“Wrong people for the job.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
“Wrong people for the job.”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Was booked online, and had worked out the deal with them, and the re-nigged on the deal just like I knew they would cause they are shady people. Room is terrible non smoking room that we had, had cigarette burns in the blankets. Tv was messed up and only a few channels to choose from not worth the Stay. I will never stay here again and will let everyone I know that to avoid this place.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sapperkidd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This place is not good.

Management is very pushy here. Not helpful at all. They also photo copy your credit card and license and write all the info of the CC in a blank sheet of paper at check in for " incidentals ". This is very unprofessional and a easy way to get one's info stolen. Needless to say I cancelled my credit card after seeing such thing. The hotel seems to be owned by the manager who is on the property 24/7 always watching what the guest are doing in a very uncomfortable way.

Rooms are halfway decent, not good not bad. wiFi works which is a plus.

All and all the hotel is NOT worth the hassle of having one's info stolen because they decide to write everything on paper and photo copies.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank SoLaras
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Booked on-line. Rates were great. Pictures of hotel made it look like it was an OK place for the price. Front desk folks seemed eager to help, but when I got to the room I knew it wasn't even worth the price I had paid. Bed sagged on one side, pulled back the bed cover (the only part of the bed that presented well) to find old, nubby sheets over an extra bed pad that hid a big hole in the side of the bed exposing the mattress innards. Could not turn on shower - handle was frozen and I didn't want to force it. Air conditioning was clunky and louder than the usual. I eventually just turn it off. Had to unplug the refrig - it also made loud noises. Tried to use the internet - they advertise that they offer it - to find that I could not get on. Phone had some problems with calling out. I ended up taking the top sheet (softer than the bottom one) and double folded it as a sleeping bag. Cars and trucks were coming an going during the night - I hardly slept at all. Had booked for 2 nights but just dumped it the next morning and swallowed the loss. If I could give it a worst than terrible review I would.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank mtmamma
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 25 September 2011

The family that ran this motel was very friendly and helpful. I needed help with a computer in booking a flight and the kids, on their own computer, did this for me. The wife was very helpful in giving me directions to various places. The rooms were clean and having a mini-fridge was nice. The price was unbelieveable inexpensive. Where I live, the price would at least be double what I paid. With all of the personal help they gave me , it was like staying at a relative's place j

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Kathryn N
Tarpon Springs
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My room & bath room were clean - and - had NO smell when I entered. Finally a non-smoking room that didn't smell like smoke!!! Check-in was a bit slow as the young man seemed confused. Overall the experience was fine. Sleep quality was good and there were plenty of pillows. The towels also had some body to them. There were about 40 TV channels as well as HBO and a microwave, refrigerator & hair dryer in the room. Breakfast was the typical Days breakfast. The pool looked nice but I didn't use that or the internet.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank MJGoldfarb
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I was trying to locate a friend that was staying at this hotel. When I called the front desk, "Yogi"(this was the name he gave me), was rude and didn't won't to help me. He said he was the manager and slammed the phone down on me. When I called back I ask if he had hung up on me and he said "yes" and hung up again.

Not a nice man. Don't expect to have your questions answered.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Doogahw
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Based on some other reviews, I thoroughly checked the sheets, mattress, and headboard for any sign of bugs. I did not find any. The room was reasonably clean. The mini-fridge ran but didn't keep things very cold. The pool had been closed by the county. The hotel was okay if you just need a place to sleep for a few days. Don't expect much but it's adequate for basic needs.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Irishssa1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
8.5 km away
8.4 km away
Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares
9.1 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!