“good broasted chicken & bbq beans”

Hooked Island Grill
Ranked #11 of 19 Restaurants in Matlacha
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: Hooked Island Grill on Matlacha has the best waterfront views in the area. Enjoy one of the many fantastic menu items or chef specials daily. Watch the sunset from our covered deck area, which is actually over the water. Live entertainment nightly, featuring local sounds of the island. Not only will you enjoy our nightlife, but check out our local wildlife, dolphins, manatees, stingrays and an abundance of fish are seen in our waters every day. We are open 11 AM on weekdays and kitchen closes at 9 PM, reservations are excepted for bayside or inside dining. Saturday and Sunday breakfast is served at 8 AM to 11 AM. Breakfast is a local favorite so come early. Whether you come for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, or just drinks on the rail watching an amazing sunset, you'll love Hooked Island Grill on Matlacha.
Reviewed August 1, 2017

Hooked Island Grill, Pine Island Rd., Matlacha, Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chatter.
The food. I had 2 meals from here.
1st a dine in.
I order a cup of the clam chowder,5 bucks. It was thick with taters, clams and even some bacon. You know it was house made the taters were unevenly cut. :-). Nice, a bit mild for me.
Cole slaw a good size portion ,compare to other restaurants around, well balanced tasty.
A fish sandwich. 2 filets...The fish properly fried ,crisp outside ,flaky inside. A stand up bun. The tartar sauce was a mix old skool and new. Good.
2nd meal take home. I was really surprised. I got a biscuit, bbq oven beans and the broasted chicken, dark meat.
The chicken was the best I have had at a local own eatery yet. It was crisp, moist, had flavor and NOT over salted.
The beans were great ,thick, a bit sweet bbq flavor. Almost as good as MY beans.
Biscuit light and flaky with packs of honey & butter included.
Service was attentive.

Reviewed July 27, 2017

Had lunch there today. Ordered Grouper tacos since it was one of fresh fish choices (not many) to choose from. Cost $18 (for one lunch!!). I don't mind spending money when there is value, but tacos were full of soggy cole slaw, dripping from cold, never heated tortillas, I scraped the mess off with the fork and placed grouper back on the cold tortilla and a couple of sauces provided with the meal. I also asked for veggie medley with my order. Oil was so heavy I couldn't eat it. It was like inhaling heavy grease with food on the fork. Really bad.
Ad outside says "new management". Happy hour, etc, etc, According to locals I spoke with since this early afternoon, nothing has changed; they recognized the same owner , He actually (apparently) took my order 10 minutes after arrival and was on the phone, texting, reading, or something, since he never had the time to bring a beer I ordered during the following hour. My friend had fried shrimp and she was embarrassed to admit until later, but they were awful as well. When I asked for the check, the person was very eager to oblige and kept hovering over me until I signed the receipt. I also noticed at the time there was a camera posted on the top of the overhang, apparently to loom over the customers. How sad. The meal costed $40 in total, Money wasted. Don't go!!

1  Thank msabul
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in on our way home for a cold beer and a taco. The view is great. I enjoyed it. The specialty drinks are misleading though. Ill go back. Support the locals!

Reviewed July 19, 2017

We elected to eat outside with a nice breezy spot. Nice views. Took a while for waitress to come out but was happy with service. Food was simply prepared and simply served. Understand this restaurant is under new ownership so they may need to find their exact niche yet.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

We have been here a number of times and the food & service have been outstanding. However tonight it was pitiful. The couple with us ordered crispy fries and they were totally mushy. They would have liked to exchange them but the server was no where to be found basically the entire 1.5 hours we were there. The owner, manager and server never noticed the table of 4 barely half way through the meal with empty drinks???
We barely got a second beer!

1  Thank Locals2

Been to Hooked Island Grill? Share your experiences!