Blue Strawberry by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$63
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

Castle by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$72
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Best Florida Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$64
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

Shore Haven Resort Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$91
Dolphin Harbor Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)
US$58
Great Escape Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$89
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

Sea Garden by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)
US$65
Blue Seas Courtyard(Lauderdale by the Sea)
US$160
Hotwire.com
Coral Key Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$159
Hotels.com
Sea Lord Hotel & Suites(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$108
Travelocity
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

All reviewsnice poolcomfortable roomminute walkwithin walking distancemistytowelspublixbeachgrillsea
Reviewed October 8, 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Tropicaire Motel and decided to book the following year. We gave them a $300 deposit with the acknowledgement that if my wife's cancer treatment prevented us coming , we would get a refund. We let the management know 4 months in advance that the treatments would prevent us from going. After 2 years of phone calls and messages left we have still not gotten a refund or a return call.
Whatever you do, do not leave a cash deposit because you will never see the money in a refund.
Find another motel nearby. There are many and they are competitively priced.

Room Tip: Choose a different Motel.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank William H
Reviewed October 1, 2017

I have spent 6 years at this motel with 3 different owners during the years. This season 2017, it's a new owner (that I never met) and the same manager Misty.
Previous owner Lars did all the nice upgrades to this motel :)
I know many regulars have left the motel to stay elsewhere in 2018, so this time I decided to contact the motel way ahead, before making my flight reservation. After 3 mails and serveral phonecalls, NO respons!!
I had to confirm my booking before the end of September, so I saw no other choice than to cancel my reservation to have the possibility to get my deposit back. I did send a cancelation mail (still NO respons!!) so I guess I just have to wait and see.
When I paid my deposit last year, I was also (as many others) told that it would be no problem to get the deposit back, if I would have to cancel.

With all my tries to contact the motel, it is possible the motel is CLOSED, as no one is responing mail or phone calls!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank MissSax
Reviewed August 7, 2017

We loved the resort. We(my husband and I) were there for 2 nights. The room was ready when we arrived, everything there was very clean. The people that work there, especially Misty, were very kind. Misty treated us like family. The pool and other areas of the resort were clean; the barbecue service was available. We enjoyed our stay. We recommend the Tropicaire Resort as a nice place to spend fabulous days with family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuisEily
Reviewed July 6, 2017

We stayed for 7 nights the last week of June. As a budget conscious family traveling with a 5yo and almost 2yo, we don't pay for or expect the best, but we do expect to get what we pay for and what is presented to us as part of our stay. That being said, here are the positives and negatives:

POSITIVES:
Nice pool and cozy court yard

Nice room (201) with plenty of room for our 4 person family, and roof patio right outside the door - room has a fridge, microwave, broken but functional toaster, plates, cups, supplies to wash the dishes, and a nice bathroom

Very comfortable beds

Great location: 2 short blocks from the beach, 1 longish block from a shopping plaza with a supermarket (Publix), Dunkin Donuts, a Dollar store, a liquor store, and other various stores, and approximately 7-8 minute walk to the center of town

Beach towels, umbrellas, and chairs to use for the beach

Playpen provided upon request

Flexible check-in and check-out

NEGATIVES:
Garbage cans in the courtyard left full for days

No room cleaning/maid service, at all, not even once, despite the poster in the room advertising daily service consisting of: making bed, mopping, garbage removal, & cleaning (except Mondays)

Bed sheets unchanged all week

Needed to search for clean towels, despite poster in room saying towels would be changed 3x a week

The housekeeper/maid took our garbage out one time the entire week. When my husband had enough and went to bring the garbage downstairs to "nudge" the housekeeper into action, she called him to follow her and bring it out to the street, while she comfortably strolled and smoked a cigarette.

The housekeeper appeared to spend the majority of her time sitting in the shade smoking cigarettes.

The wifi didn't work in our room, but did work in the courtyard

While Misty (property manager) was perfectly pleasant, she didn't appear particularly effective when it came to cleaning/overseeing cleaning, and management of long term guests allowed to stay there.

There was at least one, maybe a few more long-term guests paying by the week. One of them actually had the nerve to offer to sell us drugs (cocaine) in front of our kids while we were trying to enjoy the pool.

Very smoker friendly, though not allowed in the rooms. Not particularly a negative or positive for us, but beware to those it may bother, there is frequent cigarette smoking in the courtyard by staff and visitors.

Overall, it wasn't the worst or the best place, but would have been much better if it were cleaner. There are other places in the area with comparable prices and better service, so we don't plan to stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017
6  Thank Katherine R
Reviewed June 19, 2017

Spent many years at this motel.. Over the last ten years we experienced 3 owners. This season 2017 we-experience a new owner & same manager Misty .We noticed the deteriation of the hotel . Examples are the lack of cleanness of the rooms and the outside grounds. Policy's of housekeeping not being followed such as clean towels and dirty ones not being removed daily from our rooms .Thefloors should have been cleaned daily and trash removed. Which was not done . After leaving a deposit for the 2018 season we decided to look elsewhere.
We gave notice of cancellation on April 11, 2017 11 months notice. Misty has repeatedly lied about the whereabouts of the refund checks. It is now June 19 2017 and we still do not have our money. poor business practice. I WOULD NOT STAY HERE they lie and take advanantage of retired people.

Room Tip: It is a matter of taste
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple