“Always good!”

Chicano Express Mexican Grill
Ranked #31 of 93 Restaurants in Lauderhill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 April 2015

Great flavors. The first time I started with the chips and guacamole and a horcharta drink. OMG, one of the best horcharta I have had in a very long time. Then when my humongous Pachuco burrito with pork came, I ordered a Jamaica drink (made from Hibiscus). The burrito was delicious and flavorful with red and green peppers, caramelized onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, pinto beans, and a flavorful sauce. The pork was very tender and well seasoned! Then the Jamaica drink, which was freshly brewed, was so refreshing.

Being a big eater, I was more than full. The portions are huge, the food is excellent, and the prices are way inexpensive. The food and drink are all fresh, but most of all, the owners and staff were extremely friendly and provided excellent customer service. ¿muchas gracias Jorge?

I would have to agree with others, I hope that this place will be around for a very long time.

I have been back several times since they have opened. Each time we try something different, and have not been disappointed yet. Customer service is always on point.

The name has changed to Chicano Mex Grill

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The guacamole and salsas are authentic and fresh. The horchata is like mothers milk only sweeter and the carnitas were exactly how they should be.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

They make custom huge burritos here. They don't speak good English so if you don't know some Spanish your order maybe messed up. The food is ok.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I wanted Mexican, it was right around the corner and my friend recommended it so I went.

He raved about the burger and how good it was but I was thinking more along the lines of tacos so I got a beef Burrito. It was a generous size and stuffed with plenty of meat but I didn't really like it. I can't pinpoint what I didn't like, but I felt like something was missing - more seasoning, more cheese, perhaps. It was fresh and had all the fixing for something great; my tastebuds just weren't agreeing.

So back to the burger that my friend was raving about. Those that love the egg on top of their burger may be impressed, but those like me, who don't like a burger full of sauces to the point that your bread becomes a soggy mess will be less impressed. I found it to be very average at best, but if an egg and a good size meat patty is what you are going for, you will be satisfied.

The restaurant decor isn't very inviting (extremely dull and plain), but the staff is very friendly and warm. The potential is there and I can see why people like this place, just for whatever reason, I didn't.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

The food was average. The chicken was gummy and fatty. There was hair in my food and I didn't bother to complain. The beans were good. The counter lady is extremely friendly. The food was actually pretty bad and I would not go back ever again.