Review Highlights
Perfect way to view the iconic NFLD seabirds and whales, while respecting their right to space

My husband and I love nature and especially whales, but I have turned down tours in the past that I... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
NeverDoubt
Montreal, Canada
Awesome Tour

My oldest son, 23, and I visited for 4 days in mid-August. He is graduating next April in... read more

Reviewed September 6, 2018
Teresa C
via mobile

All reviews bald eagles awesome tour see whales small size small boat once in a lifetime passengers birds thousands captain guide company newfoundland cruise harbour
Reviewed July 23, 2015

My friends and I were passing through the area, hiking the East Coast Trail, and some people we met in a coffee shop recommended Molly Bawn to us as "an opportunity not to pass up".

We took these words seriously, and booked a tour. Could not be more pleased with our experience! We were lucky enough to see a few species of whales, and not to mention the massive puffin population on the island!

But thanks to Janine (sp?), we were able to learn a ton about the whales while searching for them. She was very knowledgeable and obviously loved what she does. I also appreciated the respect that Molly Bawn paid to the wildlife. We approached the whales slowly and were careful not to disturb them.

Even if we hadn't had the once in a lifetime to be curiously approached by a group of whales, the experience itself was worth the time and money. Cordial and organized staff, safe boat, and a care for the wildlife we were searching for.

Great time! I'd highly recommend it!

3  Thank MeganTalbz
Reviewed July 23, 2015

Super knowledgable and friendly crew! Boating towards the puffin island felt like something out of National Geographic. And we were in a pod of humpback whales!

1  Thank Kelsey C
Reviewed July 21, 2015

This experience was amazing, for a multitude of reasons. Our guide was a great sharer of her knowledge on the behavior both of whales and waterfowl, and could spot every appearance of the humpbacks and minkes that came into near or far view. Her love for the job was also obvious. And she kindly warned us of the hilarious danger of staring slack-jawed into the sky full of awesome birds. So neat. We encountered Mike, the company's owner, and were also blown away by his kindness and dedication to our comfort. Thank you for this part of our trip to the East Coast Trail from Arizona!

Reviewed July 13, 2015

Knowledgeable biologist guide; good value; gets close to islands - great for birds; very friendly team on board; small groups - no jostling with big crowds

Reviewed January 16, 2015

This whale watching boat was a GREAT one! We saw plenty of humpback whales, puffins, razor bills, muirs, kittiwaks, bald eagles and even dolphins! We took the boat in late June 2011 (Ignore below that it says 2014) and have kept in touch with them ever since!! HIGHLY recommend if you are in Newfoundland!

Date of experience: June 2014