“You Get What You Pay For”

Captain Jimmy's - American Cafe
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Medley
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed June 14, 2018

Worked in the area for years and the place was ok for a once a week visit. New management was a welcome change. Food to get excited about. I lost 17 pounds in 4 months just eating salads two to three times a week. Not the same old specials every Thursday etc. Email notifications of daily specials. Incredibly unique combinations of tastes. Prices increased modestly, but Well worth the extra pennies. If you are hoping for a Jag you can't pay for a Geo. Love it so much had my retirement party there. People are fantastic and Professional! Ate there regularly for 6 months.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

This is definitely a place you will want to revisit. Someone knows what he's doing in the preparation of the food. My husband had the beef and vegetables special of the day and I had the lemon -garlic chicken special. Both were well seasoned but not overwhelming. The portions were very generous . Restaurant was clean- no plastic silverware. The service was excellent. Motto of providing quick service without sacrificing quality, was evident at Captain Jimmy's. Give it a try.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Lazxnil
Reviewed August 3, 2016

I think the title says it all. Bad service...beyond slow. Overpriced food. It was expensive and slow before Keith and Dave sold. It's worse now. Breakfast used to be inexpensive. Now it's just nuts. Egg are cheap...I see no reason why they had to raise the price by a dollar...and now substitute Cuban toast for white toast. I had some type of foreign material in my French dip sandwich the last time I ordered one, and the bacon on my turkey club was burnt the last time I ordered that. 3 times is enough. I won't be going back. Apparently that seems to be the case for many. The place always looks empty now at lunch when I drive by. It's a shame. Medley needs a place that's reasonable and has good food besides the Latin gas stations, pizza, or Subway.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank miami33029
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

This is one of the few nice places around Medley, is ok for a lunch, and great for after office beers with coworkers

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed April 25, 2016

Usually order delivery and, although they lost my order once, I now add a comment when ordering to call me to confirm they received my order. Fast delivery, good food.

Date of visit: April 2016