“Good Value, Good Price.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Melbourne

Days Inn Melbourne
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Albuquerque, NM
“Good Value, Good Price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night here, and we were pleased with the accommodations, the price and the staff. The room was clean and comfortable. The toilet didn't completely shut off, but we reported this to the front desk and were assured it would be fixed. There were some noisy guests, especially young people playing in the pool after hours, but eventually everything quieted down. We would recommend it.

Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Brownsville, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Rooms have been recently renovated. Friendly staff. Convenient to I-95.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This place is right off I-95 and I stayed here for over a week. It's a very good value and location is excellent. I read in one review about a trailer park across the street, but there is none to be found.

Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Council Bluffs, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Basic room, poor tv reception, needed some repairs. The service was very good. I'd stay for the night if passing through the area again.

• Stayed February 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I just returned from Melbourne after a five night stay at Days Inn. Because it was President's Weekend, i couldn't get my other choices - closer to where a sick relative was staying. This place is very clean. The staff was extremely nice. The breakfast is basic continental style -nothing is hot except the coffee. It was sold out 3 of the 5 nights. There were a number of repeat customers - always a good sign. It is a Days Inn and is in the style of a motel - so there isn't any privacy with patrons walking by your window. Still - the price was great compared to other locations. The water is approx 5 miles away and another 2 for the beach, however, the driving around town is easy - - one road to the beach which is the same one Days Inn is located; three to the airport, etc. My bed was pretty comfortable with a memory foam topper. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gigi0561
Hampton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

This motel is located very conveniently to I-95, which is one reason we picked it. Also, it got mostly good reviews on here. They weren't wrong. The room we had was very clean and had nice, new furniture in a light, knotty pine in a colonial style, with black handles. NOT the usual dark, modern-style furniture I have seen in most other motels. A very refreshing change. The room came with a fridge and microwave, though we didn't need either.

The bathroom was great--granite walls on all three sides around the tub! My own master bath doesn't even have that! However, I do have one wish--I wish there had been a metal "hand hold" on the wall, for older folks like me (60). There are so many elderly in Florida, I should think this should be a must. But maybe it would crack the granite walls; I don't know.

The continental breakfast was fine, but only had two cereal choices--Frosted Flakes and I think, Special K. I am not a great fan of either, being a Cheerios person--but I made do with the flakes. The cereal, not some people....:-)

The only REAL gripe I had was that the rooms were MUCH too bright at night. We brought a chip clip to use on the curtains, but too much light still came into the room. We put a chair up against the curtain, but the room was still so bright, I could clearly see all the furniture and even make out the pattern on the rug, though I could't quite see colors. I looked outside and if I remember right, there were fluorescent tubes over most of the windows in the motel--most of which were lit. I suppose this was for security reasons, but it was just too bright for my taste. I did manage to sleep fairly well, as the bed was fine--but why did it have to be so BRIGHT??

And, despite what another rater said, this motel is NOT in a bad part of town and we saw no seedy characters of any kind around it.

We would stay here is we went through this way again. It's actually a very good motel and a good value. Oh, staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BonnieT
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

CLEAN and convenient location to I-95. Free breakfast had more choices than we expected. Was nervous upon booking, but my concerns were alleviated the moment we walked into our room. You can tell the owner/management take great pride in their hotel. We typically frequent 3.5-4 star hotels, but we would not hesitate to stay at this Days Inn again on our next trip to Melbourne. Free wifi in room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business