“Thanks for a great New Years Eve dive! Good people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gold Coast Scuba

Gold Coast Scuba
North Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Thanks for a great New Years Eve dive! Good people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

While on a work trip to South Florida, a few buddies and I had a last minute idea to do a night shore dive underwater at midnight on new years eve. The first place I called was Gold Coast Scuba on the morning of December 31, 2011 and told them our idea. The guy I spoke with, Dave, liked the idea and decided to go with us and guide us on a reef a block from his shop. We had a few minor issues when fitting our gear since i'm 6'3 and one of my dive buddies is 6'5 with a size 15 shoe! But we got both of us fitted although it required a bit of creativity. Everyone at the show was friendly and you could tell just love diving. I was VERY happy with the quality of the rental gear. My reg breathed great and the BC was weight integrated. I was most impressed with the quality of their air. There was zero odor or anything unpleasant about breathing their air. You can tell they have good filtration. We met Dave around 10 at his shop, loaded gear and after a short briefing, headed to the beach. The dive itself was OK. We saw a few fish, lobster, shrimps, rays. Nothing spectacular, but was a fun dive anyway, and a GREAT way to bring in the new year, descending in 2011 and surfacing in 2012! This will certainly be one of the most memorable dives ever and we couldn't have done it without the extra (after hours) help from Gold Coast Scuba.

2 Thank FoolishBurrito

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Never going to another dive shop in lauderdale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

Excellent customer service! Friendly and helpful staff

2 Thank Sarah G
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice service, Great dive shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

They are very friendly. I just started diving and they are very good with beginners.

2 Thank carlos4321
Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Gold Coast Scuba Rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Gold Coast Scuba has a friendly staff that will set you up with the local divers. If you are on vacation and do not have a dive buddy Gold Coast Scuba can help with that. If you want to learn how to Scuba Dive this is the best shop in the area. My 12 yo son was certified with instructor Brian and he had a great time learning his kills.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank aupsetdiver
Bronx, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Shop owned and operated by friendly, knowledgeable, passionate divers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was my first dive trip without arrangements having been made through my local dive shop, so I was a little clueless about where to begin. My boyfriend and I walked into Gold Coast Scuba (after reading about their meet-up group on the internet) and ended up arranging 10 great days of diving, as well as meeting a great bunch of locals to dive with. Steve Gagas, the owner, is very friendly and knowledgeable. Don't expect to get in and out of there quickly - it's easy to get lost in conversation, spend much longer there than you intended, and walk out feeling like you were just with an old friend!

Visited August 2011