“Couldn't even provide cable TV and internet”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 30 July 2016

My stay was from a Wednesday June 8th until Friday June 17th. On Sunday night when I returned to my room, the internet and TV was out, I was told they were working on it. Monday same thing and same answer. Tuesday, they at least had broadcast TV up, but internet was spotty. I was told Thursday I could leave without penalty, but I was leaving Friday anyway. Too much trouble for 1 day. When I checked out I was told they would talk to management about compensation. I called 3 weeks ago and asked for management, first she insisted she wrote a refund when I was checking out, no refund. Then she said she would write it, but go ahead ans write a good Trip Advisor review for them, but no credit received in 3 weeks. I will never stay there again, even though I plan more visits to that area in the future.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinions. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your needs and did not live up to your expectations. We take pride in our hotel and in providing a great place to stay for so many guests, and I deeply regret that we let you down. If any billing issue remains, please contact us directly for quick resolution. Perhaps you will give us another try in the future so we can do a better job of satisfying you. We’re always working to get better.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Overall you can not beat the price at $60 a night.The furniture is little outdated and could use a touch up on maintenance but I felt it was very clean, and staff were friendly I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m so pleased that you would stay with us again despite a few concerns, and I hope you have the opportunity to do that soon. We take pride in this hotel and its amenities and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I’m glad we could satisfy you, as we do so many others each day. Thanks again for your pleasant feedback.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

So the room was ok and clean. Could tell it was old with wall paper coming off and stains nothing floor and tile. Bathroom wasn't cleaned very well, there was blood on the toilet and the door. My secret be night there I followed 4 cop cars into the parking lot. Luckily they were on the opposite side I was staying on. I only saw the front desk lady and it was the same person when I checked in and when I checked out and she was nice. Not too sure on staying here again if the need arises. Never made it down for breakfast so unsure about that as well.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to offer your comments. I'm glad we met your needs while you were in our area, but I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and fell short in some ways. We take pride in providing a lodging experience that everyone will enjoy, and I regret that we didn't provide you with complete satisfaction. I hope we will still be your first choice in this area in the future, and I hope we can do better for you next time.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Stayed here after leaving the nasty Budget Inn next door.. Very friendly staff, VERY clean. Only issue we had was some jerk throwing firecrackers in the hallway in the middle of the night (It was the 4th of July) but that isn't the motel's fault. Very reasonably priced. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback. I’m glad that our hotel impressed you enough that you would stay with us again. Our goal is to provide an experience worth repeating for every guest, every time. I hope you will tell others about our hotel and make us your first choice in the area for the future. We’ll be here for you, your friends and your colleagues when you need us.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Was in town for a wedding and chose the cheap option. I wasn't a huge fan of this place. It's basically your cheap style motel. Not the cleanest, not the brightest. There's a bar in the front room if you're down for that. Rooms were spacious. Service was friendly enough. Good for people just passing through, but I don't recommend it for people who are vacationing really.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. Our goal is to provide a consistently superior guest experience, and your comments are very important to us. We rely on guests like you to tell us when we’re doing well and when we aren’t so we can get better. If we let you down, I apologize. We have taken note of these comments to make sure we do better than ever for future guests. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Stayed there for almost a week. The room rates we found online for Military were $51, but when we got there they said it was $57 and after taxes it was $67. We brought my 3 year old's service dog and the woman at the front desk gave us SO MANY ISSUES. We told her our dog was a service dog for my autistic son and she demanded to know his licence number. ADA Law for Service Animals says she is NOT allowed to ask that. She yelled at my husband saying they just had a meeting about it and by law you need the licence number and, I quote, "If I find out you are lying I will mark you as DO NOT RENT". So rude. We are NOT staying here again. Our AC was broken. The sink smelled of sewage. The microwave didn't work. The freezer did not get cold and all our frozen food (ice cream for my son) melted. They said they had wifi, but it only worked about 40% of the time and frequently cut out. We were constantly reconnecting. The advertised they had HBO and cable channels (cartoon network, food network, etc), but we only had channels 3, 4, 5, and 6. None of the others worked at all. They have a laminated sign at the front desk saying their TVs don't work. It didn't look like the rooms had been cleaned in a long while. The carpets were stained, needed vacuuming, and the toilet was nasty. I didn't want to sit down. Loud people were sitting outside their rooms or with their doors open, smoking, drinking beer, and shouting... at 4AM. Our son's backpack was stolen from our car as well as my bathing suit bottoms. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable art our hotel where we fully comply with all ADA regulations, even if that displeases the guest. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Although some people think that low-cost equals low-quality, it doesn't have to be that way. The price was good, but for a few dollars more, I could have been in a much better place. The beds were okay, and the furniture was updated. However, the room has ants, peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, dirty grout on the tile flooring, and no cover over light fixture in the bathroom which exposes the fan and the bulb. The room smelled of cigarette smoke, although it's a non-smoking room . If the proprietor really wants repeat customers, he/she can pay for some much-needed upgrades at very low cost to them.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
0.3 km away
14.4 km away
Candlewood Suites Melbourne
Candlewood Suites Melbourne
#17 of 22 in Melbourne

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!