Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jason M
Vancouver, Canada

Very clean

Review of Mile Zero Motel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 23, 2019
It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere but a great choice. We had a family member stay here while we camped nearby, the rooms and property were very clean and staff very friendly. The restaurant downstairs were closing as we arrived but were very nice to whip something up quickly as there are no other options.
Date of stay: July 2019
48.0 km from Mile Zero Motel
50.1 km from Mile Zero Motel
48.6 km from Mile Zero Motel
View more hotels in Midway
All reviews the owner a great place to stay motel microwave dishes
Selected filters
Reviewed June 7, 2019

I found the customer service to be disappointing. When calling to book the front desk person came across quite rude. I asked if there was a government rate available and In a rude tone was asked are you here on government business? I explained that I was a government employee, but was again asked in an even sharper tone, but are you HERE on government business? I answered no. When we checked in, I went into the office while my husband waited in the truck as it was raining. When my husband and daughter got out, she said in a very rude tone -how many people? he replied 3, and she said I she was told 2. At no point did We say we only had 2 people so I certainly felt like we were being accused of lying.

On a more positive note the Rooms were simple but clean. The attached diner was awesome with very friendly staff and great service.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Vickie K, Owner at Mile Zero Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2019

Sharlene at no time was I intending to be rude. As I'm sure you'll recall the connection we had was poor, as happens on cell phones in the mountains. Unfortunately most people including myself tend to speak louder and firmer when faced with poor cell connection, as though doing so will make the connection better. As for the government rate the question was repeated because you repeated you are a government employee, I assumed you did not here my question the first time. We do in fact offer government rate for employees here to work, as in our opinion essentially it is the tax payer paying for that room. We do not offer it to government employees here on a personal stay as that seems unfair to us that personal stays should be discounted simply because you work for the government. There are numerous other industries with employees who would like or could use a discounts as well, but get none.

As for the number of occupants, it was in fact asked " two beds, two guests" yes was your response. You were then asked next "any pets" no was your response. Again I go back to the poor cell reception at the time.

I'd also like to share that as a government employee you have full online access to the approved government accommodations and their pricing. I will not post that link here but you can request that link from the government branch that employs you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

This motel is right on the highway and because of the paper thin walls you can hear everything including the conversation in the room next door! Difficult to sleep with such noise defiantely would not recommend this place for a good nights rest. Much better places for similar or better value on the area. Also the carpet looks like it was cut out of someones old basement? Not finished on the edges and a repaired cut square out of it?

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo

Sir your review takes me by surprise as it is the exact opposite of what we hear on a daily basis. We in fact are told how queit the rooms are, and how restful guests slept. The building is cinder block construction and all beds and windows are on the opposite side of the highway. Highway noise is not a factor here. However I will not dispute that on lovely warm April evenings that some of our guests are enjoying the deck outside the rooms. Some guests even stay inside the rooms but open the windows to enjoy the clean mountain air. As it was well before 9 PM none of our guests or our staff found any reason to be concerned that noise levels were in excess. Both guests and staff were surprised that you found it necessary to knock on other guest doors at 8:45 pm to ask when they were going to bed. We have several types of industry workers, including your industry, who choose to stay here because of the comfort, clean and queit accommodations.

As for the carpet, I can assure you it is not cut out of some basement, it was however very poorly installed by others and is pulling out of the transition pieces, we are working on that.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

What a pleasant surprise- Nice motel, clean and spacious kitchenette, and great old style roadside restaurant, Vicki was so friendly and accomodating, she even stored our bicycles in her shop, thanks very much!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful little motel, super clean & comfortable rooms, nice television, great A/C, fridge /w freezer in the room for storing treats & medications, coffee maker and a well stocked with travel needs bathroom. The owners are welcoming and kind, they take care of the rooms themselves so you can be assured they are up to standards! The motel has a nice little outdoor patio and a sweet little diner with great, homemade food and lots of it and the diner prices are very reasonable! The motel is convenient to a service station as well as grocery & liquor store and just around the corner is a park on the river! The price of the motel is very good and we will definitely return here annually!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Vicky was friendly and informative while booking us in. It is an older motel but well looked after. Room was small but very clean and comfortable. Came with a microwave, toaster oven, refrigerator and dishes. They have patio with a barbeque as well. Bed was comfortable. There are also several chairs and tables outside the rooms that you can sit and view the mountain across the highway. I don't think you could find a better place for the money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple