“Great room for the cost”

Quality Inn Miami Airport
Ranked #85 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Regina, SK, Canada
“Great room for the cost”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The staff have been very friendly, and the services provided by the hotel are worth the value of the stay. The free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel, the full breakfast, and the $10 shuttle service to Miami Port definitely are somethings to consider. The room was clean with all necessities (fridge, microwave, iron,..) Will stay here on our way home. The only distraction can be the plane sound, but not that bad.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Natalia F, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Guest,
It’s always refreshing to hear comments like this. We are so close to the airport, so can’t really do anything about the plane sound. Thank you for your feed back as comments from guest is very important to us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This is a very low quality property, albiet with friendly staff, that caters to a lot of foreign nationals and is in a pretty poor area. Do not bring your wife and family here expecting a good experience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
We want to apologize for the bad experience on your recent stay, but I can't really address your concerns with any of my staff unless you are more specific about your stay. Thank you.
Delaware, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2012

2 rooms booked and I couldn't cancel because of non-refundable policy. On our Dec. 31, 2011 we waited for 1 1/2 hours at the airport for the shuttle. Made 4 phone calls to hotel before we finally got picked up. Hotel staff rude when we called, I was traveling with a child and was very unhappy with the service. Schedule 12:30 shuttle to the Port of Miami, waiting in lobby at 12:15 alarm in lobby continously going off (loud). Everyone moved outside to wait, finally after several compliants from numerous guests we were told that they had to borrow a shuttle from another hotel because it was over booked. Finally they arrived at the hotel at 1:15 waited again over an hour, this in return only gave us less than one hour to go through the process of boarding the cruise ship. Shuttles in poor condition. Upon leaving that morning found little spiders all over the tv stand in our room.
January 8, 2012 stay was put in room 318. Room smelled moldy and I requested to switch rooms I have an asthmatic child. Moved to room 316, curtains and chair were flithy and stained. Windows don't shut properly window sills dirty and modly. Carpets unvaccumed & stained. Pizza companys getting in secured doorways and putting fliers under room doors throughout the evening. Vending not properly stocked, frontdesk doesnt have proper change for vending. Toilet in room didn't work properly had to have them come plunge it.
Very disappointed with whole experience, I was lead to believe that when I booked through my Choice Priveleges that I could assure the quality of the hotels that they have chosen. The license in the elevator was not even licensed in the hotels name. It was licensed in another hotel chain name. Very pissed that I could not cancel my hotel for Jan. date after terrible service on Dec. 31st date because of the non-refundable policy when booking through Choice Priveleges. Due to the ordeal I went through I will not be booking any further hotels through this. I was stuck in a terrible hotel and couldn't switch to a nicer one without losing several hundred dollars. Never again.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
We want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your stay with us. I have addressed your concerns with all staff members. We appreciate your feed back as comments from guest such as yourself allow us to make improvements. Thank you.
South Africa
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I have always stayed at this hotel going back many years when they were still known as Fairfield Inn. I have got to know the General Manager, Mrs Fernandez. I phoned and spoke to her personally and explained that due to my disability I must have a room with a walk in shower as I can not climb into a bath. Well the room had a walk in shower with a aluminium strip, the tiles were normal glossy and slippery. There is no cord switch if help is needed. They still have a nerve to have a badge on the outside of the door that the room is for disabled! I stayed there in October 2011 and so far she or anyone else has not bothered to contact me to find out if I managed to get home all right or ask me how I am getting on.

Room Tip: If you are disabled stay away!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
We want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on not having the room you requested, but we are limited to handicap rooms. Also, we have recently changed management here at the Quality Inn and we are happy you made it home safely. Again please accept are apologies and thank you for your feed back.
Quito
Reviewed 5 January 2012

In November I traveled with a business partner to Miami for a Show. We found in internet this hotel, the location was great, everything was close enough and we could be moving around the all day...

Nice rooms, big enough and clean...

Room Tip: The best rooms are those that are the back part, do not ask for a room in the front part of the hote...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank NomadGPS
Thank you for your feed back, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay.
dominica
Reviewed 22 December 2011

very good hot breakfast and good room .The only complaint is that they have an airport shuttle that runs only every hour.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Val David, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Prior to taking a cruise on Dec 4th 2011 we had booked a one night stay at this hotel. When we reserved the room we were told that the shuttle would pick us up at the airport. When we arrived we waited one hour then took a taxi to the hotel,(cost $25) only to be told that we had to call for the shuttle on arrival. This was contrary to the info at booking, The room was not bad but we have been in much better. The hotel has no bar and no dining room other than a small local for breakfast.The hotel is located in what appears to be an industrial part of Miami and has no restaurants worthy of the name in the immidiate vicinity. We finally found an Italian restaurant after a 25 minute walk, The hotel clerk advised us that the shuttle for the port of Miami would leave at 9:15 and 12.00 o'clock but that the ship would not commence boarding procedures before 1.00P,M. He reccomended that we take the last shuttle. The same info was given to others at the same time. What a surprise when we arrived at the port to find that boarding had been underway since 10.00A,M and that we were the last to arrive. We therefore lost 3 to 4 hours aboard ship ,time that was spent hanging around the hotel room needlessly, This hotel is definitly not up to standard for a Quality Inn. We will be taking other cruises but we will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Roland95
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
0.5 km away
Regency Hotel Miami
#37 of 123 in Miami
0.6 km away
Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral

Been to Quality Inn Miami Airport? Share your experiences!