“We love it!”

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #20 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 February 2012

If able, I would give it a 4.5, but have no problem upgrading them (as they have upgraded me on both of my stays).

The location is great with much to do in relative walking distance. The lobby is impressive. Check in and service is always first rate. The beer, wine, and food in the Bistro is considerably above par. The rooms are awesome with ample space, modernly elegant decor, and huge bathroom. The balcony is equally impressive with plenty of room, large chairs, and amazing view of the waterfront. The fitness center is well equipped.

Who doesn't love a hosted wine happy hour in the evening with snacks?

Only downsides: we like our bed just a tiny bit firmer and the ceviche is not quite 'all that'.

Whatever, we will be back!

Room Tip: We reserved city rooms both times and were upgraded to water views at no charge.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sideshow2
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

sideshow2
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate your amazing comments about our impressive lobby, our modern and spacious guest rooms and our attentive guest service. We will refine our Ceviche and promise, the next time you visit, your bed is prepared for you to ensure a perfect sleep.
We are looking forward to your next stay.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,367)

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I recently went to Miami on business and stayed for 3 nights at the Epic hotel. The place was great! It was in a great location with awesome views from the room. I really enjoyed the morning coffee and evening wine hour it was a great touch and very appreciated.

2  Thank jimd1202
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

jimd1202
Thanks for your excellent review. We appreciate your great comments about EPIC, our well appointed and modern rooms with breathtaking views, as well as our central location in Brickell, close to offices, restaurants, shops and the Port of Miami.
We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed for a conference at the Epic. Excellent and stylish rooms with a stunning view on the harbor and Miami skyline. The service is quite inconsistent from 'ok' to excellent; some stuff did not see when service was required on their own and just reacted when being asked to do so. Where the hotel gets marked down is the management of the venue facilities: The conference room was way too cold for 2 of the 3 conference days despite of multiple complaints. Some speakers suggested to burn the furniture to stay warm or asked the attendees to bring their blankets ;-) From a top notch conference hotel I expect to get such things fixed within hours but not days. Bottom line my perception is one of a very good but not a top notch hotel, although charging as such. Therefore I don't see the the high fees justified yet. They can get there but there is some service and facility management homework left to do.

medox_de
Thanks for your comments and for not following your speaker’s suggestions…
We work very diligently to keep our guests warm and comfy, even when the weather in Miami gets unexpectedly cold.
We are glad you found EPIC stylish and well located, in walking distance to many local shops and restaurants.
We hope you will be visiting us again and looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I hosted a Board of Directors meeting with a group of about 20 people. I received nothing but praises from this discerning group! The rooms were modern, clean, and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurants was top notch and other restaurants are within walking distance. As with all Kimpton properties, there are evening wine happy hours which adds a nice touch after long days of meetings.

I'd recommend giving it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook Biscayne; the traffic can be noisy even on higher floors (I wa...
1  Thank Sgoudeseun

Sgoudeseun
Thanks for your review and recommending EPIC to other travelers. We are thrilled you and your entire group had a very productive meeting and an amazing time at EPIC. We are glad you checked out our award-winning restaurants AREA31 and ZUMA and had a great dining experience.
We are looking forward to you next visit, with your group or solo.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed 4 nights for a business trip.
I had a great double room, and the bathroom was great: really spacious.

I had business in Brickell, so I was within walking distance. The complimentary happy hour was great, and a perfect end to the work day.

The other reviewers are correct, there is a car show out front every day, and luxury yachts docked alongside the lobby.

The spa and the restaurants were great on site, but room service is limited in variety.

I would have given the Hotel a 5 except on my first morning there I had a wake up call to my room at 6am, and I had not ordered a wake up call. I'm not unreasonable, mistakes happen. I explained to the gentleman some what groggily as I had only checked in some 6 hours previously, that I had not ordered the call. He apologized, and I fell asleep again. Only to be awoken 20 minutes later by the same man, with my 6:20am wake up call!

I can forgive one mistake, but not two. I didn't bother bringing it to management's attention, I just took it as a sign to get up and go to the gym.

But it did leave me with an unprofessional feeling about the staff.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank ceclarke1

ceclarke1
Thanks you for sharing your comments from your stay. We are so sorry about the wake up calls – please accept our apologies.
We are glad your overall stay was very enjoyable and you appreciated our complimentary wine hour each evening. We would love having you back as our guest – please visit us again.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed one night before our cruise and to be honest in hindsight I would have rather stayed at the Epic than go on the cruise....but that is another review in itself :) I loved the room, it was clean and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was really nice with double sinks and an amazing overhead rain shower head. My only complaint would be that the bed sheets were not soft enough. The staff was helpful and friendly and quickly upgraded our room upon realizing the one they sent us to was not ready. I would definitely recommend and return!

Room Tip: water view is beautiful!
1  Thank Mrs. Jane M
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

J M
Thanks for your wonderful comments about our rooms, spacious bathrooms and our friendly and intimate service. We appreciate you recommending EPIC to other travelers and planning on returning soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

The Epic has some great amenities. They have a wine reception every evening and coffee and tea available in lobby each morning. We ate dinner in the restaurant on the 14th floor. The inside area was way too noisy. We asked to be seated outside and it was much better (ask to be seated by a heat lamp). Food was good, not great. There is no gift shop in the hotel but there is a CVS pharmacy two blocks away. There is also a nice walk/run you can take out of the hotel and around Brickell point. The hotel is very modern looking with sleek lines and very clean. We did have room service which was prompt and good. The staff was always willing to help and direct. I took the yoga class in the spa and it was fairly hard. I have been doing yoga for a few years and we travel a lot. Usually yoga classes in hotels are geared for the guests and aren't too hard. This class had a lot of locals in it and was pretty hard (level 2 plus). So, if you are new to yoga you might want to pass. I was ready for an easy class and had to amp up my energy level! Anyway, it's a nice hotel and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

cliffview12
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay. We are glad to see that you loved our modern hotel with well appointed and super comfy rooms. Your comments about our prompt and friendly service is very much appreciated. Please make sure you bring your sneakers with you again when you visit next – we love to stay in shape at EPIC and invite our guests to exercise with us – either Tuesday mornings for an awakening power-walk or a sunrise run each Thursday morning, around Brickell Key. Try out different Yoga classes at EXHALE – all levels all welcome.
We would like to have you back as our guest and looking forward to your next visit.