My husband and I found this place online and called to book it. Pictures online looked ok, but they must have been 15 years old. Maria, who we spoke to and checked us in was very nice, but the place was very old, run down, dirty and not what it looked like online. The price was high for the shape of the establishment.
The floors were filthy, the kitchen grimy, ( had to wipe out fridge and counters. Top of fridge wasn't cleaned for months). Bathroom was a bit scummy and bed sheets were stained. The pool area was slum looking and the BBQ grill was gross and the lid was broken off. They desperately need some good housekeepers and a handy man around there.
We stayed the first night, and had to find a new place to stay as I felt so dirty and icky and couldn't stay any more. We checked out, canceled out stay and checked into another place way better for a bit more money per night.
Upon checking out I was informed that this was the cleanest hotel on the strip. Seriously, they need to check out some of the other places, as this was by far a clean place!
I can't handle ick, and this place was just that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious one bedroom apartments with full kitchen; can accommodate up to 4-5 people. only steps to the beach; walking distance to stores and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Dee Jay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dee Jay Beach Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Dee Jay Beach Resort Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida