in the Roomsaver guide for $49.95. Most of the other area hotels were charging much more. So we decided to check it out as it was getting late and we had traveled from Savannah GA. I had a job interview the next day so we needed a place to stay for the night. This hotel had been a Knights Inn at one time and I had to see a room before I would check in. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Despite some of the bad reviews on this. The room looked like it had been repainted. The 2 double beds felt comfortable. I check them before I take a room. I also check for bedbugs. None. The bathroom was clean and had a nice shower head. One of the beds needed an extra pillow as one was missing. I let them know at the front desk as I decided to check the family in. Before we even got in the room it was there. Very clean rooms and a new staff I am assuming the staff before didn't care. Very helpful with directions to stores in the area. I just wish that they would include a micro wave and fridge in the room at no extra cost. But we were able to use the microwave in the breakfast area so no problems there. My oldest daughter was bitten by some ants outside in the grassy areas and she had a bad reaction to it just like I do to fire ants. But this is Florida and fire ants are in the grassy areas. Breakfast the next morning was kind of sparse. Bagels, blueberry muffins(yuck we don't like those)toast and pre packaged cereal. We ate the bagels. Need some more muffin choices. The orange juice was still not working(previous review). Coffee was okay. The only thing was getting out of the hotel wasn't easy if you wanted to make a left turn out of the property. Other than that I would stay again if in South Florida.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jdicarlo22000
Frank M, Manager at Super 8 Lantana West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and your kind words of praise. I am very proud of our staff and I will share your comments with them. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday. Last minute call to the hotel got us a king-size bed, microwave and refrigerator for $70 a night including taxes. The room was clean and adequate, although dark. It had been remodeled but lacked a lot of the finishing touches. Parking lot is poorly lit after dark. Would recommend a room near the front office. Their continental breakfast consisted of bagels, toast and blueberry muffins. The orange juice dispenser was out of order all but one day. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sgtravel11
Frank M, General Manager at Super 8 Lantana West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thank you for sharing your kind words on Trip Advisor. It’s rewarding when a guest takes the time to recognize us. It is through our guests’ eyes that we know whether we are reaching our guest service goal of total guest satisfaction. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My family and I were on our way to our annual family reunion. Without haveing to intrude on our local family members we were in search for a hotel that was nice but still in our budget. We came across the Super 8 and found it to be nice, clean and boy did the kids love the pool!!! The room was big, clean and perfect. The staff was extremely helpful and very pleasant. I will definately spread the word out to anyone who may planning a trip. As for myself I will continue to stay at the Super8 for upcoming annual family reunions.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Frank M, General Manager at Super 8 Lantana West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Thank you for your kind review, we look forward to seeing you and your family next year.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Very good stay experience, making for a good family trip. I would Definitely stay again and recomend to friends!!! :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lantana
0.2 km away
Ramada West Palm Beach Airport
#29 of 34 in West Palm Beach
16.1 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach

Been to Super 8 Lantana West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!