“We keep going back”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Known for serving the freshest Tex-Mex food and world famous Smack My A** & Call Me Sally! hot sauce.
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

Very good because of friendly helpful service, fresh ingredients, & consistantly good food. I suggest eating nachos there don't get to go but something like a burrito is great on the go. Try their variety of sauces but beware you will pay around $10 for everything you order. One reason is you can't order just a burrito. ..it is a meal and comes with chips so you pay for item you may not want or need.

Reviewed June 22, 2016

I was here for lunchtime on "Taco Tuesday" with two other friends. I really HATE to leave a bad review for a restaurant, because I know we are all just trying to make it in life, BUT I have to say I only WISH my chicken burrito looked like the one here in TripAdvisor's website. The 'real life' version was awful! The tortilla was hard and I'm not sure by what means they even got it wrapped around the chicken (perhaps a 5 second vice??). There was nothing soft about this burrito! I finally just got tired of fighting with it and opened it up and ate the little bit of contents out of it (and left the shell). Since I've never been in this chain before, I ordered side orders of guac, cheese sauce and salsa to go along with my chips. I had a bottle of water. $12 later and I am still very disappointed (a day later) ... I won't be back.

TijuanaFlats, Marketing at Tijuana Flats, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2016

Hi Caylyn. Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the disappointment during your visit. We would like to make it up to you. Please e-mail us at social@tijuanaflats.com so that a member of our operations team can reach out to you.

Reviewed April 4, 2016 via mobile

The staff is always friendly and efficient. The food is fresh and good. Fun atmosphere. When dining in the staff consistently refreshes our drinks and asks if we need anything. Great value for family dining. Love the burritos.

Reviewed March 10, 2016

I liked the way I could pick and choose what I wanted. Staff was friendly and very cooperation. Food was decent for a small Mexican restaurant. We all enjoyed what we ordered.

Reviewed December 6, 2015

Didn't realise there was no table service, but that does not detract from the quality and variety of food. The sauce bar is a great idea, and we ceryainly tried a couple.