“Unusual uncleanliness for a Hilton Garden Inn...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West

Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West
Ranked #30 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Vermont
“Unusual uncleanliness for a Hilton Garden Inn...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed one night in March, 2012. We usually look fro Hilton Garden Inns because we find them clean, friendly and affordable. We use them for both business and personal travel. The Hilton Garden in Miami seems to be the exception to the rule as far as cleanliness is concerned. Carpets were filthy. And I'm not that picky! Staff were helpful and moved us to another room. Same thing.
My advice? Ask to see your room first.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank pressguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Hilton are a reliable brand and this hotel is exactly what you would expect, good service, nice room, clean hotel, all the usual hilton stuff. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, however hilton like showers over baths, ok, but sometimes I like a bath! so a 4 not a 5 :)

This Hilton garden inn was located near the airport with a free shuttle service and a wendy's just over the road perfect for a one nighter!

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the ice machines!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank istanbultrip059
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

The hotel itself is nice and comfy but the staff at the front desk were rude! I even had to call and complain to the hilton honors club due to it. To top it all off even after the hilton honor program called them in ref to my complaint they did nothing to try to win me over they continued with their attitude. Hotel is great specially so close the airport I didnt even hear a plane go by but the staff needs to be replaced at the front desk. The restuarant for lunch only has sandwiches yet the menu in the room doesnt state that. The breakfast was good.

I was soaking in the tub and when I looked over to the toilet area it looked like it hasnt gotten a good cleaning in a while and the toilet paper is located under the sink a little weird. The carpets can use cleaning and its a new hotel

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank sabinafam
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We had a great night of sleep, due to the very good beds. The room is very pleasant, good atmosphere, with lot of space and a great bathroom. We felt right at home. Recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paul_&_Sanderella
Granite Falls, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

I've stayed a few different times, on stay was over a week. I did not consistently have access to a car during my stay, a car would make have mad my stay even better.

The hotel is new so the rooms were consistantly in good condition as well as the common areas.

I thought the food here was good. Breakfast was included for me ( free for gold or higher with Hilton honors). Had cook to order omelets, fruit, breads, eggs, yogurt etc. Dinner is decent and works in a pinch. I tend to like the places across the street though as I just like to get out for dinner if possible.

The van transportation was good, I heard they would take you to a grocery store a couple of mile from the hotel but I never tried. They did have good transportation to the airport and the sim/training facilities nearby.

The hotel grounds and pool area were well cared for. They have a pool and Jaccuzi.

The business center is a decent size and in good order. 2 computers, and a great full size printer/copier. Not the small size most places make do with.

The hotel wifi was decent, but did slow down in the evening.

For diner I tried several of the restaurants across the street. Directly across 36th is a Denny's and a Wendy's. Didn't go in either but guessing they are ok. In the shopping center next to the Wendy's is a fantastic Cuban place (back left corner). Inexpensive and large meals, that are very tasty. If you have never tried Cuban food GO THERE,and get the Masas de Purco ( fried pork chunks), tastes awesome and you will have enough for a second meal. I also tried the Peruvian place and the Colombian place. Both are good too. The Peruvian place is a bit more pricey, but the food was good. The Colombian place was good, the dining room is a bit small, but the prices were great and the food good. Both of those are on the right side first floor. There is also an Argentinian restaurant but I did not try it. If you make a left on 36th and go under the express way, there are 2 more good Cuban places, one on each side at the next light. El Tropico on the left side in the shopping center, and the Lating American grill on the right side. Also an Italian place and a sandwich shop on the left. Down just a little further on 36th is a Burger King and a Johnny Corino's on the left.

If you like cigars there is a good shop in the shopping center across the street from the hotel. It is on the second floor. They have a good selection, reasonable prices and the people that work there were very knowledgable.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: The sound deadening is great but if you are I light sleeper go for a room on a lower floor. The hot...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank CalebL
Bordentown, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

I try to stay at Hilton Garden Inn when I travel for business. Tripadvisor rated this hotel good. The location was poor with no place to go locally in what did not seem to be a safe neighborhood. The carpeting in my room was horrible. The worst I have ever seen at a Hilton Garden or any hotel I have stayed in over the past few years. Really surprised since I recommend Hilton Garden Inns overall. I will never stay here again uch better choices in the area at equal rates. Staff was nice perhaps just a bad room?

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank John G
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

At long last I have found a Miami airport hotel which I am happy to stay at again which is also good value for money. The only reason four stars is 1) No porter available to help with luggage. 2) No safe in room 3) Failure to give booked morning alarm call.
BUT the good points:- Bedroom was clean, amazingly restful bed, well fitted out and it smelt clean. The efficiency area within the room was also convenient and unobtrusive comprising of microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The food one could buy, within the hotel, for own use was not expensively priced. The amazing thing - the sound proofing. It was only when I went for a stroll outside that I realised that the flights into Miami Airport passed directly over the hotel. I videoed one of the evening flights as my room was on the seventh floor directly under the flight path because my friends will never believe how close the planes come but HOW QUIET it was in the room. I did not hear any noise louder than my A/c and fridge whilst in the room. I also used the gym in the hotel and whilst small compared with some other hotels it was well equipped and clean and stayed open until late. The printer in the business centre did not work, when I tried, but the helpful staff at reception rather than having me wait for a repair to be effected invited me to use their reception printer and computer without any problem.
All in all a very enjoyable evening's stay whilst waiting my flight out of MIA....and breakfast was an all you can eat type and I recall about $11...good value.
Complimentary airport shuttle is every 45 mins and on time.
As I started by saying I have no hesitation in returning to Miami Garden Inn, Miami Airport West when the next opportunity arises. Thanks to Colleen and reception staff...especially the lady with unusual name which I cannot for the life of me remember....bet I will as soon as I post this !!!

Room Tip: I found the room on top floor quiet...but if all the rooms are similar what the heck ?
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank travelaurauk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!