“Disappointed ”

Price range: US$15 - US$37
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tucked away in the northern most point of Old Marco is Cafe de Marco. An intimate bistro/cafe serving the most diverse selection of fresh seafood & other continental specialties since 1983. A favorite amongst locals & seasonal return visitors to Marco Island. Reservations are greatly appreciated. Olde Florida atmosphere in the historic district of Olde Marco. Perfect for an outstanding meal, business, or special occasion. Vast wine selection and beer available. Twilight specials and children's menu available. Owned and operated by same owner & family since starting out in 1983. Our building enjoys a rich piece of Marco history. The Cafe's building was the original quarters for the chamber maids employed by the historic Old Marco Inn just a few yards away. Many years ago the Inn functioned as a "bed & breakfast", and the maids would simply walk to work from our building. This explains the answer to a frequently asked question..."Was this an old house at one time?" Today, step inside to what has been transformed into an islander's tradition for over 30 years. We look forward to serving you soon! ~Sandy Franchino, Owner
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate dinner at Cafe de Marco tonight. I ordered the macadamia nut encrusted grouper. However, when my dinner arrived, I could not cut through the fish with a fork or a knife. Then I found an eggshell under the fruit topping. The staff was very apologetic when I brought this to their attention, and I ordered the lobster bisque instead. However, after we received our bill, it was clear that all I got was an apology for this bad piece of fish, because the restaurant charged me for my soup. So I left with a bad taste in my mouth and will not be back.

1  Thank Kathy T

Reviewed March 25, 2018

The best fish restaurant on Marco. We seem to visit this restaurant every time we come to Marco. The food is excellent! Staff very friendly. You can eat inside or outside in their ‘outdoor garden’ area.. The restaurant is celebrating 35 years of culinary excellence!

Reviewed March 20, 2018

We had a nice meal here our last night on the island. The service was prompt and friendly, and our meals were great. We had a late reservation, so we opted to share appetizers and entrees among the table. Shrimp lenny and clams casino for appetizers, as well as seasme tuna and surf & turf. All was very tasty, however one damper on the meal was how crowded they have the tables. They have squeezed in one too many in one small room, and feel all would benefit from freeing up some personal space for the customers and waiters sake, as they try to maneuver around. The customer behind ours had to shuffle around his seat while eating his meal in order for our waiter to take our order, and did not look too impressed. I felt a little too close to the tables on each of my side while trying to enjoy my meal. Just something I think the managers should consider going forward.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary on Friday evening. And even though we have been coming to Marco for several years, this was the first time at Café de Marco. We had read many reviews of this restaurant but never got around to stopping by. What a mistake on our part! We had asked for a quiet table for two, and much to our surprise our request was accommodated. Our server, Christina, was fabulous. She had champagne sent to our table in celebration of our anniversary which was such a nice surprise and regardless of how busy the restaurant was, she took time to check in on us and was extremely personable. We had the bisque which is the best we have ever eaten, and we ordered their prawns (one of the dishes they are famous for - we now know why!). The food was so good and so filling! Despite the fact that we were full from our dinner, Christina had a dessert sent over and the servers sang ‘happy anniversary’ to us. It was a great evening and one that is now definitely on our list of places to come back to!
Thank you Christina and everyone at Café de Marco for making our evening so special!

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

First time here. Very friendly staff. Good food and shrimps and steak. Large portions as always! No cocktails.. Good experience.