“Blackened Chicken”

Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Voted Best Grouper in the South...Southern Living Magazine, DuPont Registry, Best Grouper Sandwich!Now open for Breakfast: Saturdays 7:30am-10:30am • Sundays 8:am-11am
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

Really low key place, with good food. The blackened chicken, waffle fries, & onion rings were great.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,451)

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

First the good. My wife ordered the char grilled jumbo shrimp. It was excellent. In fact my wife raved about how good it was. The shrimp were good size and the portion was adequate. I tasted one of hers and I agree they were very good. The slaw and waffle fries were also very good.
Now for the bad. Fried sea scallops were horrible. Although tender and lightly battered, they did not taste like real sea scallops. In fact I am not sure what they tasted like. My fried grouper was thin, dried out and almost tasteless.
Now for some more postives. We met some locals there who said they come there quite frequently and are always very pleased. Also I saw some other dishes and the fried shrimp looked fantastic and the onion rings were the largest I have ever seen and looked very inticing.
Another positive for this place. Our service was great. Very friendly waitress and very attentive despite the place being busy.
In conclusion, I would give this place another try and just pass on the grouper and scallops. I noticed in some of the reviews other people had similar experiences with these items.

1  Thank tyndalle
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

We stop here every year. Staff isn’t really outgoing which is fine we came to eat , not to be bothered every five minutes. Cole slaw , fries and the biggest shrimp you will find . Next time I am getting the onion rings! They were huge!
Small place but good food

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

The place inside is relaxed and kind of small, but there are good kids choices and our service was great. We split the grouper and the bisque. The bisque was outstanding, so much seafood and not too heavy on the cream. I would love to go back! The kids enjoyed a decent variety, including grouper bites, which looked delicious.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Again and again and again. It is worth the trip just to eat there. Just a hole in the wall, but very clean and always busy.

Date of visit: September 2018