“Big Boy says, “Fresh Sushi””

Banzai Sushi & Thai Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 506 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Best Sushi and Great Service in Brevard.
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Banzai Sushi & Thai- Melbourne Lake Washington- 4.45 Stars.

If someone had told me 30 years ago that some of the best sushi in Melbourne could be found at a Japanese/Thai restaurant hybrid, I would have laughed in their face and called them a bald liar.

Well, had that occurred, I would be gobsmacked today and apologizing for calling them a liar as I have just had some of the best sushi in Melbourne at a place called Banzai Sushi and Thai (a Japanese/Thai restaurant hybrid). The decor is an ascetic combination of Thai and Japanese art that blends together flawlessly to create a welcoming atmosphere.

My server was an extremely charming fellow from India named Darban. He was exceedingly professional, personable and knew the menu inside and out. Along with an order of my go-to sushi restaurant barometer of a spicy tuna hand roll, I also placed an order for one Four Seasons roll and one JB Roll.

Fresh out of the gate the rubber hit the road as I took a bite into one of the best spicy tuna hand rolls this side of Tokyo. The roll was done to such perfection that it crunched as I bit into it. Hands down, this was one of the better spicy tuna hand rolls I have had and the chef certainly hit it out of the ballpark with this roll.

The Four Seasons roll was an old school roll with three different kinds of masago (smelt roe) on top and scallions, salmon, tuna, escolar and avocado mixed in. The exquisite flavor combination had my taste buds performing an Odori within seconds. Last, but far from least, was my order of the JB roll. I don't know who or what JB is, but they should be proud to have their name associated with this creation of culinary delight. It was a dazzling concoction of salmon, cream cheese, scallions and sesame seeds.

If you're in the mood for an incredibly globalized meal (where else does one find a person from India serving Japanese food in a Thai place?), some old school sushi where the chefs greet each walk in with the traditional, "Irasshaimase" and the owner's wife darts around like a butterfly checking on customers and staff alike, with fish so fresh you can almost see it draw its final breath, then Big Boy says, "Get yourself on over to Banzai Sushi and Thai in Melbourne and soothe your savage beast with some Far East tradition." #bigboydiningout
#iamthebigboy

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Wow what a wonderful surprise! We wanted to try a new place for a nice dinner and we decided to give Banzai a try. We were treated with a warm friendly hello and seated right away ,our server brought out a warm towel and a sample of the banzai salad. The salad was very refreshing and our server was very helpful recommending various dishes and rolls to try . My wife had the black dragon roll and I tried the TGIF roll both were absolutely amazing and of course we order more of the banzai salad . Very happy to have tried such a wonderful place and we will definitely be coming back again and again and we will be recommending this to friends and family.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I love this place because it’s always clean and the food is great. Your always greeted with a friendly smile and a hot towel to clean your hands. The food is spiced just right for enjoyment and always filling. You have to try their mango sticky rice.... yum yum! Great date night location!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 27, 2018

We love Bansai! Never a less than an outstanding meal! Andy and M go out of their way to make everyone welcome. The service is great! The food is so fresh, delicious and beautifully presented. Some of our favorites are the spicy tuna salad, shrimp tempura appetizer, crunchy tuna roll,spring rolls, Thai fried rice and pad Thai. Andy's Kim chi is amazing!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent and the owners are super friendly. I had a nice talk with the owner about Thailand. I hardly recommend to go there.

Date of visit: February 2018