Review Highlights
Abandoned Railway in BC

Reviewed August 27, 2018
Jo-ann & Bob R
Surrey
STOP NOW! "Hidden gem" is an understatement!

Reviewed August 1, 2018
Jason H
Kelowna, Canada

All reviews on display museum history railway artifacts caboose station spot mile kvr buffs admission past lady
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Our trip to the Midway Museum was a fantastic walk back in time. With a fully restored caboose and original station with period furniture and equipment the railway fantasy came to life. The museum has a wonderful collection from the surrounding ranching and farming community. The covered, outdoor equipment display is second to none to see our BC equipment history on display.

1  Thank Jo-ann & Bob R
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Based on the previous reviews, I was looking forward to something special. However, I didn't see anything that sets this apart from the many old railway stations throughout BC. If you haven't seen a CP station or caboose before, this will interest you. Similarly, some of the old farm machinery is worth a look. So, if you are driving by anyway.......

1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed August 1, 2018

I've passed by this spot multiple times over the years always thinking I needed to stop in. This time I made a specific trip to come here and I was not disappointed! For a small museum; it's clean, very well maintained, clearly marked and labelled artifacts, and courteous and welcoming staff on premises. Admission costs were surprisingly inexpensive. Being a history junkie (especially local BC history) I was in my element. This spot was "Mile 0" for the KVR Railway. Much of BC history originated from here! I highly recommend taking the time and stopping on. Just be sure and check their website before hand for opening times and dates.

1  Thank Jason H
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

On our annual cross country motorcycle trip I happened to pull into this parking lot. My wife decided we should visit the museum. I am glad we did. The displays were professionally arranged and labeled. The artifacts were very interesting. I especially enjoyed touring the actual caboose and the rail road office. It was like stepping back in time. The staff were very friendly. We would recommend checking this museum out. Travel safe...

2  Thank Fred N
Reviewed July 4, 2018

This is a nice stop on Hwy 3 with a great collection of historical artifacts. People behind this museum have clearly went at great lengths to preserve even the smallest artifacts like matchboxes and mails. I would highly recommend paying a visit when in the Kettle Valley.

2  Thank drnpharm
Reviewed November 12, 2017

On our vacation we stopped in to see this place. What we found was a gem . It’s a small place but it has so much history packed into it. From bunk house which you cannot enter but peer into it only to how the RCMP were involved here etc . It’s a pioneers history for all of history buffs to enjoy. We will come e back oh did I mention there is a tree they have which is 100 years old . The place is not hard to find at all . The beautiful lady that gave us our chat is very knowledgeable and full of so much of the history. Admission is 5.00 and there is lots of parking available to.

1  Thank Marie J
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I finally had the time to stop in and check this place out. I must've driven past this museum 100 times but was always either working or in a rush to get to Point B. I'm so glad that I did. What a treat. Very well maintained and a great collection. Do yourself a favour and check out this museum.

1  Thank Saint_Johnny
Reviewed August 25, 2017

We stopped here on the way back east, having ridden the Kettle Valley Railway in Summerland the day before. And earlier in our trip we'd learned at Fort Steele about the role of the RCMP in securing the border. It seems the KV Railway also played a role in fending off encroachment from the south; you'll find evidence of this in the exhibit about the "first battle of Midway".
This is a nice little museum, with most of the railway-related exhibits in the old station building; the main museum building contains a very eclectic range of objects.

1  Thank HertfordRoadRunners
Reviewed June 2, 2017

We almost drove by this Museum without stopping, but decided at the last moment to check it out. Although it is not a large museum, we found the displays more interesting than you'd expect for a small town like Midway. We learned a lot about the Kettle Valley Railroad, which is a major feature. It took us about an hour to go through and was defintely worth the $5 admission fee.

We were glad we stopped.

1  Thank CoolCouple99
Reviewed February 28, 2017

We were at the early stages of our first-ever summer holiday. We had heard about "the railway museum in Midway" for years. Finally we were near it - and actually zipped by it on the highway and came back. The indoor displays were great. However, what really impressed us were the outdoor displays. We ended up spending part of the afternoon which probably set us back on our trip but we were so happy to have stopped here. The lady who was in charge was great and well informed. In all, a real jewel of a place. Thank you!