“Unexpected for a Days Inn”
Review of Days Inn Melbourne

Days Inn Melbourne
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I never stop at a Days Inn...They typically have all the things you hate including bugs..This Days Inn should change there name it is so good..Clean, safe, comfortable, hot water anytime, great lite breakfast, nice friendly staff. This is my first review but I felt they deserved it..Stop and look before you rent and you will see...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ChrisAllentown_Pa

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I expected a dive for the price, but was pleasantly surprised: The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, with microwave, fridge, and AC. The staff was helpful and friendly--even the overnight staff. I had to ask some guests to take their party indoors, but they did, and no problems. Didn't use the outdoor pool, but sat next to it to do some work. The breakfast was not elaborate, but adequate.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Belamom
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed here in early August. We could not believe the price (we stayed several days). It was so low we didn't know what to expect. Turned out great from the room to the breakfast, We were very happy. We plan on staying there again in January 2012!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms face the parking lot. Safe and secure.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandee D
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel for a few days while vacationing in Fl. Reading others reviews i was skeptical about booking with this hotel. I do have to say our room was kept tidy and we got clean towels everyday. The noise level was never a problem like others stated. I never once felt unsafe with my 4 yr old. It was well worth the money. Only problem we had was our last day there the maids showed up way too early to clean the room, 9am. felt like we were being rushed out the door when check out isn't till 11. Overall it was a good experience and i would def stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2011

This hotel was a standard Days Inn hotel, mostly clean (but a few hairs missed), lots of free parking, and right next door to a Denny's. There was also a swimming pool. Breakfast was good and they were generous in not clearing it away promptly, allowing us to have a nice leisurely breakfast. The checkout time is 12 noon which also allows for a relaxed morning, perfect for heading down to the beach. There was also free internet access in the lobby, both wifi and a computer.

The only criticism is that the cleaning staff came into the room, before the checkout time, without knocking. My partner was getting dressed and was in just underwear, so we had to shout "no!" to stop them coming in. When I went to the door they asked me if we were checking out, and I said yes we would be checking out and it would be before the checkout time. I found this unnecessary. Nevertheless, this hotel was fine and I would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BigFatTourist
Reviewed 21 May 2011

This was a friendly spot - and a GREAT value for the money. The rooms and hotel were clean and the staff was really helpful. Breakfast was good. I'd choose this location again for the same value.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank MauraCA
Reviewed 25 April 2011

This place is a dump. The rooms are filthy and small really bad. The pool is green and the grounds around the place are unkept. As we drove up we noticed a trailer park across the street and very bad people hanging out. The place is in a very seedy part of town. You will be very afraid for your safty in this place. I did check in and it was nothing like they advertised on line. We spent about 20 minutes in the room while i fought with the peaple at the front desk for a refund. My daughter came out of the room with bites all over her legs. After fighting with the girls at the front desk and having them call the manager 5 times i threatened to call the police and a lawyer and they agreed to refund my money. This was the worst experience i have ever had. Stay clear of this dump.

Room Tip: I strongly suggest you check reviews before you bo
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family