“Not Just a Sunny name”

Bistro Soleil at the Olde Marco Inn
Ranked #28 of 122 Restaurants in Marco Island
Price range: US$23 - US$35
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated. French cuisine and seafood specialities creatively prepared by award winning chef Denis Meurgue. Relax and enjoy your home away from home. Step back into history at the jewel of the island. Celebrate in our beautiful and charming atmosphere. If you are looking for a quick bite to eat, we will gladly oblige but the norm for us is not to rush our guests. In addition to our extensive wine list, we offer a full bar and have entertainment in our bar. Please call for details.
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Located in the Olde Marco Hotel, Bistro Soleil is anything but old. We were greeted and seated immediately upon arrival and being a Saturday evening, glad we had reservations. Our tour guide sat us at a nice cozy table and I say tour guide due to there are many rooms and you almost need a map. Anyhow, this was the first night for our server, Alex, and we let him know this was our first night there as well, so don’t be nervous. Alex went over the daily specials and took our drink orders, which arrived promptly. The menu names are in French, but the descriptions are in English. The first course choices were the tomato basil soup and county pate. The soup was extremely flavorful and presented much like a French onion crock as it had melted cheese over bread on top of the soup. The pate was served traditional style with crostini, shallot/fig marmalade and cornichons. The entrees included a house salad which came dressed with a black peppercorn and garlic vinaigrette, which had the consistency of a Caesar style dressing. We ordered one entree from the daily specials, which was the blue cheese and bacon topped filet. It was accompanied by potatoes and a vegetable mix that included broccoli, haricot vert, and red pepper slices. There was also a fantastic wine reduction under the filet. The second entree was the rack of lamb. If ordering this, please bring your appetite. When the plate of 8 lamb chops arrived, it looked great. The 8 chops were nestled over a lovely demi glacé and the same vegetable combination mentioned with the filet special. Mint jelly was offered and accepted. The unfinished portions were boxed as the entrees were good size and we did want room for dessert. The creme brûlée was prepared in the normal French style and was extreme good and a great ending to our meal. The key lime mousse made with yogurt and sour cream while topped with a raspberry purée and tasty doesn’t even begin to describe how good it was. We will be back.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This was the first time we had visited Bistro Soleil as we have not visited Marco Island for a few years.We were really impressed.Lots of choice and the food was to die for.My husband had Liver and he thought it was superb.I had a steak and our daughter had fish.
Everything was great.Lisa was very welcoming and attentive. Dennis the chef came to say hello and we felt valued.It is an old historical building with a lovely ambience.
Service was excellent and we were not rushed at all.
A return visit next time we visit Marco is essential.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

This s certainly one of our favorite restaurants and easily the nicest restaurant to enjoy a meal and not be crowded next to another party. The tables are placed so that no one sits besides you. This leads to a far more private and intimate setting. The food and service has always been impeccable. My wife and I really enjoyed the grouper entree with large lumps of crab meat and a decadent lemon and butter sauce. We order this dish often. My adult grandson ordered the steak frites medium rare and he said it was perfectly cooked to temperature and was tender and flavorful, especially with the peppercorn sauce. My daughter a vegetarian ordered the Brie en Croute, a house salad, and the tomato soup finished with a blue cheese topping. She said all were delicious. I would certainly recommend Bistro Soleil to anyone looking for outstanding food and a nice intimate atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

My husband asked me where I wanted to go for my birthday dinner. Having lived here for nearly 20 years, I know all the best restaurants in Naples and Marco Island. THIS is my favorite special occasion restaurant.
The ambience is calming and classy. The historic building is softly lit and pleasant. This place has been visited by presidents and movie stars over the years, a known and respected spot since the early 1900s.
The food is ALWAYS excellent. Chef Denis is an artist. His wife, Lisa, is a welcoming and gracious hostess. They make a great team.
We ordered the Carpaccio appetizer, which was divine; and the amazing brie and mushroom stuffed puff pastry - my mouth is watering at the memory of it.
The simple house salad which accompanies every meal is dressed in a very light, flavorful dressing which we really enjoyed.
For our entrees, we both ordered fish. The grouper was great, the salmon was even better. Tender and moist, not a bit over-cooked.
I've had the lamb chops in the past - tender and delicious. I plan to order the duck next time we go.
DESSERT.... We ordered the creme brulee and the chocolate fondant cake. Both were soooo good.
No matter what you order, I feel confident that it will be perfectly prepared and you will be happy.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Last night we dined at Bistro Soleil, a Marco restaurant at the north end of the island with a French orientation. We are locals who eat our 2x/wk and visit there around once yearly. Since it is ranked in the top 10 on TA, I have sometimes wondered why we don’t go there more often, particularly since the competition on Marco is not especially noteworthy. For sure it is among the top ten, but not when including Naples. The most enjoyable positives include the decor, albeit a bit dated, has a wonderful ambiance, to which the tasteful piano and pan flute artist was a delightful addition. We ate in the library, which has wide table spacing, excellent soundproofing, and comforting decor, including relics of the past: various encyclopedias and travel tomes, circa 1960s. We felt isolated from others there and pampered.
Wait staff were excellent in their level of attentiveness; the owner visited with us 3 times during the course. An Impressive devotion to detail. The onion soup app was very good (4/5*). Salads and house dressing were fine, but unremarkable in terms of textural diversity (3.8/5). The main course menu comprised standard favorites—no complaints, other than a lack of a couple of signature entrees to distinguish this venue from others. My wife and son chose filets, which were fine in terms of tenderness and accuracy of temperature rendering, but were downgraded in terms of external surface crispiness (sorry, a personal bias), and modest aging flavors (4.0/5). The lamb rack that I had was fine (4/5), especially with mint side. Veggies were perfect (4.8/5). Rolls were quite good, as was the Creme Brûlée dessert. Overall, I loved the experience, but there is room for improvement in terms of menu. If I could make some suggestions, I would add some local Gulf entrees. The French have a remarkable tolerance for awful Mediterranean seafood, but we should impose higher standards, given the local abundance of excellent local, healthy seafood, including mahi, gulf flounder (almondine!), tripletail (piccatta?), pompano, snapper, hogfish, etc. To be fair, we did not try the grouper, which is a boring,, coarse local staple, but can be upgraded with innovative recipes (eg, mojo/cilantro). Bottom line: if you don’t want to drive 40’ North to Naples, this is a top 5 pick for Marco, that could move to #1 or 2 with upgrades.