Lol.travel
Bonnie Z

A great place to stay!

Review of Mile Zero Motel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 18, 2022via mobile
This motel is perfectly situated and has everything you need. The rooms are immaculate with a nice sized fridge, microwave, dishes and full sized coffee pot. The beds are very comfortable and the views are spectacular. The owner (Vickie) is very accommodating. She really cares about her motel and it shows. We happened on this stay by chance, and would definitely book here again in the future. 5 stars.
Date of stay: July 2022
  • Priceline
  • Lol.travel
25.1 km from Mile Zero Motel
View more hotels in Midway
All reviews the owner a great place to stay motel microwave dishes
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2021 via mobile

My mom had booked a reservation at this motel, and we called once we were on our way to Midway to tell them we would be checking in late as we were on our way from Squamish, and upon hearing that we are from Squamish, the receptionist very rudely snapped "You realize that is outside our health zone, right?", and we explained to her that we are there on essential business, and she told my mom that her hotel is 'full of essential workers' (from within your health district?? Right.) and that she could not allow us to stay there without proof of business in Midway, which we do not have because we are there to take the last of the items from a property we just sold there, so the only 'proof' we would be able to provide would be for us to write our own essential services letter, which would not make much sense.

This call all happened on our vehicles Bluetooth and so I heard the whole conversation, and was absolutely furious with the complete disrespect she had towards my mom. We are aware of the PHO's in this province and would not be travelling if we did not have to, but this woman's attitude was so abhorrent and thanks to her complete lack of professionalism, some other hotel will be happily accepting our business tonight.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lmoloney48
Vickie Konkin, Owner at Mile Zero Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2021

I am sorry you felt we were out of line. However let me clarify that you nor your mom had a confirmed reservation at our motel. In fact your mom called in the evening inquiring about available accommodations for that same night. Not only did I not have any availability for the type of room she was looking for but she also stated you would not be arriving until 11 pm, after our front desk would be closed so requiring us to pay someoneto stay late to accommodate you. Though you seem skeptical of us being full of essential workers, let me assure you that being the only available accommodation in our community and only having 10 rooms we are often fully booked, with workers from our region. Had you actually had a reservation booked here we would have honored it. As for my professionalism, protecting the safety of our staff and business is our first order of business. Following the requests of the PHO has been a challenge for all of us it is unfortunate that you felt your reasons for traveling were more important than my staff or business.

Reviewed September 12, 2020

Our van broke down in Midway, BC & along with our travel trailer was towed away to be repaired. Not able to get a ride home to Osoyoos until the next day we went to the Mile Zeo Motel. Vicky went above & beyond to reorganize some accommodations & we had a great night in Midway! A very clean & comfortable room.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Marjorie T
Reviewed August 13, 2019

We stayed here two nights when we biked portions of The Kettle Valley Rail Trail. We highly recommend the motel and the restaurant next to it.
It was one of the cleanest motels we’ve ever stayed in. The bed was comfortable and the accommodations were excellent.
Thank you Vickie for working hard to make this a wonderful place to stay in beauty country.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2019

It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere but a great choice. We had a family member stay here while we camped nearby, the rooms and property were very clean and staff very friendly. The restaurant downstairs were closing as we arrived but were very nice to whip something up quickly as there are no other options.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jason M
Reviewed June 7, 2019

I found the customer service to be disappointing. When calling to book the front desk person came across quite rude. I asked if there was a government rate available and In a rude tone was asked are you here on government business? I explained that I was a government employee, but was again asked in an even sharper tone, but are you HERE on government business? I answered no. When we checked in, I went into the office while my husband waited in the truck as it was raining. When my husband and daughter got out, she said in a very rude tone -how many people? he replied 3, and she said I she was told 2. At no point did We say we only had 2 people so I certainly felt like we were being accused of lying.

On a more positive note the Rooms were simple but clean. The attached diner was awesome with very friendly staff and great service.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Vickie K, Owner at Mile Zero Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2019

Sharlene at no time was I intending to be rude. As I'm sure you'll recall the connection we had was poor, as happens on cell phones in the mountains. Unfortunately most people including myself tend to speak louder and firmer when faced with poor cell connection, as though doing so will make the connection better. As for the government rate the question was repeated because you repeated you are a government employee, I assumed you did not here my question the first time. We do in fact offer government rate for employees here to work, as in our opinion essentially it is the tax payer paying for that room. We do not offer it to government employees here on a personal stay as that seems unfair to us that personal stays should be discounted simply because you work for the government. There are numerous other industries with employees who would like or could use a discounts as well, but get none.

As for the number of occupants, it was in fact asked " two beds, two guests" yes was your response. You were then asked next "any pets" no was your response. Again I go back to the poor cell reception at the time.

I'd also like to share that as a government employee you have full online access to the approved government accommodations and their pricing. I will not post that link here but you can request that link from the government branch that employs you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.