All reviews comfortable room nice pool min walk misty lars owner beach publix grill
Reviewed June 19, 2017

we have been going to the tropicaire resort for about 9 years. Its been our shrangri-la. Unfortunately this past year a new owner took over. He doesn't seem to be as interested in the place as the old owners were and doesn't give the manager Misty(who is great) the resources she needs to keep the place up. We ( there are four families) gave our deposit for march 2018 because we weren't sure we would find a place for all of us. But we did. We asked for our deposit back many times but to no avail.I would caution any one thinking of giving a deposit to this place to be very leary.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank stevefoxcontracting
Reviewed June 12, 2017

Maree Moscati
in the last week I'd give this no stars if at all possible. Left a deposit with Misty who said we would get a refund if cancelled within 4 months of 2018 stay. So, in late March myself and 2 other couples left deposits and we had to cancel - we have been promised our refund within a week - that was week of April 15th... today, June 12th.. nothing but lies and lies and more lies. I trusted Misty who said she was personally going to get money orders for all of us and we are still waiting for our refunds! Two months later... now Misty not answering her phone, voice mails, emails or text messages. After going there for years - even though it is the shabbiest place of all in the area - run down and they had to re-clean 2 of our rooms twice - one day they didn't even bother to come in! I would never ever trust an establishment that has to repeatedly lie about returning a deposit that they repeatedly said they would nor would I ever recommend this awful place to another.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Maree M
Reviewed May 29, 2017

My Husband, son and myself spent a Wonderful Weekend at Tropicare Resort. The rooms are Clean, Very Nicely Decorated and Very Comfortable!
The pool area is just like a home away from home backyard with grills if you want to BBQ and even music for your enjoyment.
MISTY THE MANAGER IS AWESOME. VERY HARDWORKING, FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMODATING! We are definitely going back soon.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Tropicaire M, General Manager at Tropicaire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Thank-you So Much for your positive feedback on your recent stay here with us @ The Tropicaire Resort. I really appreciate your kind words and I also appreciate that you and your family chose our hotel for your holiday weekend! We enjoyed having you as much as you enjoyed being here! You guys are more than welcome to return ANYTIME!!!! We would love to see you Soon!

Again, thanks for your review, See you Soon,

Tropicaire Resort Staff

"Arrive as Guests & Leave as Friends"

Reviewed March 31, 2017

My husband and I spent a very pleasant 3 weeks at the Tropicaire Resort. Everything we wanted in an escape from the cold north was at the resort beginning with a warm welcome by Misty, the resort Manager. She did everything to make our stay comfortable and was extremely helpful in so many ways. In addition to great service, we met some pretty great people. A lot of the guests return year after year and are quick to make the "new arrivals" feel part of their circle of friends. Although the motel is older, it is clean, the beds are very comfortable, you're within walking distance to the beach and some great dining spots. A major grocery chain is also within walking distance. If you decide to make Tropicare Resort your vacation destination, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sandra D
Reviewed March 19, 2017

Spent a few nights (too many!) with my friend Tiffany who also booked here. She's not to blame, of course - who would have thought it won't be ok, after reading the positive feedback and ignoring the few negative reviews (big mistake).After seeing the place, I can tell you the positive feedback comes from the long term guests that live here all year round. For the price, you can go a few blocks further and book a quiet and cheaper appartment.
Very loud during the day, but we thought hey, we will be at the beach anyway. Which we did, fortunately the weather was great. When the night comes, looks like our neighbours wanted to party - not once, not twice, but 3 nights in a row! Nevermind the fact that they drink beer at 8 am (that's breakfast?), nevermind the fact that they dry their laundry on our chairs right outside our door. When politely asking them not to be so loud after midnight, the answer that came was so rude that Tiffany was afraid to even reply anything. When trying to tell the owner what our problem was, he laughed in our face and said ''you are on vacation, have some fun!'' OMG, we did have fun, but outside this motel, and when we came back at night we wanted also to HAVE SOME SLEEP during the night. That's why you pay for a motel room, right?! otherwise you'd sleep at the beach...Spare your money and time and book somewhere else!
Oh, forgot to mention the place is pet friendly, so prepare to share the swimming pool with some dogs.
Also, if you want to check your email, forget about it. Internet works like it's 1993...

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends