“Amazing Food, Superb Selection, Excellent Service”
Review of Gateway to India

Gateway to India
Ranked #14 of 158 Restaurants in Longwood
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wayman/Oxford-One block west of Hwy 17-92
Description: The Culinary Mystique of North IndiaGateway To India is pleased to present a wide selection of Indian haute cuisine from the finest and freshest ingredients. The menu offers a welcomed change from the ordinary that is not only pleasing to the palate,but a healthy alternative as well.Gateway To India offers two locations in Central Florida, Orlando Internation Dr at I Drive and suburb of Orlando, Historic Town of Longwood. Chef Kapoor is the original owner and Executive Chef and GM former employee of Darden Restaurants Inc, Shivani Kapoor,runs as a family owned business.Gateway To India Open 7 Days a WeedDine In -Take Out-DeliveryDaily Lunch BuffetA La carte Dinner
Reviewed February 20, 2017

I dine here at least once per month with my friends from Great Britain. The servers are very polite and friendly, and the atmosphere quiet and reserved. I have had every dish on the menu and have been delighted each time. I highly recommend the chicken tikka masala, chicken makhani, lamb korma, lamb saag, and lamb vindaloo. All of their breads are just delicious, particularly the fried ones. In terms of appetizers I would suggest the onion bhajia and the mulligatawny soup. Their mango lassi is just marvelous.
I have never tried the buffet ,so I can't say anything about that. I can't recommend this restaurant enough.

1  Thank LitProfessorRoxana

Reviewed February 14, 2017

We lived on the Indian Subcontinent for many years and love Indian food so we were pleased to find this restaurant just north of Orlando. The atmosphere was pleasant and the server we had was friendly and solicitous. We ordered tandoori dishes, and the best was the chicken tikka masala, which is one of their signature dishes. The dishes came with rice and daal so there was plenty of food. We also ordered nan--one order is enough for two--which was excellent (!) and a raita to share. The portions were ample so we took some home with us. The food was good and the prices reasonable. This was our first time at Gateway to India but we will definitely go back.

Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

We ordered takeout and it was delicious! We had several heat levels of the butter curry chicken and the hot was hot and the mild was mild. Both were very tasty and came with a generous serving of rice! We didn't try anything else but what we had was delicious!

Reviewed November 16, 2016

The buffet is not large but has a wonderful selection. When I last had lunch there, there were 3 vegetarian items including one lentil and one spinach, two chicken dishes, and one goat, all very good. They always have rice, tossed salad, and a dessert pudding (mango) on the buffet. And there are several dressings/sauces as well. Each item is identified by name and ingredient. Everything is clean and fresh. Our server kept fresh water on the table.

Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

This was our first time to try Indian food, and we were very pleased.

Vic was our server and he was both attentive and helpful.

We started with a Gateway Platter appetizer to try a variety of items. It was good, but most of the items were fried except for the chicken, so we probably won't get it again.

For our main courses, my wife ordered the Chicken Tikka Massala and I got the Lamb Tikka Massala. We both ordered them hot (not Indian hot), and they were very tasty. I might order medium next time just so I could a little more of the flavor and less of the heat.

The prices were very reasonable. All in all a very nice experience.